Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

30 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Worse than Jim White interviewing Laudrup.

Context.

LK: You talk very proudly about your record in the NHS but it was not quite as straightforward as you suggest. I mean the three biggest targets that really matter to people - on A&E, on cancer referral, and on 18 week hospital appointments - those targets under your tenure have not been met since 2015. That matters doesn't it?

JH: Well Laura when I arrived at the NHS I met a young dad, who lost his son a week old because of a mistake made by the NHS. Let me finish this story because it's very important, I want to answer your question. And as a result of that he had to write over 400 letters before the NHS told him what had gone wrong. Now the NHS does an amazing job, but I said I wanted to make the NHS safer. And by the end nearly 3m more patients were using good or outstanding hospitals.

LK: No one would question your commitment to the health service while you were there. But on those three big targets for example, people's experience of what they were getting got worse. Targets were missed. There are now tens of thousands of nursing shortages for example, there are problems in the creaking health service that come from the time when you were in charge.

JH: Let me address those. Every single disease category, whether cancer, stroke, heart attack, any other category, outcomes were better when I left the health service compared to when I arrived. The targets you talked about are because of the pressures of an aging population and the only way you can deal with that is by increasing the capacity of the NHS, and what I did as Health Secretary was one of the biggest ever increases in doctor and nurse training places and also that huge increase in funding which meant that the NHS is getting the capacity to deal with those pressures.

LK: And of course you know very well the other big part of that jigsaw is care for the elderly. Now you've admitted the government should have done more on social care, but what would you actually do as Prime Minister? Because this government of which you have been part has been talking about trying to fix social care for years and nothing has happened. We're still waiting for a green paper which is only the beginning of something. What would you do?

Roars of applause for Boris telling Tory punters in Bournemouth that he will deliver Brexit on October 31.

Yep, tell them what they want to hear Boris, not how you are going to do it.

Live on Sky News - if anyone enjoys watching the arse making an arse of himself.

Tories will fall into line behind BJ. No deal Brexit will be delivered. The shires will rejoice. The thick masses who voted for it will get what they deserve.

Unfortunately the sane of us who voted Remain will also get that too. 

Tories voting against a no deal Brexit in Parliament will be threatened with deselection and the political wilderness. That will bring them into line. The DUP will happily have a hard border as that lessens any likelihood of a united Ireland.

Our depressing future awaits.

Tories will fall into line behind BJ. No deal Brexit will be delivered. The shires will rejoice. The thick masses who voted for it will get what they deserve.
Tories voting against a no deal Brexit in Parliament will be threatened with deselection and the political wilderness. That will bring them into line. The DUP will happily have a hard border as that lessens any likelihood of a united Ireland.
f**k this depressing future. From the ashes will arise an independent Scotland and I for one will rejoice

44 minutes ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

The only good outcome will be that Fluffy will get his jotters and Blurt Davidson will be ostracised.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Roars of applause for Boris telling Tory punters in Bournemouth that he will deliver Brexit on October 31.

Yep, tell them what they want to hear Boris, not how you are going to do it.

Live on Sky News - if anyone enjoys watching the arse making an arse of himself.

The Tories' conference is in Manchester this year. They have not been to Bournemouth for well over a decade. 

The big cities (Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool) heavily subsidise the Tory and Labour Party conferences. They waste £ millions of council taxpayers' money which should be spent on better local services.

1 hour ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

...The DUP will happily have a hard border as that lessens any likelihood of a United Ireland...

When discussing the DUP I guess you have to bear in mind they have people in senior positions that genuinely believe the world is about 5000 years old because they've added up the ages of various biblical characters, but I'm not sure that last bit is really accurate to anyone looking at it rationally, so I think their support can't be taken for granted in that scenario, if Remainers give them a viable plan B.

40 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The Tories' conference is in Manchester this year. They have not been to Bournemouth for well over a decade. 

The big cities (Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool) heavily subsidise the Tory and Labour Party conferences. They waste £ millions of council taxpayers' money which should be spent on better local services.

Nestled in a sheltered bay on the South Coast of England in the picturesque county of Dorset, there is plenty of things to do in Bournemouth and seven miles of sandy beaches for you to enjoy. There’s so much to do in the resort or you can use the town as a base – stay and eat here while exploring the rest of Dorset’s history, heritage and picture-postcard scenery.

2 hours ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

All the polls that have taken place in NI suggest a hard border will make people more receptive to a united Ireland.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Nestled in a sheltered bay on the South Coast of England in the picturesque county of Dorset, there is plenty of things to do in Bournemouth and seven miles of sandy beaches for you to enjoy. There’s so much to do in the resort or you can use the town as a base – stay and eat here while exploring the rest of Dorset’s history, heritage and picture-postcard scenery.

WTF does that have to do with this year's Tory Conference? Are you pissed?

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

WTF does that have to do with this year's Tory Conference? Are you pissed?

What's this year's conference got to do with the hustings in Bournemouth today? Just going with the flow.

Edited by welshbairn