Dundee United 2019/2020

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Scottish Premier League since 1977.

It's only been the Scottish Premier League since 1998. 

2 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Scottish Premier League since 1977.

My mistake.

And his. 

So, nobody else in. Aird was never going to play anyway but frans and sow going out leaves us a bit light for cover. Unless I'm forgetting someone do we not only have 3 centre halves plus butcher?

Would have expected Sow to stay too but suppose we have to balance shanklands goal bonus somehow.

10 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

United’s Twitter saying Sow’s loan is until January.

Good to hear.

I know most were happy to get rid, but just in case he starts performing again, it's good to have the option to bring him back if we need him in January.

It kinda leaves us light in the striking department though. If Appere gets injured or isn't playing well, do we stick Clark back in again? I don't think it's a coincidence that we've started playing better when Clark was taken out of the no.10 role he was so shite at!

I'm a bit heartened though, by Cammy Smith's last couple of small cameos there. Not sure if Neilson rates him though given his lack of game time.

By the by, there's still tonnes of players out there we can sign.

Off the top of my head (and not suggesting we would be in for any of them, but using as high-profile examples) guys like Dorrans, Morrison, McCormack and Hutton are without clubs.

Just now, ArabFC said:

By the by, there's still tonnes of players out there we can sign.

Off the top of my head (and not suggesting we would be in for any of them, but using as high-profile examples) guys like Dorrans, Morrison, McCormack and Hutton are without clubs.

Football goes metric!

9 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Good to hear.

I know most were happy to get rid, but just in case he starts performing again, it's good to have the option to bring him back if we need him in January.

It kinda leaves us light in the striking department though. If Appere gets injured or isn't playing well, do we stick Clark back in again? I don't think it's a coincidence that we've started playing better when Clark was taken out of the no.10 role he was so shite at!

I'm a bit heartened though, by Cammy Smith's last couple of small cameos there. Not sure if Neilson rates him though given his lack of game time.

I’d be quite happy to see Clark played up alongside Shankland rather than behind him.

Wouldn’t drop Appere to achieve this of course.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

How did Frans look when he played at this level?

Interesting he's being linked with top flight clubs. He was a decent player at Thistle.

He's being released before Connolly and Watson. Take a guess.

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

He's being released before Connolly and Watson. Take a guess.

12 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Frans was decent. Very unlucky and I think he is a better player than Watson and Connolly tbh. Conolly is just a brute who has zero footballing ability.

I tend to agree with stewarty, I’m not sure if there’s an issue with Frans but ability wise I’d put him ahead of Connolly and Watson.