Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Duffy brought in after 12 games with I would imagine, the very clear brief “keep us up” given resources to bring in new blood and over 60% of the season left to achieve his target. 
FAILED. 

Board decision? Invite failed manager to head up the football department with 100% autonomy. 

Reasoning?
 To free up the Board to get on with non football related matters.

if ever there was an absolving of responsibility by a Football Club Board of Directors- there you have it.

A review of the football department has been conducted they tell us. 
How long did it take to concede to each other the fabulous scouting system they put in place was an abject failure? 
All that’s missing, and will remain missing no doubt,  is an apology to the fans, owners and sponsors for getting it so very wrong.

please god some sort of change/takeover is being readied by someone, some group, anyone…….if this group are allowed to continue making decisions on behalf of a fans owned Club without consulting or listening to the fans then the eventual outcome does not  bear thinking about.

Given how horribly bad we were this season, saying we’ll have an almost completely new squad isn’t a surprise. 

Can see the logic of moving Duffy upstairs, a head coach appointment sooner than later is needed. 

21 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Whatever the merits of a DOF is it not an extra off the field wage? I thought your club was strapped for cash?

2 other jobs have been merged into a director of football, so seems we’re saving a wage. 

1 hour ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Duffy brought in after 12 games with I would imagine, the very clear brief “keep us up” given resources to bring in new blood and over 60% of the season left to achieve his target. 
FAILED. 

As unpopular an opinion as this may be I feel this is a bit harsh. 

Duffy was brought in to take over a squad that was absolutely miles off it where the only hope of staying up was through a playoff. Got rid of some dross and brought in a better quality of player than which left ( barring Allan who was our best striker and was sold from under him). Got us into the play off final despite having 4/5 starters sitting in the stand, with another 3 players joining them within the first 30 minutes of the final 2nd leg. Had us competing in the playoff final until tired legs took over in the last 30 minutes. 

I understand Duffy isn’t a very popular figure at Clyde and plays some pretty chronic football but to say he out and out failed since he came in is pretty harsh considering he started with 1 hand behind his back and the other one got tied behind his back going into the playoffs. 

The guys not an absolute charlatan he has had a great career and clearly knows his football. He’s very much suited to the role he has gotten now I feel. I am willing to give him a chance. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Can see the logic of moving Duffy upstairs, a head coach appointment sooner than later is needed. 

Any chance you could explain the logic to me please as I can't figure it out at all. Why on earth would we want to hold on to a failed and uninspiring manager whose brand of football is appallingly bad to watch and largely ineffective? I don't think I'd have him at the club in ANY capacity never mind a role with "football" in the title.

There's only one direction Duffy should have been moved and that's straight out the door. The board are taking the absolute piss now.

Edited by RutherGlen

I just want a solid head coach, a leader on the park, a playing squad devoid of guys who can't even cut it in League 2 and let's see a Clyde we can be proud of again.

Meanwhile, won't it be exciting to be getting back to the League 2 P&B forum again for all the big news that helps shape Scottish football 😛😛

In unrelated news, would be good if the club would make public our stance on the conference league fiasco. The vote is coming up soon and I would hope we are rejecting. A steaming pile of shite that we have more than fair chance of being in or around, get it in the sea. 

2 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Any chance you could explain the logic to me please as I can't figure it out at all. Why on earth would we want to hold on to a failed and uninspiring manager whose brand of football is appallingly bad to watch and largely ineffective? I don't think I'd have him at the club in ANY capacity never mind a role with "football" in the title.

There's only one direction Duffy should have been moved and that's straight out the door. The board are taking the absolute piss now.

I agree he shouldn’t have been kept on as manager, but I do think his experience and connections in the game could be beneficial in the role we have given him. I understand peoples dislike for him, but equally I’m willing to see how it plays out with a new manager. 

15 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I agree he shouldn’t have been kept on as manager, but I do think his experience and connections in the game could be beneficial in the role we have given him. I understand peoples dislike for him, but equally I’m willing to see how it plays out with a new manager. 

If his connections and experience weren't enough to make him a success as manager and allow us to avoid relegation against a very average Annan side what makes you think they'll be useful in his Director of Football role? I still can't make any sense of this.

Have o agree with Ocelot 1877. Half the crap was shipped out or retired when he could do so, and managed to bring in something slightly better, with even more limited money by January. Too far behind in December unfortunately so play off was the best we could hope for….by no means perfect, but I don’t think many could have came in and done much better. The last set of games was better, but unfortunately fell to Annan. Players injured in the stands then got injured on the night. Just wasn’t to be. However, winning 14 league games in 2 seasons meant this was coming unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Worm said:

If the pyramid was in place the last time Fluffy was in charge we’d already be in the Lowland League

It's staggering there are Clyde fans who think he did a reasonable job this season. God help us...

A wee reminder that our new Director of Football signed Rennie and Doherty on 18 month contracts.

There's no way we will be "competitive" (whatever that means) with those two leading the line.

Does his recruitment over many years with many different clubs stand up to scrutiny?