League Cup Group F

Reid

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Why would he express remorse for something of which he believes he is innocent?

Should never have went to civil court, it’s a disgrace to label someone a rapist without having to worry about evidence and just going on balance of probability.

^beast IMO

Assume, like us, Clyde just want tomorrow over with, with no injuries? Some comedy and a win would be nice, but it's ultimately a knockabout. 
is there not money per point I thought it was something like a grand a point ?
anyway we cant afford not to go for prize money as all we get is emails asking us for money ad nauseam

48 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

for a group of fans who couldnt care less about the clyde the thistle fans sure do post a lot about their non rivals emoji23.png

I'm sure I've seen that script before somewhere. Oh yes, i remember now. All the Clyde fans on the QP thread last year going to great lengths to highlight how irrelevant we are to you. You read them, so stop being a hypocrite and make up your own ripostes in future.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Assume, like us, Clyde just want tomorrow over with, with no injuries? Some comedy and a win would be nice, but it's ultimately a knockabout. 

Yip, agree with that. Game is meaningless so hopefully won’t see any heavy challenges from either side. Not been a good ‘pre league’ for us. Between friendly games and the League Cup games, we’ve conceded 3 goals in every game we’ve played against a senior team so I’m hoping that we restrict you to 2 tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Given how dreadful we have been in this group stage I think we need a win ahead of next week. Need to be flying into the East Fife game given we have Raith, Airdrie, Falkirk and Forfar as our next four, with three of those away.

The extra couple of grand would be helpful; we need to win by two clear goals though which is more than the others have managed v QP.

5 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Why would he express remorse for something of which he believes he is innocent?

Should never have went to civil court, it’s a disgrace to label someone a rapist without having to worry about evidence and just going on balance of probability.

Jesus Christ I have read some absurd stuff on here but this take on the Scottish (and indeed basically any Western democracy) legal system is by far the stupidest thing I've ever read on P&B. Congratulations I guess.

My purchase of a season ticket for the year ahead hinges on tomorrow's game, really. Failure to beat Queen's Park now that natural order has been restored is a sure-fire sign that we are in for a wretched campaign.

As for the game itself, I am fairly sure that we will win comfortably; probably 4-0. Mark Roberts was sitting behind me at Clyde vs Airdrie and continually spoke to his little minion about "hurting Clyde in the half-spaces" with absolutely no depth of analysis beyond that. With such a level of tactical acumen at their disposal, QP's season could be a particularly hilarious one.

ETA: QP fans, how's Nicky Jamieson doing? I posted on your thread as news of his signing came out in May, I believe, with him being a member of my extended family. He thinks he's done pretty well thus far, but I will be taking that assessment with a pinch of salt until I hear a more impartial comment.

Edited by the_bully_wee

28 minutes ago, David W said:

Given how dreadful we have been in this group stage I think we need a win ahead of next week. Need to be flying into the East Fife game given we have Raith, Airdrie, Falkirk and Forfar as our next four, with three of those away.

The extra couple of grand would be helpful; we need to win by two clear goals though which is more than the others have managed v QP.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes tomorrow. Mark Roberts called it "a game we could probably do without." Already a couple of injuries picked up. 

37 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Mark Roberts was sitting behind me at Clyde vs Airdrie and continually spoke to his little minion about "hurting Clyde in the half-spaces" with absolutely no depth of analysis beyond that.

Now there's a co-incidence. Mark Roberts told us he'd been at that game and noticed that every time he spoke the guy in front of him kept writing in what looked like a trainspotting diary, so he told us that thereafter he raised his voice at certain points in the hope that the "gullable cretin" would feed false info back to Danny Lennon. Hope you didn't let us down.

Yip, agree with that. Game is meaningless so hopefully won’t see any heavy challenges from either side. Not been a good ‘pre league’ for us. Between friendly games and the League Cup games, we’ve conceded 3 goals in every game we’ve played against a senior team so I’m hoping that we restrict you to 2 tomorrow. 
meaningless ? so the prize money ( 2k I believe ) is irrelevant ,no point in even thinking of going tommorow [emoji106]

I'm sure I've seen that script before somewhere. Oh yes, i remember now. All the Clyde fans on the QP thread last year going to great lengths to highlight how irrelevant we are to you. You read them, so stop being a hypocrite and make up your own ripostes in future.
always nice to get the amatuer perspective on professional football

Jesus Christ I have read some absurd stuff on here but this take on the Scottish (and indeed basically any Western democracy) legal system is by far the stupidest thing I've ever read on P&B. Congratulations I guess.

