Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

In what many will see as good news, Lundstram hasn't travelled with the squad for tomorrow's match. I'd expect to see Cifuentes in there again if he is sharp enough for two matches within 4 days.

I also wonder if Beale will be tempted to throw in Matondo after his pretty impressive cameo on Saturday. I expect that we will probably come under a bit of pressure so his inclusion may give us more width and a fast out ball option for counter attacks to get us up the pitch quickly.

17 hours ago, AJF said:

In what many will see as good news, Lundstram hasn't travelled with the squad for tomorrow's match. I'd expect to see Cifuentes in there again if he is sharp enough for two matches within 4 days.

I also wonder if Beale will be tempted to throw in Matondo after his pretty impressive cameo on Saturday. I expect that we will probably come under a bit of pressure so his inclusion may give us more width and a fast out ball option for counter attacks to get us up the pitch quickly.

I like Lundstram, he can be a good option if we are looking for someone to shield the back 4, but he can take all the momentum out of a move going forward sometimes. I think that with the players we have brought in we should be seeing him used less than he has been.  If someone was to attempt to take him before the window shut I don't imagine we would be too hard to deal with.

edit: This is on the assumption that Jack stays relatively injury free.  So probably another 40+ game season for big John then.....

Edited by KnightswoodBear

41 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I like Lundstram, he can be a good option if we are looking for someone to shield the back 4, but he can take all the momentum out of a move going forward sometimes. I think that with the players we have brought in we should be seeing him used less than he has been.  If someone was to attempt to take him before the window shut I don't imagine we would be too hard to deal with.

edit: This is on the assumption that Jack stays relatively injury free.  So probably another 40+ game season for big John then.....

Yeah I don’t disagree, he just seems to be a popular choice as the whipping boy right now.

I think squad depth is going to be important so I’d like to see him stay. Particularly if/when Kamara goes we will be a midfielder down.

19 hours ago, AJF said:

I didn't think Matondo was in our Euro squad currently but could be wrong. 

Looking forward to this one tonight, hoping we can build some momentum here even though I really can't see us getting past the next round either way. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yeah I don’t disagree, he just seems to be a popular choice as the whipping boy right now.

I think squad depth is going to be important so I’d like to see him stay. Particularly if/when Kamara goes we will be a midfielder down.

Kamara to Leeds? think I seen that reported? should get a bit of cash at least for a player who is clearly not in the plans

8 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I didn't think Matondo was in our Euro squad currently but could be wrong. 

Looking forward to this one tonight, hoping we can build some momentum here even though I really can't see us getting past the next round either way. 

Yeah I think you may be right. I knew Roofe was omitted but hadn’t seen Matondo wasn’t in it either.

Raskin and Cifuentes as the two with four from Danilo/Sima/Cantwell/Dessers and Lammers?

Could see Hagi being useful later on as well, he’s made for European games with that extra second of space and need for control on the ball. Dunno if he’s in the match day squad mind. 

Think we’ll be okay this evening but tbh I’d rather not qualify for the CL and get annihilated 6 games in a row…

Give us a run in the Europa or Conference League where we might actually get some enjoyment out of it….