The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I see from some rags that they're in line for (at least) a cool £250k.  😬

Eta: no idea what we got for our 4th round trip to Celtic Park in 2018.  Attendance for that was given as 24,879.

Our gate share was under £100k

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

That's what I herd. Did we not blow most of it on paying off Daren Dodds ? 

I don't remember terminating him and his staff was that expensive, but it contributed to a fairly significant financial loss for that season. 

1 minute ago, Kev8122 said:

I don't remember terminating him and his staff was that expensive, but it contributed to a fairly significant financial loss for that season. 

I mean the following season after the cup run of course

3 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

In hindsight , had we strengthened the squad while in the championship it might have worked out better for Darren and possibly done away with the need to pay him off.

Given the 2 clowns who succeeded him I actually don't think he was that bad a manager . 

15 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

In hindsight , had we strengthened the squad while in the championship it might have worked out better for Darren and possibly done away with the need to pay him off.

Given the 2 clowns who succeeded him I actually don't think he was that bad a manager . 

Better than the clown we’ve got now.

42 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Get yur heid oot the sand.Weve no money left and Price can’t buy any players in so no promotion for us this season.

We will be bringing players in - we have to if we want to get back. May well have to use loan signings though.

Just a thought but what is Shane Sunderland up to these days ? Not herd about him since he got released from Inverness maybe could be convinced by gavin with him being at Elgin with him defently help us up front anyway 

Don't think that Sutherland has played for a while owing to a serious injury. Even if he was fit I can't see him coming to Dundee to train with the squad. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

He was generally pretty decent and he is doing well assisting Cumbernauld Colts.

11 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

cost cutting and adjusted ambitions maybe.....'Curtains for the club'...no chance

Go back to this thread in the season before we ended up in the Highland League.  The amount of knicker wetting that the club would not survive if we went down was unbelievable.

On 29/11/2023 at 20:18, Kev8122 said:

Don't think that Sutherland has played for a while owing to a serious injury. Even if he was fit I can't see him coming to Dundee to train with the squad. 

His last match was the Premiership play off semi final second leg against Arbroath in May 2022 when his leg basically fell off. I think he’s done.

14 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

Go back to this thread in the season before we ended up in the Highland League.  The amount of knicker wetting that the club would not survive if we went down was unbelievable.

Last season the club achieved income of nearly £400k without any SPFL money (no share money included). That is an incredible amount for a HL club and higher than most SPFL seasons. It shows that the town has really got behind the team after some disastrous years of decline. However, the wage ratio was too high, a major factor in the club's substantial losses (but understandable given the club's quest to return to the SPFL. 

If we don't go up the budget will have to drastically reduce. We will find it very difficult to pay SPFL wages to any player.

There are too many people in the town (and beyond) to allow it to fold though even though we may have to lower our ambitions a tad. 

City Die Hard is not a true fan just someone to gets his kicks derising Managers, Committee members, actual supporters etc... and never posts anything when the team has a good result. Not sure why he still goes to games (maybe he doesn't)

37 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Last season the club achieved income of nearly £400k without any SPFL money (no share money included). That is an incredible amount for a HL club and higher than most SPFL seasons. It shows that the town has really got behind the team after some disastrous years of decline. However, the wage ratio was too high, a major factor in the club's substantial losses (but understandable given the club's quest to return to the SPFL. 

If we don't go up the budget will have to drastically reduce. We will find it very difficult to pay SPFL wages to any player.

There are too many people in the town (and beyond) to allow it to fold though even though we may have to lower our ambitions a tad. 

City Die Hard is not a true fan just someone to gets his kicks derising Managers, Committee members, actual supporters etc... and never posts anything when the team has a good result. Not sure why he still goes to games (maybe he doesn't)

Been going to every game since the 90s thank you very much.

I see the game is off tomorrow,hope they are training going over all the mistakes they made last week.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Been going to every game since the 90s thank you very much.

I see the game is off tomorrow,hope they are training going over all the mistakes they made last week.

Do you not think your judgement might be a bit eccentric, given that the last management team you slagged off were snapped up by a Premiership outfit?

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you not think your judgement might be a bit eccentric, given that the last management team you slagged off were snapped up by a Premiership outfit?

The troll is at it. 

If on the very slim chance  he has been coming to games since the 1990s I seriously doubt that he pays to get in .  A miserable b*****d like that surely wouldn't pay to be as negative ?  

Even after being put in his place by financial facts he still comes back and spouts shite .