Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Frustrating other clubs in our division are doing business and we’re still twiddling our thumbs. Got that feeling we’ll be feeding of scraps again.

As I said before, I’ll be amazed if we haven’t got a front row seat booked for the exit trials.

25 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Stephen Swift returns to Broomhill as manager. Will be interested to see if any of the guys we have let go or have offered terms to end up there

He’d probably think they weren’t good enough!

4 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

No surprise that we appear to be attempting to tilt the owners in favour of voting in favour of the Conference League given that it's one more barrier stopping us from dropping into the Lowland League.

In response to the downvote here, I'd just like to make it clear that I do not want the conference league to be a thing that happens. As far as I know, no other fan of Clyde or any other club for that matter wants it.

It just looks glaringly obvious to me that the Clyde board are choking to vote 'yes' because it puts one more step between us and oblivion.

I’m not seeing how this is any different from the lowland league to be honest. Clubs there already get bribe money from the old firm, I don’t think it’s considerably more in the proposed new set up.

Better marketing of the league sounds like code for 4 shitty b-team old firm games to push, no thanks. 🤮

Having b-teams in the lowland league is not for me either but I see no ways at all that the conference league is a better idea, it’s actually worse than the status quo. 

Our conference league statement is an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment. Keep in mind this is what they managed to come up with after handing off the football side of things to Duffy so they could focus on issues like this. 

We are a supporter owned club when it suits them. 

We are absolutely giving off the stench of a club preparing to go down again at the moment. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

The issue despite the board offering alternative proposal is that B Teams are still included.

I actually think an additional league featuring ‘Lowland. And Highland league’ is appealing however not with any B team in it. That is the fundamental line in the sand for me.

Pity the club never seem to be caving to the financial bribe like perhaps some others? So my vote will be a NO to conference league as long a B team is included. 

3 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I actually think an additional league featuring ‘Lowland. And Highland league’ is appealing however not with any B team in it. That is the fundamental line in the sand for me.

To be honest, I don’t think any extra step in the pyramid which essentially relegates every team below League 2 is fair or appealing in any sense.

The pyramid was opened up so that L2 could be the league that features LL and HL teams. Introducing another step isn’t necessary.

As far as the B teams go, just reintroduce a competitive reserve league.

2 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Stephen Swift returns to Broomhill as manager. Will be interested to see if any of the guys we have let go or have offered terms to end up there

Classic Billy Reid move