Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

when they face actual quality.

3 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Aye, but wait till you face a competent and organised team. 

Good points from you two.  It really is unfair to pit a fancied Dutch team, unbeaten in the league this season, against us.  It provides us with no decent test.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Haven't your team not won a league game since March or something?

We're murder and have been for a while.  The point i was attempting to make was that Feyenoord were also murder and, as always, the fans of the new team playing out of govan go into untold raptures for any victory.  Just a view from afar.

ps   love the double negative - either intentional or not 😎 - altho' we both know . . . . . . .

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

We're murder and have been for a while.  The point i was attempting to make was that Feyenoord were also murder and, as always, the fans of the new team playing out of govan go into untold raptures for any victory.  Just a view from afar.

ps   love the double negative - either intentional or not 😎 - altho' we both know . . . . . . .

You're strange.

1 hour ago, LinkinFighter said:

This is set up for a Feynoord equaliser

Thought that myself, sweated buckets in the last ten minutes.

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Tbf the Colombian chimp boy has the Feyenoord back on toast .

2 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

The sectarian songbook getting a wee outing I see 

is FARE at the match ?

That moral high ground.....

Just now, bennett said:

Thought that myself, sweated buckets in the last ten minutes.

That moral high ground.....

Yep haha. Crying about a song that doesn't break any rules or guidelines then proceeds to make a blatantly racist comment because he's upset we're winning. Simultaneously hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

1 minute ago, ancientnoise said:

Very disappointing. I had a 2-0 on. Feyenoord are not a good side, especially by their standards, and as they proved tonight.

Expect a bit more from the others in the group.

I had Tavernier to score and Rangers to win FFS!

2 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Very disappointing. I had a 2-0 on. Feyenoord are not a good side, especially by their standards, and as they proved tonight.

Expect a bit more from the others in the group.

Ofcourse they're a good side, to say otherwise is pretty churlish. A great result for us and Scottish fitba.

2 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

This depends on what you mean by "good". Their fans disagree, especially after they finished a good 20 points or so from the top two last season. 

I'd go as far as saying they are, at present, the weakest team in the group. We shall see.

I'd agree they are the weakest team in the group, potentially excepting us the lowest seeded team, and expect runaway champions Young Boys to be a tougher proposition.

1 minute ago, ancientnoise said:

Glad you agree. Add to this that Porto will be smarting from their surprising CL exit and you can see that tougher fixtures lie ahead.

Porto winning is good for us. From our perspective them winning as many games against the other sides is what we need.

Do you not get 4 points for technical ability?
This what they are teaching at performance schools.
Give me a joe Jordan gumsy blood and snotters every day.
Modern fitba is shite.
Youd rather watch Joe Jordan than the likes of messi , hazard , salah or many other technically gifted footballers ? Fair enough but I'm guessing youd be in the minority there.

13 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Ah, the old "group-of-death" chat. Let the favourites run away with it and, well....

It's like Scotland's perennial approach to international groups, and looked what happens there.

It'll be tight of course, but the Young Boys look a decent outfit again and I wouldn't write them out of this.

Question, M77.  I know you love The Rangers, you pop up quite often, but why choose us?

There were two EL games tonight and the other match thread is bereft of folk with your insight.  Why is this?  Why can't you spread your love around?

8 minutes ago, Disco30 said:
2 hours ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

Do you not get 4 points for technical ability?
This what they are teaching at performance schools.
Give me a joe Jordan gumsy blood and snotters every day.
Modern fitba is shite.

Youd rather watch Joe Jordan than the likes of messi , hazard , salah or many other technically gifted footballers ? Fair enough but I'm guessing youd be in the minority there.

Remember Joe Jordan was successful in Seria A and scored in 3 World Cup final tournamts