Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Just now, Mastermind said:

Didn’t see anything wrong with that at all. He’s done a great job reaching the group stages.

You know what, you're probably right, but the team they played tonight were absolute dross and his own team were terrible.  I don't suppose that matters though.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolute state of Stevie G there.  

No, you're right, reaching the group stages 2 years running after having to play 4 qualifying rounds definitely doesn't deserve a celebration. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

You know what, you're probably right, but the team they played tonight were absolute dross and his own team were terrible.  I don't suppose that matters though.

Not a jot. Like when Levein knocked his specs off in utter jubilation after the last ditch goal to beat Lichenstein at Hampden I guess.

Didn’t see anything wrong with that at all. He’s done a great job reaching the group stages.

From a purely footballing perspective, it’s hard to disagree with your sentiment.
The downside is that the followers of Racist Club de Govan get more opportunities to export their 17thC ‘kulchurr’ to Europe.
Ugh..........🤮

Guest Moomintroll
No, your right, reaching the group stages 2 years running after having to play 4 qualifying rounds definitely doesn't deserve a celebration. 
Here you, enough of your pish, get a Death Star superlaser gif up.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
No, your right, reaching the group stages 2 years running after having to play 4 qualifying rounds definitely doesn't deserve a celebration. 

Here you, enough of your pish, get a Death Star superlaser gif up.

Just for old times sakes....

source.gif

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
No, you're right, reaching the group stages 2 years running after having to play 4 qualifying rounds definitely doesn't deserve a celebration. 

Doing things for X amount of years running is an oddly Old Firm* thing to get excited about.

I think I'm correct in saying it hadn't been done until last season.  

Thought Rangers looked good enough on the night for the win. Legia throughout looked defensively organised and compact but didn’t threaten Rangers going forward enough.

The number 11 that came on look decent but the standout in the game was Katic. Don’t think he missed a header all game, aggressive in the challenge and showed great composure at times sweeping up round Goldson.

Watched on Rangers TV and I understand why the commentary is going to be fairly partisan but at times it did stray into being slightly silly. Tavernier wipes out a Legia player in the 1st half and Andy Little, bemused by the decision says “if Tavernier had of won the ball there, it wouldn’t have been a foul.”

[emoji848]

Fair play to Rangers though, good qualifying campaign and decent to have 2 Scottish teams in the group stages again.

7 minutes ago, CaleyJag157 said:

Thought Rangers looked good enough on the night for the win. Legia throughout looked defensively organised and compact but didn’t threaten Rangers going forward enough.

The number 11 that came on look decent but the standout in the game was Katic. Don’t think he missed a header all game, aggressive in the challenge and showed great composure at times sweeping up round Goldson.

Watched on Rangers TV and I understand why the commentary is going to be fairly partisan but at times it did stray into being slightly silly. Tavernier wipes out a Legia player in the 1st half and Andy Little, bemused by the decision says “if Tavernier had of won the ball there, it wouldn’t have been a foul.”

emoji848.png

Fair play to Rangers though, good qualifying campaign and decent to have 2 Scottish teams in the group stages again.

Good post.  Katic was immense tonight, closely followed by Ryan Jack.  You're right about RTV.  Tam Miller can be excellent but too often sounds like a fan with a microphone.  Andy Little is usually good value but does get a bit lost for words.

It'll be a quiet thread until UEFA ban us from the competition tomorrow.