Dundee United 2019/2020

FFS, here we go again. If I had a penny for every time a Dee predicted the imminent financial collapse of United I'd be able to cover Shankland's ten grand a week wages out of my own pocket. Can we maybe shelve this bollocks until it actually happens. 
I didn't say anything about a financial collapse. I simply stated that the numbers don't add up and debt keeps appearing on your balance sheet so there's a risk without knowing what the terms of those liabilities are and it mirrors the situation Dundee got involved with the stadium.

I know you don't actually run the club but your supporters societies all seem pretty weak in questioning any of that. I'd be pretty raging if multiple debts appeared on Dundee's balance sheet this season and nothing was said about it.

36 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

FFS, here we go again. If I had a penny for every time a Dee predicted the imminent financial collapse of United I'd be able to cover Shankland's ten grand a week wages out of my own pocket. Can we maybe shelve this bollocks until it actually happens. 

Stick to the lawyering stuff, don't think maths is your strong point. 😉

The Shankland figures (if correct) along with some of the other "rumours" are quite frankly frightening amounts of cash to be throwing around at this level.

In fact this level of financial stupidity hasn't been seen since the club formerly known as Rangers were paying £8k per week to some dumplings in the 3rd division !!!

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Stick to the lawyering stuff, don't think maths is your strong point. 😉

I stopped counting after the first 156 million predictions.

Edit: I'll be able to throw in a private helicopter to take him to the HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTRE AT ST ANDREWS if we include the Ayr fans.

Edited by Pull My Strings

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Which suggests that Clark will be on the way out. Out of the three (Sow, May and Clark) I'd rather keep Clark. I think he's been under utilised by Neilson and would be a good foil for Shankland. May probably has the potential to come good but that seems like an unnecessary distraction when you've already got a guy at the club who can be relied upon to make a decent contribution without causing a fuss. If we were to start the season with Shankland, May and Sow then you're looking at integrating three new strikers all at once (granted Sow has been at the club for six months but I don't think anyone would argue that he's anywhere near settled into the team yet).

Clark has the benefit of being easy to shift, I suspect, on the basis that he's a proven player at this level and will be on a modest wage. Which is exactly why I'd rather we kept him.

Don’t fall for the whole clark thing mate. Doesn’t matter where you play him, he is no better than you’ve seen so far. 

I was like a dug wi twa boabies when we signed him but he turned out to be a major disappointment. I think he is a lazy player. 

5 minutes ago, P475 said:

Don’t fall for the whole clark thing mate. Doesn’t matter where you play him, he is no better than you’ve seen so far. 

I was like a dug wi twa boabies when we signed him but he turned out to be a major disappointment. I think he is a lazy player. 

I'm fine with what I've seen so far. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm fine with what I've seen so far. Thanks. 

Fair enough. I hope your board feels the same as you too, gives the rest of a chance against you. 

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I didn't say anything about a financial collapse. 

Neither of us did. Terrific to see that anybody outwit the clubh questioning what's going on is met with abuse and hostility though. 

Much like the time they all celebraeted being "debt free" then chased the man out the club for selling the Crown jewels to repay the folk owed money for paying off their  bank debt. 

Edited by Dele

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Is the deficit being fully covered without any liabilities appearing on the balance sheet? That's the key question and it's what has protected Dundee in previous seasons despite not operating very well with the owners not actually having the capability of having the club taking on loans. There's a lot of vague mentions of 'loan finance' in the United accounts that seems to magically go down at points despite huge operating losses - there's definitely been some odd trading in the background.

I don't think United will go into admin as usually, that hurts the people running the club but I would be worried about the assets being removed by stealth - as has already happened with Gussie (and talk of that being traded back?). Admin is bad but if you lose ownership of the ground, that's something that can genuinely haunt the club for years - Dundee losing Dens really fucks the balance sheet and even moving to a new ground doesn't return any of that security.

To start with, IF we are paying that then I'll be super pissed off as I don't believe anyone should be paying that in Championship. Will be interesting to see the wage figures in the accounts.

Your other points, we may have been making an operating loss but we still had money left over, plus the wage bill had made significant drops in last three years.

Yes we had soft loans. Some of these were for short term reasons and the club cleared them. The others the Ogrens have cleared them.

None of the club is being "sold off" nor are any assets being removed by stealth. Gussie Park was sold to Mike Martin for funds into the club, and was always with the intention of being transferred back to the club for the same money. Mark Ogren, at the Q&A confirmed that would be the case and the agreement was in place, but there was no rush to do so at the moment as there was no danger to it and the moneys from it are going to the club. He also stated the accounts next released might not look to good due to some of the restructuring going on and the Tannadice "maintenance" & sports bar, but advised us that this would not be the case from the following years onwards (obviously no time machine so cannot confirm this). So far things are looking OK. And will have to see what the investment brings in in respect of new revenue.

Having said all that anyone one thinking of paying the wages being banded about for Vidal Baboon from the Sheep should be committed. IMHO

8 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

To start with, IF we are paying that then I'll be super pissed off as I don't believe anyone should be paying that in Championship. Will be interesting to see the wage figures in the accounts.

Your other points, we may have been making an operating loss but we still had money left over, plus the wage bill had made significant drops in last three years.

Yes we had soft loans. Some of these were for short term reasons and the club cleared them. The others the Ogrens have cleared them.

None of the club is being "sold off" nor are any assets being removed by stealth. Gussie Park was sold to Mike Martin for funds into the club, and was always with the intention of being transferred back to the club for the same money. Mark Ogren, at the Q&A confirmed that would be the case and the agreement was in place, but there was no rush to do so at the moment as there was no danger to it and the moneys from it are going to the club. He also stated the accounts next released might not look to good due to some of the restructuring going on and the Tannadice "maintenance" & sports bar, but advised us that this would not be the case from the following years onwards (obviously no time machine so cannot confirm this). So far things are looking OK. And will have to see what the investment brings in in respect of new revenue.

Having said all that anyone one thinking of paying the wages being banded about for Vidal Baboon from the Sheep should be committed. IMHO

Fair do, I was not aware that the loans have actually been cleared from those not in Ogren's name.

I think the Gussie thing is fair enough for you guys and you need to have good faith to some extent but I'm very sceptical that Ogren is personally going to just hand over £1 million of his own money to gift the facility back to United. I wouldn't be surprised if he did buy it but I would explain it to be like a kind of Dark Blue Holdings type scenario. That's not a bad thing from the situation you are in but there's been a lot of damage done if there's no way to get that asset back into the club long-term.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, NEFarab said:
He’s not really a 15 goal a season striker is he. Remove his pens he got about 6 last season. Utilised properly or not that’s still pretty poor. There’s a reason he’s never had a crack at the top flight.

Why are you removing penalties? He still has to score it.....

The playoff final showed we don't give a f**k about scoring penalties.