League Cup Group F

Reid

In a game where no one stood out, Lyon did well. Almost every time he had the ball he did something positive, that's what I'd class as a good performance.
I don't think we got the ball to him enough, and he even won a couple of headers when I thought he had no chance going up for them.
I accept that looked okay in the first half and that he did win a couple of headers. He does TRY to be positive.

However, how many crosses did he put in? How many times did he cause problems at the edge of their box? How many dangerous passes did he play?

He's an offensive midfielder but other than a wee flick here and there, he has little impact.

He wasn't the worst today but like some others in the team he should have been let go in the close season.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

You’d have thought QP won the league cup the way they were celebrating at the end, tinpot stuff 

I thought that was what you were supposed to do when you beat a big club who believe their natural status should be in a league higher than the one they presently occupy, unless you are suggesting that it's tinpot stuff to over-celebrate when you beat a diddy outfit. Fair point. On behalf of the team I apologise, although in their defence most of them are new signings who have yet to learn that QP beating Clyde has been the natural order of things for decades now.

Edited by The Spider

Personally i couldn't give a flying you know what for this competition, i do believe it is an excellent way to prepare for the season ahead. It is competitive and much much better than playing half hearted meaningless friendlies at this time of the year and it  is without doubt the best way to find out where our weaknesses and strengths lie.  Our lack of a LB and a dominant CB has been very evident and is a priority that needs addressed now and not taking the chance on what we already have , better finding that out now than a few weeks into the season and not much time to rectify the weakness.
Howie is a young guy who i believe will get better under DL and AM and  it is a huge jump from LL to L1  and he needs time to learn.  McNiff done a fine job last season on the left in L2 but he is a CB and should only be used as a CB at this higher level. 
Hopefully the rumours are true and DL has new players lined up already, which i imagine he will have.

so we can ingore prize money abd can let the manager f**k about in the league cup while on the website on a weekly basis asking us to dig into our pockets again and again.

well I dont give a flying about giving them one more penny budget wasted and apart from cuddhy we dont have a fullback in the squad As others have said pissed off with this the league cup doesnt matter well if thats the case let us in for nothing.

so no excuses for saturday then thats us up to speed ?

As others have said pissed off with this the league cup doesnt matter well if thats the case let us in for nothing.

Looking at the number of complimentary tickets that I've seen being handed over at the turnstiles for these games, it looks like (too) many were getting in for nothing.

Looking at the number of complimentary tickets that I've seen being handed over at the turnstiles for these games, it looks like (too) many were getting in for nothing.

surely not we only give a max of two to each player[emoji23]

last week at airdrie game was picking my season ticket up guy came in and got 4 yes 4 and they want us to sponsor matches matchballs [emoji23] for 300 quid

second half abysmal thought queens park desreved a draw if for nothing else sheer effort , for a team thrown together thought they knocked the ball about well at times , we should have saw the game out but credit QP didnt give up , big centre foward looks a handful and good on the ball , they should have a good season

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Please tell me I’m not the only one that tried to go to this one on a whim but turned up at Hampden...?

Unlucky M8. The only thing that would have made it funnier for the rest of us though would have been if you (still?) lived in Aberden 🙄

Think it’s fair to say that a draw was a fair result overall. First half was a non event and I’m still not sure whether Clyde’s goal was a smart finish or just poor judgement of where the ball would go from Muir. Improved considerably 2nd Half and the subs made a massive difference, in particular Salim and Martin. Joffrey had a great debut and personally I would of gave him man of the match. Plenty of positives going into the league season and based on what I’ve seen, there’s no reason why we can’t secure or challenge for a play off spot or more 

Unlucky M8. The only thing that would have made it funnier for the rest of us though would have been if you (still?) lived in Aberden [emoji849]

Hahaha nah I stay in Glasgow these days. Nice pint in Clockwork to watch the Dundee v Caley game so my trip wasn’t wasted. I’ll be back at Hampden at some point this season to make up for it.

They don't like it up them, Captain Mannering!

Weird that Roberts claimed that this game means nothing and yet has instructed his players to try and kick Clyde's off the park at every opportunity, here. What a gang Queen's Park are.