The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Gavin Price is one of the worst managers seen at the Glebe.Didnt exactly set the heather on fire at Elgin so why the board choose him is beyond me.Clueless tactics against Fraserburgh yesterday,unable to fathom a tactic to break down Fraserburgh,looks like Brechin will not win the league with this manager.

5 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Gavin Price is one of the worst managers seen at the Glebe.Didnt exactly set the heather on fire at Elgin so why the board choose him is beyond me.Clueless tactics against Fraserburgh yesterday,unable to fathom a tactic to break down Fraserburgh,looks like Brechin will not win the league with this manager.

He has been in charge for only 2 games!!. 6 years at Elgin tells its own story. Give the guy a chance for God's sake

11 hours ago, citydiehard said:

We have played Fraserburgh 6 times since we went into Hihgland Leagues, lost 4, won 1 and drawn 1. So Andy Kirk also couldn't crack them with any regularity

4 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I just can't believe Brechin have slipped off the summit, especially with they games in hand tbh.

Still top by a bit.

On 26/11/2023 at 12:49, Kev8122 said:

He has been in charge for only 2 games!!. 6 years at Elgin tells its own story. Give the guy a chance for God's sake

On 26/11/2023 at 12:49, Kev8122 said:

He started the slippery slope at Elgin.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Now that Celtic's Highland League tribute act have a trip to Parkhead with 50% of the gate coming their way they won't be short of money for bolstering their squad where the title race is concerned.

That's an interesting one. 

What exactly would they be bolstering for ?  Do you think this might spur them into going for promotion ? 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That's an interesting one. 

What exactly would they be bolstering for ?  Do you think this might spur them into going for promotion ? 

What do you mean ‘what would they be bolstering for?’ If I was a Buckie fan I’d want the club to win the league, regardless if they had ambition of league football or not. 

Your message reads like ‘why would they put up a fight against us’. 

The folk who run the club want up. The amount of money they’ll make just off prize money for losing to Celtic, never mind any share of the gate or anything else, probably amounts to more than everything they’ve earned post-Covid. 

Of course, they have to pretend to the support they don’t want to take the club up, what with the support being terrified of ‘Nae being hame fir wir supper, min’. 

2 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

What do you mean ‘what would they be bolstering for?’ If I was a Buckie fan I’d want the club to win the league, regardless if they had ambition of league football or not. 

Your message reads like ‘why would they put up a fight against us’. 

I think you've overthought this one. 

It was a slightly  tongue in cheek comment based on nothing more than previous conversations with Buckie fans. 

You would naturally think  they will try to bolster ............ but then again , if they are thinking ahead this money would be a great help to them getting their ground SPFL ready. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The folk who run the club want up.

Really? The only director I've talked to said definitely not but he might be in a minority. I'd imagine Garry Farquhar's children will be pleased that he won't need to be blowing their inheritance again for the next couple of years.

19 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The folk who run the club want up. The amount of money they’ll make just off prize money for losing to Celtic, never mind any share of the gate or anything else, probably amounts to more than everything they’ve earned post-Covid. 

Of course, they have to pretend to the support they don’t want to take the club up, what with the support being terrified of ‘Nae being hame fir wir supper, min’. 

I see from some rags that they're in line for (at least) a cool £250k.  😬

Eta: no idea what we got for our 4th round trip to Celtic Park in 2018.  Attendance for that was given as 24,879.

Edited by Hedgecutter