Cove Thread

18 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was happy enough with our display last night, unless there is a big improvment before the league starts i would be a bit concerned that the season could be dissapointing.

Peterhead looked sharp, pressed high, players looked disciplined and kept their shape, and the spine of the side with Stu, Brown, Strachan, Hamish, Andy and Shanks has quality. Liked your trialist RB, any idea who he is?

Take it the big improvement part is aimed at Cove? If so, I couldn't agree more. You would never think last night was a full time side vs a part time side or there was a league separating the teams. We've barely transitioned to FT obviously.

In fairness to us we're fielding loads of trialists who look woefully short and nowhere near the quality of the players we've had previously. Efe Ambrose is purely a name and I would stay away from him.

In fact there's a stark difference between the side that won us the league 2 years ago. Harry, Logan, Rory, Morgyn, Strachan, Ross, McIntosh all big losses at this level.

We are still looking for at least 5 more players. If they aren't "ambitious" signings we'll be muddling around mid-table

On 12/07/2023 at 09:23, CoveRangers1922 said:

Peterhead looked sharp, pressed high, players looked disciplined and kept their shape, and the spine of the side with Stu, Brown, Strachan, Hamish, Andy and Shanks has quality. Liked your trialist RB, any idea who he is?

Not sure of his name but was released by Celtic i believe, heard he will trial for Cove on saturday

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Not sure of his name but was released by Celtic i believe, heard he will trial for Cove on saturday

Can't find any sort of a release list for Celtic but going off transfermarket it could be Caleb Goldie.

On 15/07/2023 at 23:06, ScottR96 said:

Will Cove have a stream for the game on Tuesday night? 

I think both teams are struggling get starting XI’s let alone a stream 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Man Bun signs!!!!!!!

illustrious career to date said no one after reading his wiki. 

Expectations are low but we'll see. If he can be a physical presence and hold it up for Mitch and Burrell then might be ok. Would have 36 year old Rory any day over him or a half fit Shane

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Expectations are low but we'll see. If he can be a physical presence and hold it up for Mitch and Burrell then might be ok. Would have 36 year old Rory any day over him or a half fit Shane

Golding was on trial here for a couple of weeks. Played in our pre season games v Gretna and Dundee United. Wasnt offered a deal as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Golding was on trial here for a couple of weeks. Played in our pre season games v Gretna and Dundee United. Wasnt offered a deal as far as I know.

Sounds like he’s done a tour of Scotland - had heard he’d also been in at Livingston - guessing Nouble helped him with that 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Man Bun signs!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

First thought it was that boy Hornby Aberdeen had on loan during the Covid season. 

another Gerry McDonagh to me. Same as any player I’ll judge when see them in action.

Cove sign Dayshonne Golding, Jacob Jones and Josh Kerr.

Squad now at 20. Hartley quoted as saying:

"We have still a few positions we need to fill"

I Imagine winger is one of those positions along with right back.

If we want to make room for other signings I don't expect Naismith to stick around and Vigurs could go out on loan

Screenshot_2023-07-21-21-22-59-22_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jacob Jones was on trial with us but we signed Owen Beck and then went to Killie on trial as well.

Heard he was on trial with you lads. Didn't realise he went to Killie though. Optimistic he could actually be beneficial for us, will never replace Harry though.