Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Supposed to be on the BBC News channel, don't know what time.

Sophie Ride providing a good build up live on Sky.

If and when we get to seeing them in a live debate I would think that Hunt will wipe the floor with Boris.

It’s no surprise which posters on here are acting as apologists for Johnson; a man with few principles, little integrity and very questionable morals.  A man totally unfit to be PM.  A man who blatantly lied during the Brexit campaign and who is still lying about how he will deliver Brexit.
Boris for PM

53 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Does anyone know if the Hunt/BoJo hustings, commencing in Brummieland later this afternoon be live on TV, or will there be any televised highlights?

After watching10 mins of the Beebs effort on Tuesday night I'd say hopefully not!

8 minutes ago, btb said:

After watching10 mins of the Beebs effort on Tuesday night I'd say hopefully not!

Just about to start on Sky News. They'll be facing questions from local Tory members unlike that pathetic Beeb debate.

Could be interesting.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just about to start on Sky News. They'll be facing questions from local Tory members unlike that pathetic Beeb debate.

Could be interesting.

I'd say have "you nothing better to do" but I'm posting on here on a lovely Saturday afternoon in order to avoid interacting with my family! :whistle 

3 minutes ago, btb said:

I'd say have "you nothing better to do" but I'm posting on here on a lovely Saturday afternoon in order to avoid interacting with my family! :whistle 

Snap!!

Only in my case it's my partner's family.

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't believe someone has just asked Hunt how he will deal with the blatant left wing bias which spews out the BBC.

Left wing bias?  WTF?

Tories been screwing people over for nearly a decade now..... all cause of that brainwashing left wing bias from the BBC.....

Johnson's getting too old to do his bumbling fool with razor sharp wit act, he doesn't even know how to dodge a question while giving a semblance that he's answering it, or just to say it's none of your business. Any rational person using reason would pick Hunt, Johnson's a shoe in.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Johnson's getting too old to do his bumbling fool with razor sharp wit act, he doesn't even know how to dodge a question while giving a semblance that he's answering it, or just to say it's none of your business. Any rational person using reason would pick Hunt, Johnson's a shoe in.

Definitely Round 1 of this long drawn out process to Hunt.

I'd say the final outcome is no longer a foregone conclusion, although we are of course dealing with Tories here.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Definitely Round 1 of this long drawn out process to Hunt.

I'd say the final outcome is no longer a foregone conclusion, although we are of course dealing with Tories here.

His mealy mouthed non committal waffling on HS2 and Heathrow wouldn't have impressed me if I was a Tory. At least Hunt gave straight answers, even on relationship education which would have annoyed the hardcore social conservatives in the audience. Beginning to think there could be more pragmatic Tories in the membership than the pollsters think, rather than being 99% hard brexit lemmings.

Just watched the clip of Johnson avoiding the question about his character.  The audience reaction to the questions shows that these people don’t give a flying f*ck; they are probably of similar character as him.

Another thing that made me think Johnson might be losing his faculties, banging on about Crossrail 2 and how rubbish the current London Mayor is, when he's in front of an Tory audience in fucking Birmingham. Who gives a f**k, apart from their taxes getting diverted for yet another London megabucks spend.

Attempted rape?

get his slack arse in jail. Isn’t that what Mr Assange was hounded for?

(though I have just woke up!)

Edited by GOG

We’ve reached a dark time in politics.  I’m not sure when it started but it has manifested itself in an incredibly polarised society where objectivity seems to have gone out the window.

Johnson is despised within the Tory ranks of Parliament yet has been way out in front in every round of this contest.  Tories throughout the country, who will be responsible for his coronation, are turning a blind eye to his abject failings, lack of morals and continued lies because they think he can “win”.  Win at what I’m not quite sure; delivering Brexit, beating Corbyn, a return to the days that only toffs ruled?

I fucking despise the UK more now than I have at any time in my life.

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just watched the clip of Johnson avoiding the question about his character.  The audience reaction to the questions shows that these people don’t give a flying f*ck; they are probably of similar character as him.

He had 24 hours to think about how he was going to answer that question. He could have nipped in the bud by saying, okay, we had a bit of a tiff, but I bought her a bunch of flowers and it's all over and done with now. He didn't even have the gumption to do that, which means he'll continue to be pressed on that.

That aside, he didn't answer any other questions either - not a single modicum of detail as to how he will negotiate UK exiting the EU.

Absolutely pathetic performance but the thick Tory c***s still love him.