Dundee United 2019/2020

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

An incredible start to the season.  12 points from four tough games

This is the thing, everyone was worried about the tough start we had - if we can beat Ayr (a) next, then the 3 fixtures after that give us a golden chance to basically rip the league apart... Arbroath (h), Morton (h), Alloa (a)

The goal difference thing is a big bonus. It is the first time since we have been in the Championship that we have points in the bag to lead the race from early on and a positive goal difference is something we've also not really had before. It is a different type of pressure this year, the challenge is to now maintain the standards for as long as possible. We will have bumps and periods of patchy form but as ArabFC mentioned earlier we have a run of games that could return a points tally that would see us be top and possibly by a reasonably comfortable margin by the end of October.

Edit - And If Partick beat Ayr today that would leave us five clear with everyone having played four games.

Our next game against Arbroath in the Tunnocks should be an opportunity for rotation but Neilson mentioned post-match he doesn't want too many changes. I still think we will see Deniz, Watson, Sporle, King, Clark, Sow, Cammy Smith and others get a game. It is nice headache for Neilson to have and it shows we have decent depth.

The window shuts on Monday, I wonder if we might see one more arrive? We should still be trying to get Aird out the door but beyond that I am not desperate for anyone to leave (although I still think Frans might be on his last legs). 

Edited by stumigoo

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hahaha aye 🤣🤣🤣

Feeling it today and still drinking. I'm going to be a broken man come tomorrow. 

There’s a cure for being a broken man.

Spoiler

No cure for being a ginger though!

Tough ask to see anyone stopping United from winning the league even at this early stage.

I was pretty annoyed when Shankland signed for youse, mainly because it was fairly obvious that with the quality around him he would bag in the goals (amazed by the amount of people saying he’d struggle to get 15-20). Would a Scotland call up be too outlandish with our lack of quality in that position? Maybe too early but I wouldn’t have been surprised if he had of made the squad.

Impressed with United’s transfer policy this season, rather than the scatter gun approach of previous windows it’s seems Neilson has trusted what he already had and just added a few bits of quality to it.

Any United fans worried that maybe Hearts would come back in for Neilson if Levein gets the boot?