The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

From purely a football perspective I agree there’s better than Cruicky, he would admit that. But purely for the effort and enthusiasm he puts into being a Brechin player he deserves a contract, he’s the first (if not only) lad that’s over interacting with the young lads in the main stand after a match. And don’t get me wrong he’s a more than capable player when required.

At the end of last season when we brought in Luke Strachan, which probably cost a few quid, we'd have been better playing Cruickshank more often.  Has never let us down.

22 hours ago, citydiehard said:

That’s promotion gone already,to get a decent manager you need to splash the cash,so the aims of this board have failed.

And if they splashed the cash on a decent manager you'd then moan we've splashed the cash 😂😂

2 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

At the end of last season when we brought in Luke Strachan, which probably cost a few quid, we'd have been better playing Cruickshank more often.  Has never let us down.

4 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

From purely a football perspective I agree there’s better than Cruicky, he would admit that. But purely for the effort and enthusiasm he puts into being a Brechin player he deserves a contract, he’s the first (if not only) lad that’s over interacting with the young lads in the main stand after a match. And don’t get me wrong he’s a more than capable player when required.

I remember him saying that if he didn't get another contract with us he'd call time on his career.

Good enough for a back up and I'm sure he doesn't cost an arm and a leg to have on the books.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, city1906 said:

I remember him saying that if he didn't get another contract with us he'd call time on his career.

Good enough for a back up and I'm sure he doesn't cost an arm and a leg to have on the books.

No surprise there, he had already ‘called time’ on his career after he left Carnoustie. 

That season we won the league really was the peak of attendances and connection with the community. 

And regarding Luke Strachan, he wouldn’t still be a footballer if it wasn’t for Granda Gordon, he is pish. 

Edited by MonTheHedge

18 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

No surprise there, he had already ‘called time’ on his career after he left Carnoustie. 

That season we won the league really was the peak of attendances and connection with the community. 

And regarding Luke Strachan, he wouldn’t still be a footballer if it wasn’t for Granda Gordon, he is pish. 

Absolutely he is pish, as was the guy from Ross County!

56 minutes ago, city1906 said:

Matthew Wright released now - would be amazed if he remains in the SPFL  

1 hour ago, city1906 said:

Didn’t get the hate for Wright if I’m honest. Stuck wide on the left more often than not and that did not suit him. 

Everyone on the Brechin Facebook page shouting for an announcement by the board,good luck with that as its top secret,but there is a mole inside and I know for a fact they are struggling to get a new manager in,no one wants the job.What are the mafia saying now ,I’ve tried telling you guys for weeks now that this board are useless.

31 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Everyone on the Brechin Facebook page shouting for an announcement by the board,good luck with that as its top secret,but there is a mole inside and I know for a fact they are struggling to get a new manager in,no one wants the job.What are the mafia saying now ,I’ve tried telling you guys for weeks now that this board are useless.

If you look at a certain comment from a few days ago, you'll probably find the manager's name there.

Can you enlighten me (being genuine here) on what all this mafia crap is about?

42 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Yeah that ‘announce’ patter is chronic….boy is just the worst….😏

26 minutes ago, city1906 said:

If you look at a certain comment from a few days ago, you'll probably find the manager's name there.

Can you enlighten me (being genuine here) on what all this mafia crap is about?

Wow Robbie Raeside I was hoping that was a joke,really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one,he’s just as bad as the Price appointment.Wheres the ambition gone,they pretty thought it would be easy to get out of the highland league.May as well get used to being a middle highland league team now.

On 02/06/2024 at 21:47, Rossco8326 said:

Think Grady or  Spark might go.   think cruickshank  is out of contract and didnt get much game time so he might go too  most of the squad is under contract so can't see many going 

How about handling and McDonald? 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

They are also out of contract - would be very surprised if we could offer then enough money to sign on again. Additionally McDonald had a serious injury last season and missed the whole campaign (only made a subs appearance in the last home game)

17 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Edited by Kev8122

57 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Wow Robbie Raeside I was hoping that was a joke,really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one,he’s just as bad as the Price appointment.Wheres the ambition gone,they pretty thought it would be easy to get out of the highland league.May as well get used to being a middle highland league team now.

As I've said before - the budget dictates the calibre of person coming in. If it is Raeside then so be it  - he'll get my initial support  

5 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

They are also out of contract - would be very surprised if we could offer then enough money to sign on again. Additionally McDonald had a serious injury last season and missed the whole campaign (only made a subs appearance in the last home game)

Hmm okay fair enough, asking for no reason in particular btw 🤥

10 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Didn’t get the hate for Wright if I’m honest. Stuck wide on the left more often than not and that did not suit him. 

Wright was wildly talented in his spell at Brora and scored a bucketload in half a season. Either Brechin wasted him playing him out of position or the boy resented dropping down again and couldn’t be arsed. Either way, strange to get next to nothing out of him. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Wright was wildly talented in his spell at Brora and scored a bucketload in half a season. Either Brechin wasted him playing him out of position or the boy resented dropping down again and couldn’t be arsed. Either way, strange to get next to nothing out of him. 

He definitely tried......

Just now, MonTheHedge said:

He was a trialist for us a few years ago wasn’t he? 

Don't remember that, doesn't mean it didn't happen right enough.

I remember him being a great player for Falkirk and St Johnstone though.