Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

High stakes on Thursday as I believe winning the game and, thus, winning the group nets us £1.5M.
Not sure it necessarily makes it an easier draw for the Last 32 round as we could well face much better-fancied opponents whichever side of the draw we're in.
I expect us to field a strong team, though.
I persume Rangers top group if finish equal as they scored 3 goals in Lisbon but Benfica only scored 2 in Glasgow?

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
High stakes on Thursday as I believe winning the game and, thus, winning the group nets us £1.5M.
Not sure it necessarily makes it an easier draw for the Last 32 round as we could well face much better-fancied opponents whichever side of the draw we're in.

I persume Rangers top group if finish equal as they scored 3 goals in Lisbon but Benfica only scored 2 in Glasgow?

Yes. As long as we match Benfica's result we'll top the group.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Correct

Team is extremely difficult to predict tonight, but nevertheless, I have consulted the algorithms to predict what it shall be:

McLaughlin; Patterson, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic; Zungu, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Itten, Barker.

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Team is extremely difficult to predict tonight, but nevertheless, I have consulted the algorithms to predict what it shall be:

McLaughlin; Patterson, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic; Zungu, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Itten, Barker.

I'm two out, Arfield instead of Barker and Balogun instead of Bassey.

f**k sakes.

Edited by G51

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Looking forward to seeing young Nathan for 90 minutes.  He's a bloke who doesn't lack confidence.

Aye I'm excited to see him get a run out against a good team. We need players like him and Kennedy to come through for us.

Poznan have rested a few players, but Puchacz and Ishak are still playing, so a similar lineup strength to ourselves.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Aye I'm excited to see him get a run out against a good team. We need players like him and Kennedy to come through for us.

Poznan have rested a few players, but Puchacz and Ishak are still playing, so a similar lineup strength to ourselves.

I'm really looking forward to this.  Aye, a different team but we have a lot at stake plus we have the likes of Itten who has looked hungry.  I loved the way he outmuscled Donaldson on Sunday to set up the goal for Defoe.