Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Never really got some posters happiness for other clubs demise..

Personally i.d rather have Albion rovers. Berwick. Shire over some Caley, Livi or the latest new league team that play on an astro with a fence around pitch with no support or support that dont look as if theyve just walked out of murrayfield in brown cords, square chins and masters of the lidl middle aisle..

Several instutions of scottish football slowly leaving us. Leagues of B teams appearing and general nonsence, not healthy but...

Yeah my lot been homeless since 1985 and one day it might/will prob catch up with us i dont disagree but we turn heads and will always be an instution..

Now toddle along and thank you for reading this whilst you look in the mirror tryin to find your cock behind your oversized gut for your age or take a wee look at your burd whos probably more interested in your even uglier looking pal and what hes doin than some wet wipe...

We might be relegated but we aint you..

Happy weekend girls

SSB👍

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Yeah, and a new league to experience being the club with the lowest budget!

We have been on a steady downward spiral since as far back as the late 60s. Just one final big push lads and rock bottom is all ours.

(Singing "Jimmy Duffy's Nadir Army")

2 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Yeah, and a new league to experience being the club with the lowest budget!

We have been on a steady downward spiral since as far back as the late 60s. Just one final big push lads and rock bottom is all ours.

(Singing "Jimmy Duffy's Nadir Army")

Bring Danny Lennon back after all he got us out of league 2 the last time.Nothing can be worse than Jim Duffy and his Jurassic park tactics

17 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Not sure about being inundated but I agree we would definitely get some applications, almost all of which would likely be a better option than Duffy.

If the board stick with Duffy on the assumption no one else wants the job that is a dereliction of duty on their part and a stackable offence in its own right. 

Can we name one decision, one initiative, in the past few seasons the Board can claim as being a success?

11 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

Chairman’s statement is a joke.

I wish it was a joke, but sadly he most likely thinks it’s showing empathy, promising to fix everything and all will be well.

more than a little delusional frankly and straight out the middle management training manual.

The Board need to be removed.

5 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Don’t disagree but unless there is someone who wants to take over and has a shed load of money they are happy to write off by putting into the club then won’t happen

Are you ready to put yourself forward to join the board?

It all very easy to say “sack the board”  but unless there is a group who

1. have the clubs interest at heart

2. who have significant money to invest 

3. Have the necessary skills and time to implement their vision

We would be in a worse position (yeah know hard to believe but would be true) if the board just all resigned en masse

5 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Can we name one decision, one initiative, in the past few seasons the Board can claim as being a success?

After talking for about 15 years about leaving Broadwood, you finally managed to sever connections with the one place that had been willing to give you a home?

6 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

HT crossbar challenge? Mind you...think that was the Glasgow Branch rather than the board. At least they didn't block it!

6 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I wish it was a joke, but sadly he most likely thinks it’s showing empathy, promising to fix everything and all will be well.

more than a little delusional frankly and straight out the middle management training manual.

By whom ? And then what ?

6 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

By whom ? And then what ?

I don't have the answer to this but could we put the club up for sale and see what happens? We're often told there is no viable alternative but no harm in asking the question and seeing if any interested parties come forward.

Big part of our clubs demise is the failed ownership model. Generates little income (next to none that can make a difference) and has no potential for further investment. As stated above, the club should be offered out to anyone who might be remotely interested. "Owners" need to realise that this model is what is holding us back.

10 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I don't have the answer to this but could we put the club up for sale and see what happens? We're often told there is no viable alternative but no harm in asking the question and seeing if any interested parties come forward.

I get what you’re saying but the current model I think puts potential investors off.. If Crownpoint falls through, then that could be it I fear. 

22 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

I get what you’re saying but the current model I think puts potential investors off.. If Crownpoint falls through, then that could be it I fear. 

I agree with you that the current model could well be a barrier to outside investment but wasn't it recently stated by our Chairman/Board that the model itself is up for negotiation (including being scrapped altogether), should someone come in with a viable offer which is favourable to the current membership?

I seriously doubt many "owners" would vote against scrapping the CIC model if an investor came in with a reasonable offer. Again, why can't the board effectively put the club up for sale to gauge interest? I don't buy the "if anyone was interested we'd know about it already" argument. We need to ask the question and make it clear that the CIC model needn't be an issue to any decent bids.

Edited by RutherGlen