Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Why is a prospective PM being told to get off, crashing noises and the sound of things smashing an over-hyped nothing story?

Because it's taking attention away from the real damage he could do to the country, his lies about his record and will only rally the Tory faithfull behind him.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Because it's taking attention away from the real damage he could do to the country, his lies about his record and will only rally the Tory faithfull behind him.

No, it's something that might just put some doubts in some of his supporters, the MSM certainly ain't got enough balls to drag him over the coals, he virtually gets a free pass for all his shit by being allowed to ignore and plough on.

Just keep asking the same shit until he answers, if he doesn't his message will not be heard and he'll look like a fanny, unfortunately those at the top of these organisations are probably on his side.

Didn’t three separate people report Boris to the police? Regardless of what your thoughts are on giving the evidence to the Guardian (personally I don’t really see the problem given he’s a potential prime minister and lol at trusting the police on anything involving a powerful politician) the way the media have closed ranks to demonise someone concerned about possible domestic violence should be concerning.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I see that The Telegraph have decided to go on the attack against Johnston's 'left-wing neighbours'.... 😖

Fucking communists!  Being worried about someone’s safety, calling the police, there should be a law against it!!

Irrespective of the weekend's issue, Johnson is about to undergo scrutiny of a kind that he has never experienced.

As is Hunt, for that matter, the difference being that all Hunt has to do is keep his head down and plod along, something that Johnson is serially incapable of doing.

Everyone is banging on about how the membership will decide this contest; be under no illusions, the Tory Party is a ruthless and unsentimental machine par excellence, and I expect MP's and officials to now be prepared to torpedo Johnson for the next fall from grace. We may not have to wait long.

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Irrespective of the weekend's issue, Johnson is about to undergo scrutiny of a kind that he has never experienced.

As is Hunt, for that matter, the difference being that all Hunt has to do is keep his head down and plod along, something that Johnson is serially incapable of doing.

Everyone is banging on about how the membership will decide this contest; be under no illusions, the Tory Party is a ruthless and unsentimental machine par excellence, and I expect MP's and officials to now be prepared to torpedo Johnson for the next fall from grace. We may not have to wait long.

Largely agree with that, but they are equally capable of torpedoing Hunt as a response to what many see as a Guardian led, left wing coup against BJ.

I would also expect to see BJ giving a news conference very soon, with his partner, both laughing off the incident of last Friday night as petty and trivial and not worthy of further comment.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Making light of domestic abuse, which makes up a very large proportion of this countries recorded crimes of assault and murder is just as damaging to this country. Its not all about macro economics and money, it’s about the kind of country we become. Donald Trump has given the far right a breath of fresh air and Bannon has ensured that they have a direct line to the white house. Boris Johnson is every bit as bad and also linked to Bannon, its as important to highlight Trumps sexual harrassment, racism and sexism as it is to highlight Johnson’s domestic abuse, racism and incompetence. It should all form a bigger picture, saying its not important is wrong, because for the battered spouse in this country having an arsehole domestic abuser in high office is just as important an issue as having someone who shows contempt for the poor would have on the economically marginalised. The fact that Boris is both of these should be viewed as such and one shouldnt be seen as more important in identifying his unsuitability for office.
If Johnson’s incident had happened in Scotland he would absolutely have been charged for it.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If Johnson’s incident had happened in Scotland he would absolutely have been charged for it.

For what? All we know is he spilled wine on the sofa and his girlfriend went ballistic. On the basis of a fragmentary and selectively quoted recording.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For what? All we know is he spilled wine on the sofa and his girlfriend went ballistic. On the basis of a fragmentary and selectively quoted recording.

The polis up here just charge suspects with everything they can think of and worry about the facts later.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No objection to them calling the police, but I'd be a bit miffed if I was his girlfriend if my neighbours recorded me having an argument with my partner and flogged it to the press.

What, you mean long screaming meltdowns, crashing , banging, effing , blinding is all just normal.

If the girlfriend is 'miffed' about the neighbours, maybe she and the complete tube just deserve each other. Or maybe, just maybe, she's been told

to just shut up, because if she doesn't .. her job is ****ed.

Largely agree with that, but they are equally capable of torpedoing Hunt as a response to what many see as a Guardian led, left wing coup against BJ.
I would also expect to see BJ giving a news conference very soon, with his partner, both laughing off the incident of last Friday night as petty and trivial and not worthy of further comment.

This, plus pointing out that Hunt the c**t voted Remain...

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

What, you mean long screaming meltdowns, crashing , banging, effing , blinding is all just normal.

In my experience it hasn't been that unusual, I seem to attract absolute psychos. Nothing to do with me, I'm lovely.

9 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Labour should take that clip and put it in every single one of their campaign videos.

They'll still be too busy fighting each other though.

I did think that at the time but New Labour was implicit in much of the light touch regulation prior to  2010 ; Corbyn of course is on another wing and people might forget Broonie's part in it and give Jerry some credit. The other possibility is that Bojo will say that was just a casual comment like the one to the Belgian chap. The Lib Dems could not use it thanks to their Coalition period. 

7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

"Hello Boris.  It's Jeremy here.  No not that Jeremy.  .. and no not that Jeremy either.  What do you mean, you don't anyone else called Jeremy.  Thanks a lot.  Anyway - it's me.  Jeremy Kyle.  Anyway I am dead keen to get my show back on the air and I was thinking we could do each other a favour. Celebrity special and all that."