Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Good result to take back to Ibrox.

Had to ride our luck a fair bit in that second half and we weren’t helped with Lundstram having a stinker. And the less said about the OG the better.

Still, I thought Fabio Silva was excellent throughout and we actually defended okay for most things. Getting doubled up on down our flanks is something we will need to watch for and Di Maria’s corners were giving me the fear.

Still though, tie is wide open and we’re in a lot better position that I was expecting before kick off.

Great result against a very good Benfica side. Regarding the pen, I thought the rule this week was that if you play the ball off your own hand then it isn't a handball?

Here's a novel idea. Dispose of "natural position" and all the rest of it and make the rule if it hits your hand then it's handball. It would do away with any dubiety. 

I'd have ripped your hand off for a draw before the game, but slightly disappointed not to have won. 

We are a very good Europa League side. 

Also I can’t find the post I saw earlier but I’m not having any slander against the Europa League theme song. Shits all over the CL song.

”WooaahWOOOAAAH” canny beat it.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Great result against a very good Benfica side. Regarding the pen, I thought the rule this week was that if you play the ball off your own hand then it isn't a handball?

Here's a novel idea. Dispose of "natural position" and all the rest of it and make the rule if it hits your hand then it's handball. It would do away with any dubiety. 

I'd have ripped your hand off for a draw before the game, but slightly disappointed not to have won. 

We are a very good Europa League side. 

You seem remarkably eloquent for a chap who started on the Don Revie at half three? 

Edited by alta-pete

Every team that we've ever played in Europe has been poor, a Scottish team has the chance to make the 1/4 finals of one of the euro cups and wee Bill just can't help himself.

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Every team that we've ever played in Europe has been poor, a Scottish team has the chance to make the 1/4 finals of one of the euro cups and wee Bill just can't help himself.

Aye, it's fairy predictable. We had headlines yesterday of "Benfica missing key man, manager held crisis meeting". Whenever we face a decent side, there is always a spin that they are somehow in turmoil.