Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Is DL still there? Surely 9 straight defeats is a sackable offence?

Thank god for you guys and Peterhead or we'd be finding ourselves bottom in the form that we are in.

As a league 1 veteran myself, it is an awful feeling when you just don't care about how your team are doing and you don't get that sinking feeling when a goal goes in or you just expect a collapse.

Even if there isn't a great deal to chose from in terms of managers, I think 100% you need a change.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I get that and it may be past the point of no return.

All I am suggesting is the issues are structural and the club needs root and branch reform if Clyde is to remain competitive.

Given the poor leadership over many many years (some but not all of it bad luck)and the current pyramid structure I would suggest time is quite short.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

You mustn't forget that this is the third season Danny Lennon has recruited badly.

The third season of confused tactics and team selections

He's had plenty of time and opportunity to turn things around.

It's obvious now he doesn't know how to do it.

He should be sacked but I doubt he will. No other manager would survive nine league defeats in a row.

Clyde obviously don't have a great budget and whoever is in charge is going to have a tough gig. You need someone who can recruit well within that limited budget then organise those players into a system that makes the most of their strengths. It's a thankless task for any manager. Danny Lennon however is definitely not the man. His recruitment is notoriously shite. At Alloa he oversaw the breakup of a brilliant squad and replaced it with random signings from all over the place who looked very much like shots in the dark. Players have also spoken since about his overly elaborate and long winded tactical ideas that probably weren't great at any level, but certainly didn't suit part time football and the rather limited players he had signed in particular. I'm surprised he has lasted so long at Clyde. Clearly helped massively by having Goodwillie, and last season by Barry Ferguson gifting him 9 points and Neil Parry. 

Edited by Waspie

6 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

‘You’ will get relegated, wee slip of the mask there mate. Now f**k off and stop clogging up OUR thread with your pish.

Clyde 01 if you can’t add anything constructive to this chat just go back in your cage.DL will be in charge for the foreseeable future now that’s the deal just accept it.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Clyde obviously don't have a great budget and whoever is in charge is going to have a tough gig. You need someone who can recruit well within that limited budget then organise those players into a system that makes the most of their strengths. It's a thankless task for any manager. Danny Lennon however is definitely not the man. His recruitment is notoriously shite. At Alloa he oversaw the breakup of a brilliant squad and replaced it with random signings from all over the place who looked very much like shots in the dark. Players have also spoken since about his overly elaborate and long winded tactical ideas that probably weren't great at any level, but certainly didn't suit part time football and the rather limited players he had signed in particular. I'm surprised he has lasted so long at Clyde. Clearly helped massively by having Goodwillie, and last season by Barry Ferguson gifting him 9 points and Neil Parry. 

Couldn’t have put it better..his recruitment is well documented and the over thinking and baffling tactics and selections are the running theme on our threads for last 3 years at least.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

DL will be in charge next week against Alloa and he will take all 3 points.Do you guys have a B team.

6 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

To be fair I gave you credit for talking sense but it’s clear to see your a complete idiot hence the name.Every time a see a post from you I’ll think what’s this idiot saying😂

Do us all a huge favour and go away please. There’s genuine Clyde fans on here worried sick about our football Club and its future and all you appear to want to do is abuse and goad people if they don’t agree with you. 

3 hours ago, Malcontent said:

Do us all a huge favour and go away please. There’s genuine Clyde fans on here worried sick about our football Club and its future and all you appear to want to do is abuse and goad people if they don’t agree with you. 

If your a genuine fan you should support the manager who has been loyal to you..

Besides that, Danny just needs to go. He done his job and took us out of League 2. There comes a point where things get stale and need refreshed and this happened naturally probably the season after he got us promoted. Everything since then has just been a means to an end. If he's staying because we can't afford to pay him up, that's fair enough because we (stupidly) gave him a contract and he has to look out for his own interests, but it doesn't change the fact that the dice needs to be rolled and things need to change.

'Be careful what you wish for' when it comes to wanting to change a manager after several absolutely dreadful seasons watching him blow slim budgets on bizarre squads resulting in eye-bleeding football is just absolutely shitebag stuff and if you think that, you need to give yourself a shake.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Besides that, Danny just needs to go. He done his job and took us out of League 2. There comes a point where things get stale and need refreshed and this happened naturally probably the season after he got us promoted. Everything since then has just been a means to an end. If he's staying because we can't afford to pay him up, that's fair enough because we (stupidly) gave him a contract and he has to look out for his own interests, but it doesn't change the fact that the dice needs to be rolled and things need to change.

'Be careful what you wish for' when it comes to wanting to change a manager after several absolutely dreadful seasons watching him blow slim budgets on bizarre squads resulting in eye-bleeding football is just absolutely shitebag stuff and if you think that, you need to give yourself a shake.

Because you don’t like my views you want my silence.It’s not happening this country is a democracy and we know you want to press the panic button and run away.Give the guy a chance to turn it around.Tell us all who you would put in charge.

21 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The longer Danny stays in the job, the more people will become alienated with the situation. 

Exactly. We really don't need what little fans we have left to stop going.

We've lost 9 games in a row ffs! Fwiw, Jim Chapman left the club third bottom of League 2 on 8 points after 10 games (2 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses) and we were going ballistic wanting rid of him. Boys were literally fighting with John Joyce which ultimately made their position untenable. We now have someone who's supposed to be a better manager on a much poorer run of games after an extremely poor few seasons. I understand we can't risk getting sued (again) but there must be some way out of this.