Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Empty this tinpot club top to bottom. If Duffy is still there next season not only am I not buying a season ticket I won't be coming back. Not spending my time and money to have my eyes bleed watching an absolute relic of the game have his team play hoofball. 

f**k the board 

f**k Duffy 

f**k that squad of amateurs 

Would rather go watch junior teams, least they are run like a football club 

9 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Loanees:

McGeever - Contracted with Dumbarton  next year but if for some stupid reason they wanted rid, I'd take him permanently and hope he stays fit.

The big man's away to Dubai, so he won't be back with either of us. He's got a new job out there.

1 hour ago, Bob731 said:

is the Chairmen, who is undoubtedly a fan, got the best skills for the job within a really challenging financial situation…would  be good to see someone else who might want to give it a go and get the place going again but no one out there apparently?

This is the crux of the problem

1. Chairman is obviously a fan and puts in hours for no financial recompense and plenty of abuse.  However he is effectively an administrator that cant really change the needle on things

2. We don’t need administrators, accountants, pen pushers, marketers.  What we need is someone with lots of cold hard cash who isn’t bothered about losing it and is a Clyde fan.  Unfortunately if that person was out there I think they would have stepped forward by now 

After having a bit of time to reflect on the whole thing I’m quite suprised just how apathetic I feel. The club is going backwards on and off the park and we are nowhere near the team that got promoted in 2019 both on the pitch and off it. We have been sleepwalking for a while and we have woken up in 2011, Fan Morale at a low, in league 2 and Jim Duffy as manager.

We have never really pushed on in league 1 and that’s because we had a manager a CF and a GK rumoured to have been taking up a third of our playing budget alone. Lennon whilst a nice guy had the fans (myself included at points) wrapped around his finger. When you hear some of the stories about his tenure now he really did seem to have lost the plot a bit and should have been politely shown the door when guys like Nicoll and Lyon came back. Returning to players that were obviously not good enough when we went up but brought back because Danny had no idea how to build a competent team at this level.

If you take away the players we have no real chance of keeping on, I’d be wanting to keep Ray Grant, Mullen and Sula. The rest can go and are replaceable in my opinion. 

In terms of a Manager for next year I’m resigned to it being Duffy and I’m not really sure who else is even available or would want it. I’d be taking a shot on a guy from a bit further down the pyramid maybe and if we are just fantasy booking it I’d go with Moffat at Clydebank. 

Think I need a few weeks off to get the fire in my belly back, it’s been on the way out since about October 

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The big man's away to Dubai, so he won't be back with either of us. He's got a new job out there.

At least we won't have to play against him again as even Goodwillie struggled against him.

Well that's the end of a particularly brutal season for both of us and we meet again in League Two. I honestly thought you were going to turn it around last night until injuries and tiredness kicked in. One consolation for us is we won't have two marathon trips to Annan next season. I hope we can both turn it round and be battling each other again at the top of the league next season.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Have memories of visiting Shawfield as a nipper.

Moses found a new homeland quicker.

Obvious statement incoming: the club need to find a base or the future is?

Is Crownpoint going to happen or are Finnart Star going to gazump you.

All the best in L2, but if you don't get sorted over Summer the dreaded play-off is a reality.

To be fair, Moses was backed by a very influential being.

Relegation has been a stick on for so long I wasn’t even annoyed or all that disappointed last night. Since John Brown became manager I have slowly but surely lost the vast majority of passion for the club on and off the park to the point I don’t really give a f**k if we get relegated. I would never have thought like that before the John Brown shitshow and the rest of the clowns who have followed suit since.

Theres probably a good chunk of our fanbase who are thinking similar and who hardly go to games like me or not at all. 
Sad times for a once reasonably successful lower league club.

55 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Aw aye, good on him. Seems a nice big laddie.

Aye he's a terrific big guy. He jumped on co-commentary with me a fair bit whilst he was injured and was always a good laugh, but also really honest and interesting.

No idea if he'll be kicking a ball over there at all, but it would be a shame if he wasn't. Although near enough two years injured might've convinced him to just call it a day.

12 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

At least we won't have to play against him again as even Goodwillie struggled against him.

He seemed to be one of the only guys who knew how to play Goodwillie in that league. Him and Morgyn Neill used to always plant one on him early in a game, and I don't know if that was what did it - or if it was some sort of secret that Duffy had taught them. 

There seems to be a belief amongst some Clyde fans that Clyde are not tempting to potential managers.

I disagree. I bet if applications were invited the club would be inundated. I'm sure they'd be at least 100 applicants who are better options than Duffy.

I might even apply myself. So that would make it at least 101.

Edited by haufdaft

40 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

There seems to be a belief amongst some Clyde fans that Clyde are not tempting to potential managers.

I disagree. I bet if applications were invited the club would be inundated. I'm sure they'd be at least 100 applicants who are better options than Duffy.

I might even apply myself. So that would make it at least 101.

Not sure about being inundated but I agree we would definitely get some applications, almost all of which would likely be a better option than Duffy.

If the board stick with Duffy on the assumption no one else wants the job that is a dereliction of duty on their part and a stackable offence in its own right. 

tbph, Clyde are more than likely going to go the way of Cowdenbeath. Utterly skint, no ground to call their own and a dwindling fanbase. A board who are clearly incompetent.

No loss to division 1 and probably no loss to division 2 either.

4 hours ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

Well that's the end of a particularly brutal season for both of us and we meet again in League Two. I honestly thought you were going to turn it around last night until injuries and tiredness kicked in. One consolation for us is we won't have two marathon trips to Annan next season. I hope we can both turn it round and be battling each other again at the top of the league next season.

As long as you finish 10 points adrift of us in second then fair enough 😉

Chairman’s statement is the absolute minimum he could have said or done. It’s obvious there hasn’t been anything written ahead of the game last night and that is embarrassing. It’s saying something for the sake of saying something

the writing has been on the wall since November and any  review of the footballing department should have been started and finished months ago with 2 statements ready to go today- 1 if we stayed up and 1 for if we went down. Not empty statements about readying ourselves and changing infrastructure with no details.

Seeing what’s happened to Brechin and today Albion Rovers should be warning  enough 

Edited by Ocelot1877

The chairman's message tell us absolutely nothing.

To be honest, it's offensive in its content. Does he really think Clyde fans are all daft enough to believe he's actually telling us something of value?

It's obviously a case of the club knowing they should make a statement but not actually wanting to tell the fans anything.

Empty words.

I'll help him.

Start the next statement with, "Jim Duffy has been relieved of his position as Clyde manager with immediate effect"

36 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

If we go down to the Lowland League -look on the bright side, Albion Rovers, East Stirling, Cowdenbeath - it’ll be like the old Second Division days - plus Kilby will be a good derby

Better derby would be Finnart Star.