Dundee United 2019/2020

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Piss poor attempt - to beg and to ask are significantly different.  You're surely not that dumb that you cannot understand that. 

I suppose I could ask what you mean by "significantly different" but fucked if I'm getting involved in an argument about semantics on derby day so let me just be as clear as I can, your club's a minter and your new stadium is never getting built.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If the Milan teams can manage to ground-share then surely anyone can.

It's just fucking arrogance by some fans (and that includes Dundee fans as well) who think they are "better" than that.

Also some who are slow of thinking clearly didn't read the article - it wasn't a statement or him even asking (or begging as on muppet has put it) - he was asked by the journalist if he would speak to Ogren about it.

I suspect that Often is far more open to the idea than the baldy snake ever was - personally I think it's an absolute no brainer in the long run. It makes a more economic sense having a new stadium with attached facilities than trying to maintain and upgrade either Dens or Tannadice.

I reckon you’ve more chance of going into administration for the third time than you have of building a new stadium.

32 minutes ago, coppola said:

I suppose I could ask what you mean by "significantly different" but fucked if I'm getting involved in an argument about semantics on derby day so let me just be as clear as I can, your club's a minter and your new stadium is never getting built.

No need for me to define as you have that super duper dictionary you mentioned earlier.  

P.S. It should really be proposed new stadium, surely?  Cannot really be a new stadium if it's not getting built.

Anyhow, enjoy the game!  

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m happy for us both to put the money up front.  I’m sure there was a mod on here that facilitated a net like that recently.

Betting with an old man I've never met on a football forum isn't my thing.  

P.S. A bit early for the wine isn't it?  

Edited by hk blues

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I won’t bet on this as I don’t think our new stadium will be ready for then (if it’s built at all).

FTFY.  You’re not the first Funster on here to make a statement but be unwilling to put your money where your mouth is.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If the Milan teams can manage to ground-share then surely anyone can.

It's just fucking arrogance by some fans...

Note how folk are reduced to Milan now?

Because Juventus were fed up sharing a stadium with Torino, Sampdoria are parting ways with Genoa, and Roma have decided they don't need Lazio anymore.

For the vast majority of clubs in world football, their stadium is a huge part of the club itself. It's not arrogant to want to have your own home.

Dundee are welcome to their new lego stadium, if they ever manage to find the money to fund it, but don't expect United fans to want to have anything to do with it.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Note how folk are reduced to Milan now?

Because Juventus were fed up sharing a stadium with Torino, Sampdoria are parting ways with Genoa, and Roma have decided they don't need Lazio anymore.

For the vast majority of clubs in world football, their stadium is a huge part of the club itself. It's not arrogant to want to have your own home.

Dundee are welcome to their new lego stadium, if they ever manage to find the money to fund it, but don't expect United fans to want to have anything to do with it.

Also, they use the Milan clubs as an example but even those two clubs are considering new seperate stadiums.

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

No need for me to define as you have that super duper dictionary you mentioned earlier.  

P.S. It should really be proposed new stadium, surely?  Cannot really be a new stadium if it's not getting built.

Anyhow, enjoy the game!  

I did ta

An incredible start to the season.  12 points from four tough games, significant goal difference and an absolute sell-out for the first derby in a few years.

We’ve also come from behind to win away from home.

I’m still concerned about our cover in a couple of areas but I’m sure the other teams in the league have similar concerns.

We will drop points at some stage, and the next game away to Ayr will be tough, but there seems to be a bit more belief and determination in the squad.

Great result last night.

Must say though , Robbie faces a wee dilemma after the last two matches - what to do with Butcher / Connolly / Harkes.

A good problem to have no doubt, but we've definitely looked a better side with Harkes in the middle, and Butcher at CH (or maybe just having Connolly out the side all together).

Great result last night.
Must say though , Robbie faces a wee dilemma after the last two matches - what to do with Butcher / Connolly / Harkes.
A good problem to have no doubt, but we've definitely looked a better side with Harkes in the middle, and Butcher at CH (or maybe just having Connolly out the side all together).

Against ‘lesser’ teams and in games we should dominate then I would stick with Harkes and Stanton in the middle. There’s a time and a place for Connolly at the back and Butcher in midfield but there will be games we need a central defender who can carry the ball (Butcher) and a midfielder who can drive forward (Harkes).