Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

When was the last time a Scottish team scored 9 on aggregate in a knockout European tie?  i mean proper, not the qualifying rounds.

Didn't Rangers years ago score a truckload against some Cypriot team?  Seem to recall Chris Woods missing a penalty at about 9-0,  back in the early days of the Murray era.  I think Aberdeen once got double figures in the year the won the cup winners cup.

ETA Aberdeen beat Sion 11-1 on aggregate in '82

Rangers beat Valetta 18-0 on aggregate in '83

Edited by Left Back

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Tricky one considering their result last night and dominance of the Czech League but it could have been worse. 

Agreed. I don't think they've lost a match since early October and they dominated Leicester yesterday. But as @G51 noted, the way the draw was going, it could have been a lot worse. I think at one point halfway through, Spurs, ManU, AC Milan and Granada were all available, and Rangers missed all of them.

Edited by AmericanFan
more

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If Sevco don’t make at least the semis with that draw it will be a bigger embarrassment that’s Celtic blowing 10.

IMO.

A very Scottish attitude full of disrespect for any club that’s not from one of the ‘glamour’ leagues. Leicester showed them no respect either and that went well.

They are unbeaten domestically and a strong side.