Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - 2019 Champions League Final.

21 minutes ago, Dele said:

Out of interest, why would it be "good for Scottish football" is Andy Robertson lifts the Champions League trophy? 

I think it's fairly obvious that seeing players come from the Scottish Lower Leagues and win the Champions League in a matter of years is a good advert for our game in terms of the potential to be found.

It's also an inspiration for the Scotland side who he captains and young players who can see what's possible if they work hard

Pretty straightforward stuff

42 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Correct. I just wanted to put spurs history up.
Is this an issue ?

Yes because in that case it was a complete non-sequitur out of keeping with the spirit of a discussion thread.

Hopefully the mods are deciding what action they should take over this disruptive behaviour.

14 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I think it's fairly obvious that seeing players come from the Scottish Lower Leagues and win the Champions League in a matter of years is a good advert for our game in terms of the potential to be found.

It's also an inspiration for the Scotland side who he captains and young players who can see what's possible if they work hard

Pretty straightforward stuff

What a load of mewling pish. 

Edited by Dele

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

What a load of mewling pish. 

Paul Lambert wins European Cup in 97, Scotland in World Cup in 98. You do the math(s).

He inspired youngsters like Tom Boyd and Colin Hendry to glory.

Just hoping for a good match. Both teams can play football that's attractive on the eye but both have shat the bed when it comes to actually lifting silverware.

Both clubs had amazing turnarounds in the semi-finals but I have a nagging doubt this could be a stalemate going into extra-time or even penalties.

I guess the main thing is that pissed up Scouse yobs don't attack opposition and neutral fans causing crushes resulting in multiple deaths and horrific injuries...

1 - 0 Spurs a.e.t. (Son)

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

Paul Lambert wins European Cup in 97, Scotland in World Cup in 98. You do the math(s).

Brought back memories of St Ettiene.

Cheers, in tears now!

6 minutes ago, The OP said:

Theres been scouts from all over the globe at Stenny, Clyde and Peterhead games since last season. 

Just now, sjc said:

Just wait until the "OF" Colts get in.......

I was only joking SJC. It only matters when he gets his hands on the trophy. That's when the whole world sits up and takes notice of Scottish football.