The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How much could a development fee possibly be? 

I know it definitely has its place as it benefits the club that have given the guy a chance but if it’s putting clubs off of signing him because they do not want to pay it it’s not really too fair on the player

I've heard it's around the 10K mark...

1 minute ago, Edzellcityfan said:

It is a lot of cash for clubs at a lower level before taking into account the guys wages. Could be 20-25k all in - you could get a top part time level player in for that 

Again though Brechin do deserve to be compensated something for giving the guy a chance 

4 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

I've heard it's a bit more....But who knows.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Do clubs not basically have to agree a fee, and if no agreement can be made it goes to SFA tribunal?  £15k was the figure I had heard Brechin were looking for, but that might just be to put off interested teams.

Edited by Brechin City FC

Just now, Brechin City FC said:

Do clubs not basically have to agree a fee, and if no agreement can be made it goes to SFA tribunal?

I think it's a set fee based on a players age and time at club etc....

Not 100% sure though

1 minute ago, Brechin City FC said:

Do clubs not basically have to agree a fee, and if no agreement can be made it goes to SFA tribunal?  £15k was the figure I had heard Brechin were looking for, but that might just be to put off interested teams.

Aldo heard they wanting between 15-20k

6 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I think that any HL club would be delighted having a team containing Spark, Martin, McHattie, Patrick, Macloud, McDonald, Scott & Loudon.

The core of our team is very strong and I'm sure we'll add 2 or 3 decent players before the League Cup starts.

No point in signing players who are not better than the players we have just to make up numbers.. 

Never mentioned signing players just to make up the numbers,get a few injuries and the squad is short.

3 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Sopt on. We already have a good group of players don't think we need to add much more as seen on Tuesday if they are managed right and not played out of position we seen how good they can be. No point siging players just for the sake of it need to make sure they are the right ones

FFS we were only playing Scone Thistle one of the little junior teams.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

FFS we were only playing Scone Thistle one of the little junior 

Oh piss off with your negative shite. You must be a right barrel of laughs in person 

5 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Not sure I 100% agree with this. Take the point that we have a good starting point and we don't want to sign players just for the sake of numbers but I think we are desperate for a striker and also need a right back and centre half before the start of the season.

You might be pleasantly surprised after Saturday. 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It is a lot of cash for clubs at a lower level before taking into account the guys wages. Could be 20-25k all in - you could get a top part time level player in for that 

Again though Brechin do deserve to be compensated something for giving the guy a chance 

Not a case of us deserving it , that is the standard ruling introduced by our ruling bodies. 

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Not a case of us deserving it , that is the standard ruling introduced by our ruling bodies. 

Aye… but it was put in place because clubs deserve compensation for developing players

Cove willing to give the guy a trial so you’d think they’d be willing to pay the fee 

54 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

But how can we manage that ? CDH says we have no money and we're o. The brink of collapse 😂

Nothing has been announced yet or official,any way squad looking a bit light is ominous for season ahead we could always lend you some players AGAIN 

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Nothing has been announced yet or official,any way squad looking a bit light is ominous for season ahead we could always lend you some players AGAIN 

Vicsdiehard strikes again!