Dundee United 2019/2020

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Based on what he offered pre-season I’d have Banks ahead of some others.  If he’s given a chance and it doesn’t come off then fair enough but he’s merited the chance IMO.

Even from the little I've seen of him, you can tell the kid has the ability to make it.

But there's no rush to play a 17yo, he'll get plenty of game time over the season I'm sure.

One thing I noticed while watching the highlights that impressed me about Shankland was his attitude.

Little things like when Dundee had the free-kick on the edge of the box. One of the Dundee players and Robson got into a wee rammie, and while a few players were do the billy-big-boy act, Shankland was screaming at them to ignore it and get organised in the wall etc.

Get him off the fcuking penos though - jeez!

Thomas O'Ware told to f**k off by Gary Caldwell. We should try and get him in.

Stuart Bannigan also told to leave aswell. Don't think we need another centre mid but could be a decent pick up as apart from Butcher and King we don't have that many defensive centre mids.

Edited by Accent-Unknown

Can't say I'd be rushing to sign anyone from that Partick Thistle team.

Broadfoot is obviously a total bellend but him and Reynolds would be a strong central defence for this division so I'd probably suck up my distaste for him if that rumour turned out to be true.

11 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Well we had Cammy Smith, Sow, Clark and Harkes available as forward-thinking options on the bench the other night. I'm sure Banks will get his chance if/when we have a couple of injuries.

I get what you are saying however I'd have thought he'd have made the bench at least. His confidence would be sky high and worth a shot surely? 

Is Sow even fit yet? 🤣

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I get what you are saying however I'd have thought he'd have made the bench at least. His confidence would be sky high and worth a shot surely? 

Is Sow even fit yet? 🤣

Yeah I think having Banks as an option would be good for him and the team.

I have no confidence in Sow based on what I’ve seen to date.  If Neilson wants to give him first team game time it must be where we’ve already down up a match.

12 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Clubfoot's pish and a c**t. No thanks.

This.

Slower than an oil tanker and far dirtier too. We've already got Connolly for that and hes nowhere near as much of a c**t as Broadfoot.

No to Frear either. Banks should get a chance before we bring in any more attacking midfielders imo. We also have Chalmers (is he actually a winger or a striker though?) and Glass will be back in January so the three young lads plus the previously mentioned Smith, Harkes, Clark and the other regulars of Stanton, McMullan and Pawlett should be enough to keep us ticking over in midfield. 

A centre half / cover for Butcher would be higher or my list. And a keeper.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have no confidence in Sow based on what I’ve seen to date.  If Neilson wants to give him first team game time it must be where we’ve already down up a match.

Then why not throw him on in the demolition derby?

Just now, Radford said:

What did the United fans make of Anthony Ralston when he was on loan please? 

I liked him a lot, without him and Mohsni we arguably wouldn't have made the play-offs that season. However, celtics fans don't rate him, neither does anyone that has watched him play for Scotland, so maybe we just had really low expectations because of how shite that season was...

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

He was very good. Fast, strong, confident. Overdid it in an attacking sense sometimes but overall he was very good. If we didn't already have Liam Smith then I'd be very pleased to have him back.

I think Sow will start on Saturday. If he doesn’t perform I think neilson will be seriously thinking about offloading him in Jan.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

He was excellent!!

If we’d had him last year, we might have pushed County a bit further IMO.

Guys , reminder if coming to Ayr game on 14th , it’s ticket entry only , available on Ayr United website , tickets sent via PDF to an email address and you can save on phone  or print off , advisable to buy online prior to coming to game as there is only 1 selling point at ground for Away fans and long queues could be expected , you can also call club shop and pay for them over the phone and collect in shop prior to game at pre  paid tickets point ( very quick and easy ) 01292-263435 ext 5 

I am not sure what to make about any possible move for Broadfoot.

I guess if it's a deal till the end of the season then I guess I would be ok with that, with Connolly apparently out 7-8 weeks and Frans maybe leaving.

A longer deal and  I would probably be less satisfied as I am sure there is better and younger options out there for the longer term.

This is one of the first signings in while I would say I am very unsure about.