Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
27 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:
John Major spoke on the Today show and came across as principled and critical of the future PM. Mind you he was lulling me into a false sense of respect as he started banging on about cricket.

John Major was as big a c**t as the rest. Lest we forget

Yep. He's a Tory. That's all you need to know really. 

Just seen this!

Please don’t tip United to win the Championship!

Hands up - it was early in the race - did not think at that point that Johnson would pick up votes from all sides of his party by basically lying through his teeth to them - Remainers and Leavers alike.

PS United should win the Championship so I am predicting they will win it.

[emoji48]

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

John Major spoke on the Today show and came across as principled and critical of the future PM. Mind you he was lulling me into a false sense of respect as he started banging Edwina Curry.

That was his one saving grace. Tory kh*nt.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That was his one saving grace. Tory kh*nt.

I knew an MP who said that in person Edwina Curry was a very attractive woman.  I was a bit surprised as I didn’t get that impression seeing her on TV,

How damaging is the response from Johnson & Trump to the Civil Service leak, on Johnson's chances? He had a pretty massive lead but I don't think that his response has gone down well with anyone - is it enough to make him lose though?

How damaging is the response from Johnson & Trump to the Civil Service leak, on Johnson's chances? He had a pretty massive lead but I don't think that his response has gone down well with anyone - is it enough to make him lose though?

Will barely make a dent. All Torys care about is brexit and a trade deal with the US...

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Of course there has, old style Scottish Tories were/are nowhere near the levels of the slugs that proliferate the benches of both parliaments today.

Er, what...... ?

Teddy Taylor ( my local MP when I lived just down the road from Hampden in 1973 ).

Wikipedia...          "..He was a controversial figure in his time in Scottish politics, sometimes known as "dial-a-quote",

or for his calls to bring back the birch  (which had been abolished in 1947).

Brian Wilson , journalist and later Labour  MP, wrote that calling him by a nice cuddly name like "Teddy"

was like calling the Hound of the Baskervilles  "Rover.'" .

Edited by beefybake

27 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Most of the votes were probably already posted before the debate or the leak, so likely not. Still hoping to see him end up in Fish and Ag though, or Governor to the Falklands.

8 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

John Major spoke on the Today show and came across as principled and critical of the future PM. Mind you he was lulling me into a false sense of respect as he started banging on about cricket.

I've never really forgiven Major for 'fessing up straight away..... "Yes, I did.... I was shagging Edwina..."

Completely ruined it for the media, and me.

I'd hoped for the denials, the long list of political supporters vouching for him, some more revelations,

the family photographs outside his home, seething wife with gritted teeth smile....

"Will now spend more time with my family, and many other interests..." etc.

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

Er, what...... ?

Teddy Taylor ( my local MP when I lived just down the road from Hampden in 1973 ).

Wikipedia...          "..He was a controversial figure in his time in Scottish politics, sometimes known as "dial-a-quote",

or for his calls to bring back the birch  (which had been abolished in 1947).

Brian Wilson , journalist and later Labour  MP, wrote that calling him by a nice cuddly name like "Teddy"

was like calling the Hound of the Baskervilles  "Rover.'" .

What Teddy Taylor was like has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Edited by ayrmad

11 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Despite the unpalatable Currie episode, Major is a giant compared to today's Tories. And to Blair. 

Major couldn't even gain the decisive backing of his own party and was utterly trounced by Blair in a direct contest. Just because he can now say whatever he wants after twenty years of irrelevance does not mean that he ever was or is a credible politician. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

What Teddy Taylor was like has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Back in your box.

Your comment was a piece of opinionated generalisation, about the past and also the present.

My response was specific, directed, and disagreed with yours. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Major couldn't even gain the decisive backing of his own party and was utterly trounced by Blair in a direct contest. Just because he can now say whatever he wants after twenty years of irrelevance does not mean that he ever was or is a credible politician. 

Still a giant compared to Johnson and Blair.