Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Johnson’s interview with Kuenssberg is an exercise in total dishonesty.

Every word he utters will be thrown back in his face.

Will the Tory membership still vote him in as PM ?

The rest of the world can very easily see he is clearly not the man for the job, and by far the worst of the two left standing.

Will the Tory membership still vote him in as PM ?
The rest of the world can very easily see he is clearly not the man for the job, and by far the worst of the two left standing.

Not that I’m a Tory party member, but I’d prefer Boris over Hunt.

Why?

Do you think, as I do, that Boris as PM would increase Scotland's chances of gaining independence?

No, I just despise him less than Hunt. Probably just to do with his public image. He’s the new mainly harmless posh buffoon. He’s replaced Prince Philip.

Plus, interviewers like Emily Maitlis (see interview last night) need to interview him less aggressively, otherwise I just feel sympathy for him, due to his harmless buffoon persona. To

me, she came across as bullying and no-one wants to be done for bullying these days. That’s an HR matter. Needs an investigation.

If he gets appointed and it helps us gain independence then all the better, but I can’t see it.

Obviously that was the case, but if her shout of, "get of me", suggesting physical contact, is on the tape then that puts a different slant on the incident. 
It really doesn't. She said everything's fine so its fine.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

No, I just despise him less than Hunt. Probably just to do with his public image. He’s the new mainly harmless posh buffoon. He’s replaced Prince Philip.

Plus, interviewers like Emily Maitlis (see interview last night) need to interview him less aggressively, otherwise I just feel sympathy for him, due to his harmless buffoon persona. To
me, she came across as bullying and no-one wants to be done for bullying these days. That’s an HR matter. Needs an investigation.

At least you're honest.

Given the distinct possibility of a GE in the not too distant future, would you vote for a Boris led Tory Govt?

If yes, do you think that many Scots (in Tory voting areas) would do likewise?

At least you're honest.

Given the distinct possibility of a GE in the not too distant future, would you vote for a Boris led Tory Govt?

If yes, do you think that many Scots (in Tory voting areas) would do likewise?

Would I vote Tory. No, I don’t think I would ever vote Tory.

At least Boris would give me a few laughs while he’s in charge. The rest of the Tory c***s who threw their hats in the ring - before getting the unwelcome surprise of seeing that nobody else thought they had any leadership potential - had no redeeming qualities.

I think Scottish Tories only care about being part of the glorious union, so it doesn’t matter who was in charge, they would still vote Tory.

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

The whole incident in his flat is really getting boring now. This will start to backfire on media

He's just given Nick Ferrari on LBC an interview and made a complete arse of himself on that subject. I get the distinct impression there's more to that tiff with his girlfriend than meets the eye, which is why he can't or won't comment on it.

Rightly or wrongly, the media certainly aren't going to drop this story in a hurry.

38 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Why?

Do you think, as I do, that Boris as PM would increase Scotland's chances of gaining independence?

Probably because Boris does bad things out of sheer stupidity. Where as Hunt knows exactly what he's doing.

Just heard the last 10 minutes of Emma Barnett on 5 Live totally and completely destroy a Hunt supporter on Brexit.

She is one of the most competent radio political journalists I have ever listened to.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Just heard the last 10 minutes of Emma Barnett on 5 Live totally and completely destroy a Hunt supporter on Brexit.

She is one of the most competent radio political journalists I have ever listened to.

But more importantly. Is she a wid?

42 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Plus, interviewers like Emily Maitlis (see interview last night) need to interview him less aggressively, otherwise I just feel sympathy for him, due to his harmless buffoon persona.

Did you mean Laura Kuenssberg? I thought he handled it ok, given his positions on Europe make no sense, his record as Foreign Secretary is indefensible, and he's wildly exaggerating the influence of his role as Mayor over what happened in London. She forced him to waffle a bit less than usual and his advisors will probably be crying with relief. A soft soap interview would have done him no favours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-48752002/boris-johnson-interview-in-full

Did you mean Laura Kuenssberg? I thought he handled it ok, given his positions on Europe make no sense, his record as Foreign Secretary is indefensible, and he's wildly exaggerating the influence of his role as Mayor over what happened in London. She forced him to waffle a bit less than usual and his advisors will probably be crying with relief. A soft soap interview would have done him no favours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-48752002/boris-johnson-interview-in-full

No. It was Emily Maitlis. Possibly on Newsnight last night?

I saw the Kuenssberg interview too. I’m beginning to doubt myself now.

May was (rightly) hounded out of office for being unable to deliver a Brexit deal that Parliament would support.

She will be replaced by a PM that will be unable to deliver a Brexit deal that Parliament will support.

The frightening thing is that it is so obvious that neither Hunt nor Johnson will be able to progress Brexit without a GE.  Even then there is no guarantee that there will be a Parliamentary majority.