Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - 2019 Champions League Final.

10 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I don't know how many teams I've seen chance a half fit star player in a cup final, and I can't think of a time when it's ever worked. 

There's almost no way that the final could have lived up to the drama of the semis, but it felt like an anticlimax for me.

It was a very disappointing game, but all the English football is shite patter is a bit desperate. That's how it works out sometimes regardless of who is playing.

It was probably the worst final of any kind in any sport that I have sat through, worse than the Wimbledon final when Cilic absolutely shat the bed. Just absolutely atrocious from everyone on the park.

Spurs dropping Moura was an absolute disgrace as well, if someone scores a hat trick in the semi final to single handedly drag your team into the final then that player is going to have all the momentum and confidence going into the final, he should have been the first name on the team sheet ffs. Kane would have made a decent impact sub in the likely event things were tight going into the last 20 minutes and because of being out for so long he shouldn’t have even been considered a starter for them. Absolutely terrible stuff from Poch.

The best team won at least but it was fucking awful to watch.

Well done to Liverpool. Not much of a game but deserved it despite playing nowhere near their best.
You get the feeling Klopp is building something but they're still a way off/ if ever winning the league...
Anyway history remembers the victors!

Edited by jagfox99

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was a very disappointing game, but all the English football is shite patter is a bit desperate. That's how it works out sometimes regardless of who is playing.

Yeah, agreed. English football isn't shite - it's spectacular, soulless, and self-important. But it's definitely not shite.

Also, not getting the love for the streaker just because she's hot - still absolutely cunty behaviour. 

You can say it’s not a good advert for English football but then all you need to do is look back to the semi finals. Man City and Liverpool are the two best teams in Europe just now and their not fading away any time soon, I think we’ll see an English finalist in the champions league for the next 5 or 6 years now and would bank on city winning it next year.

Was the all Madrid Final that Bale won with a header not an absolute snoozefest?

Only seen second half but it wasnt great, Tottenham looked nervous and Kane was absolutely miles off it, they'll be regretting the choice to start him now but he is a match winner.

Liverpool never looked overly fussed in defence, Van Djik strolled it. Nice to see genuine emotion upon winning it, and as much as I dislike Henderson I felt happy for him after seeing his celebration. Sean Dyche naming him his man of the match was predictably hilarious though. 

Obviously Robertson the real star of the show, cant be much argument about him being the best European left back around just now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Was the all Madrid Final that Bale won with a header not an absolute snoozefest?

Yeah it was pretty shit as was the 2016 all Madrid final, most of them are an anti climax because the occasion gets he better of the players but last night was on another level of absolute pish.

Finals between teams from the same country are usually  rubbish and that was no exception. Thought both teams looked really nervous and that showed in the number of misplaced passes. 

Spurs conceding a penalty 25 seconds into the final was absolutely hilarious though, what the hell was Sissoko doing?!

Lucas Moura shoulder be absolutely furious with Pochettino - dragged the team there when they looked out and is dropped for a player who didn't kick a ball for a few months. Kane was utterly awful as well - lacking match sharpness but in a game like that he never offers much anyway. He's a world class finisher, but not a world class striker. 

Klopp on the other hand had his team spot on. The difference a competent goalkeeper has made to the team is incredible. 

It’s just wee man syndrome from a few bitter Scots neighbours. There will be some seeth that the English clubs have won both European cups.

Well done Liverpool.