Dundee United 2019/2020

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

It’s not great but Twinkle’s original post was highlighting that he had rarely seen us lose, which is largely true (in the recent past) despite the points tally.

Fair enough, but if he’s attended all the matches in said time period he’s seen us lose five times more often than he’s seen us win.

I've sat here and thought on what to say about that day and that team and I truly cant think of anything other than -

Thank you Craig Levein for putting most of that team together and thank you Peter Houston for taking the shackles off after Craig left to sook the SFA boaby.

That was one of the best days of my life and I loved watching that team.

Except Andis Shala.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Sitting watching the game as 'live' on our youtube channel. One of the best days of my life. Words cant describe it

Fans of clubs such as United will savour moments like these far more than entitled fans of bigger clubs.

I was sitting/standing at the end furthest away to all of our goals in Hampden that day, but it didn't matter one bit. The celebrations were fantastic.

I will never tire of rewatching Conway's 1st goal hit the net as he runs off, arms flapping. After the disappointment of the 2008 League cup final, Conway's 1st was beyond a relief. I really just wish I'd appreciated that team more at the time.

This was also the 1st final I attended that wasn't against one of the old firm. The lack of hostility before, during and after the game as a result was refreshing.

Edited by captainkev

11 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I've sat here and thought on what to say about that day and that team and I truly cant think of anything other than -

Thank you Craig Levein for putting most of that team together and thank you Peter Houston for taking the shackles off after Craig left to sook the SFA boaby.

That was one of the best days of my life and I loved watching that team.

Forever a legend for unearthing the Gomis-Buaben midfield partnership. He made a few other decent signings too.

8 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Would u take Danny Swanson back for a season, getting released from st j???? 

I want to say yes but we've had so many players return and be doag shite. 

Butchers been good since returning though, so on that basis alone I'm saying yes theres literally zero chance of anything going wrong with signing Swanson. None. 

In al seriousness he would be good as a no 10 in the 4231 RN deploys. 

How has he gone down at the Fermers?

17 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

How has he gone down at the Fermers?

Played about 3 games in total all season and regularly never even made the bench. I think it's safe to say he's finished at the level you're going to. 

6 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Forever a legend for unearthing the Gomis-Buaben midfield partnership. He made a few other decent signings too.

Wilkie, Webster, Dixon, Daly, Weaver, Pernis, Swanson, Robertson...there were fucking loads of great signings. But for every good one there was a Warren Feeney or Roy O'donovan. <Shudders>