Not sure what’s stupid about suggesting serious crimes should be tried in a criminal court rather than a civil court. If there is not enough evidence for a proper criminal conviction then it’s improper to make a judgment based on probabilities IMO.

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Not sure what’s stupid about suggesting serious crimes should be tried in a criminal court rather than a civil court. If there is not enough evidence for a proper criminal conviction then it’s improper to make a judgment based on probabilities IMO.

Why is it improper? Civil courts are an integral part of the Scottish legal system.  You literally don’t know what you’re talking about here. 

4 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

You’re wasting your time here. He’s either fully aware of this and trolling for kicks, or thick as shit and not worth the effort (probably latter).

If individuals wish to take Judge Judy’s guesstimate or gutter press speculation both as gospel and their sole form of research on the matter, then that is their choice. It’s simply too painfully tedious explaining how laughable and dangerous this is.

Judge Judy? Or, a vastly experienced and respected judge at the Court of Session. Goodwillie and Robertson’s subsequent appeals were also rejected by two senior judges. 

They went through a serious, rigorous and entirely credible legal process and were judged to be rapists. To dismiss the legal process they went through is Trump-esque.

To criticise Clyde fans for singing the guy’s name (with glee, judging from Wednesday’s game) isn’t to score petty points. It’s to be a normal, moral person who doesn’t think rapists should be employed - never mind celebrated - by (admittedly small) football clubs. 

8 hours ago, cfcuk said:

meaningless ? so the prize money ( 2k I believe ) is irrelevant ,no point in even thinking of going tommorow emoji106.png

£2k is feck all compared with the potential impact of one of our players getting injured. Just want this game out of the way and look forward to the league next week. 

Just now, You Only Live Twice said:

I really shouldn’t engage as you clearly have an IQ to rival your shoe size, but what I will say is this;

It’s most reassuring to know that if I get absolutely tanked this evening, jump behind the wheel and mow down a school child, you’ll think better of me than if a third party assumed I’d slept with someone inappropriately.

Please feel free to embarrass yourself by continuing to hurl abuse, if it helps soothe your small-dick syndrome.

If you think an individual should “express remorse” at something that they believe they did not commit (and have actively denied and appealed ever since) simply to satisfy the agenda of an alarming majority of simpletons, then that is monumentally bewildering.

It is greatly amusing to hear you all getting your frillies in knots over the Lambie nonsense, yet at the same time conceding that Thistle legend Danny Lennon is quite happy employing and tutoring a guilty as sin rapist.

Whit. A. Chump.

“Slept with someone inappropriately”? I think the term you’re looking for is “raping someone”, you absolute rape apologist.

I said rape “isn’t drink driving”. Drink driving and causing death by drink driving are two separate things (although rape is a more serious offence, according to sentencing guidelines). 

I think that once someone has been found to be a rapist by a robust and credible legal process and has had their appeal rejected by another similarly robust legal process then remorse - or even a hint of reflection - would be an appropriate response, yes. 

And yes, I think much less of Lennon for employing a rapist. Whether he’s a Thistle legend or not makes no difference. Clearly unlike you, my footballing affiliation makes no difference when it comes to issues like whether or not to sing with glee the name of a rapist. 

2 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Which ever way you attempt to spin it, it’s two voices who claim they didn’t against one who claims they did, and we all know which way society automatically jumps. I’m not for a minute pretending that’s the limit of my knowledge, but I’d place serious money it is yours.

Do you mind if I ask a person such as yourself how shouting utter obscenities in the presence of families at an individual who as much as it would devastate you could potentially be innocent, is normal or moral?

Whooooooooooosh!

You’re right. Society automatically jumps to the fact that the men are innocent, given the criminally low conviction rate for rape. Which is why the victim had to take her case to a civil court to get any sort of justice. 

Edited by VladimirMooc