Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sadly Hagi is in the ‘punt’ category for me I’m afraid.

His severe lack of pace hinders his game massively and that has likely only gotten worse following his injury.

He obviously has good technical ability but is also inconsistent. If we could recoup the fee we paid for him I’d take it.

He is slow, I can't believe his pace on FIFA was like 80+ 👀 I would take a few million for him easily. 

If it might give a slight tweak in the direction of what I'd regard as sanity, I'm an atheist, nationalist and republican. The GSTK mob don't speak (or sing) for me.

According to what I heard tonight, some colours are "fine" so apparently some folk will be happy about that.  Can't say it's ever bothered me in the least.  As far as I can recall, the only sashes I have ever paid any attention to were the ones worn by Miss World contestants, and even then it wasn't really the sashes I would have been concentrating on. More of an obstruction really.

As for the Onion Jack... nah. We have a couple of saltires in the house and even a Lion Rampant, which although I quite like it, and wouldn't mind it finding a role in an independent Scotland, it is the "Royal" banner so it doesn't come out much.

More importantly, in my view, is the simple fact that Rangers are qualifying for European competitions on the basis of being a Scottish club in Scottish competitions. There is no "British" input into Rangers qualification for these games. No "British League". No "British" coefficient involved. Accordingly, as far as European competitions AND domestic competitions are concerned anything "British" is entirely irrelevant and that includes the UK anthem and flag.

All IMO of course but given my outlook on life there's as much chance of me singing GSTK sporting a Union Jack as there is of me singing the Russian anthem wearing a tutu. (I don't speak Russian and I have the legs for it 🙂).

Happy to help.

The next tie will be a Hell of a challenge!

38 minutes ago, Jorg Albertz said:

Personally I'm proud to be British from ww2  and ww1. Any bigoted stuff isn't for me. I'm more proud to be Scottish. The over use of Union Jack and not the saltire is something I'd like to see change at Rangers. But as it's my local team and always has been I'll support them. 

Well, if we're going to play that game, personally I'm not proud to be British because of 'our' concentration camps in the South African (Boer) War or the sectarian partition of India.  So where does that get us?

I'm glad you're not sectarian btw, but being "British" has got the square root of eff all to do with supporting a Scottish club in European competition.

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, if we're going to play that game, personally I'm not proud to be British because of 'our' concentration camps in the South African (Boer) War or the sectarian partition of India.  So where does that get us?

I'm glad you're not sectarian btw, but being "British" has got the square root of eff all to do with supporting a Scottish club in European competition.

I note your post and give you due credit for sticking your head above the parapet'.

Cant imagine its going to endear you to 'the loyal' however.