The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

28 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Good signing on paper I'd imagine Brad McKay will stroll the HL played decent enough for Kelty anytime I saw him.

Brechin must have been throwing the cash at him as id imagine their would have been a few teams interested in him.

Don't think so as Vicsdiehard (the font of all knowledge)has stated many times previously we are totally skint!  

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Don't think we have cash to throw about. Him and McHattie are good mates think he would have had some influence on it 

Think he was staying in Edinburgh(McKay) fair old trek to be going up North every Saturday.Pretty sure their would have been L2 teams in for him aswell,must be on a decent wage or a very good signing on fee.

Edited by mo83

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Think he was staying in Edinburgh(McKay) fair old trek to be going up North every Saturday.Pretty sure their would have been L2 teams in for him aswell,must be on a decent wage or a very good signing on fee.

Sometimes it's not all about the cash. Players sometimes just want to play where they know they will be looked after. 

20 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Sometimes it's not all about the cash. Players sometimes just want to play where they know they will be looked after. 

Understand what your saying but can't help but think it's down to cash.

Don't get me wrong if you have the cash go for it.Brechin really need out the HL sooner rather than later and I understand why they would go for experienced pros but they come at a cost.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It's not been enough for us to sign players this season when before it has been.

We've been struggling badly for recruitment.

Edited by ScottishLoon

8 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

It's not been enough for us to sign players this season when before it has been.

We've been struggling badly for recruitment.

I see you have signed Scott Reekie, formerly of this parish. Albeit that was a long time ago. 

Unless he’s gone downhill rapidly I should think he will be competent and solid but not outstanding in L2. 

23 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

I see you have signed Scott Reekie, formerly of this parish. Albeit that was a long time ago. 

Unless he’s gone downhill rapidly I should think he will be competent and solid but not outstanding in L2. 

I liked Reekie, would actually have filled a void in our team at the moment as backup centre half/right back.  Hope he does well for Forfar.

53 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Oh dear ,the money struggles bearing fruit now raising admission prices is just the beginning of the end ,the club losing too much money trying to get back into the SPFL.

Your season tickets have only gone up a fiver after a 3 year freeze.

50 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Will be interesting to see the season ticket sales in comparison to last season that's for sure

I've been one of the very few Clach fans to buy a season ticket, think I might have been the only one a couple of years ago, because there's no real saving. You get one free game a season but hardly anyone can make every single home game, so you might as well pay at the gate. I only buy one to encourage me to go on a miserable winter night, whenever I miss a game it's a cracker. You might well sell more season tickets this year by raising gate prices, giving a real saving. 

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Some people just don't understand how inflation affects businesses. 

I get it, and I was absolutely expecting an increase, it's just the kids thing that doesn't quite sit with me. My son went to every away game last year and don't remember him paying an entry fee at all but we don't reciprocate. 

I know we don't get players like McKay, McDonald, Handling etc without any cost, so I'm not sure what the answer is.

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've been one of the very few Clach fans to buy a season ticket, think I might have been the only one a couple of years ago, because there's no real saving. You get one free game a season but hardly anyone can make every single home game, so you might as well pay at the gate. I only buy one to encourage me to go on a miserable winter night, whenever I miss a game it's a cracker. You might well sell more season tickets this year by raising gate prices, giving a real saving. 

Last year I paid at the gate and went to every home game - missed out on a £20 saving but this season the saving is £49 so it's a no brainer - ST purchased.

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Oh dear ,the money struggles bearing fruit now raising admission prices is just the beginning of the end ,the club losing too much money trying to get back into the SPFL.

What do you care? You spend your Saturdays watching your beloved Vics

1 hour ago, Edzellcityfan said:

I get it, and I was absolutely expecting an increase, it's just the kids thing that doesn't quite sit with me. My son went to every away game last year and don't remember him paying an entry fee at all but we don't reciprocate. 

I know we don't get players like McKay, McDonald, Handling etc without any cost, so I'm not sure what the answer is.

I think U11s for free and £50 for High School children is pretty reasonable, if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

I think U11s for free and £50 for High School children is pretty reasonable, if you ask me.

Well that's not the case anymore though is it? Previously primary school children got the free season tickets but my P7 son is now £50. I get that it couldn't last forever etc etc.

For a bit of context my sister has told me that my nephew is double the price for a season at Glebe Park than he is at Pittodrie....

1 hour ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Genuine question, what is it that doesn't sit right with you? I think the club have been very generous in allowing U16 free season tickets for what must be around a decade. As the above poster has said, I think free ST for 10 and under whilst charging a small fee of £50 for 11-15 is entirely reasonable and equates to just a few quid a game for someone at High School.

1 minute ago, gm_1982 said:

Genuine question, what is it that doesn't sit right with you? I think the club have been very generous in allowing U16 free season tickets for what must be around a decade. As the above poster has said, I think free ST for 10 and under whilst charging a small fee of £50 for 11-15 is entirely reasonable and equates to just a few quid a game for someone at High School.

Fair question. For what it's worth I agree that £50 is reasonable for 11-16 year olds.

What doesn't sit with me is that all other HL clubs allow under 12s at least (some are under 16s) in for free and we have never reciprocated that for away fans. We have done the free season tickets for primary school children for a few years, which has been very welcome.

3 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Fair question. For what it's worth I agree that £50 is reasonable for 11-16 year olds.

What doesn't sit with me is that all other HL clubs allow under 12s at least (some are under 16s) in for free and we have never reciprocated that for away fans. We have done the free season tickets for primary school children for a few years, which has been very welcome.

I don't see the need for us to be letting away supporters in for free. If other clubs want to do it then fair enough but I wouldn't expect my child to get in for free at an opposition ground. Just my opinion.