The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Lenny needs to up.his game, been at fault for 2 of the goals...

Could we hire a coach that can teach the players how to cross a ball and defend? 🙈

Only positive this is it isn't our main starting lineup.

Real stuff starts on Saturday and no place for complacency

32 minutes ago, city1906 said:

Are you actually there to witness how we're playing?

Watching on the stream,this is worse than when Price was in charge.Players need to show some passion when getting beat as they are playing like headless chickens.Is Cregg another duff appointment.

32 minutes ago, city1906 said:

Lenny needs to up.his game, been at fault for 2 of the goals...

Could we hire a coach that can teach the players how to cross a ball and defend? 🙈

Only positive this is it isn't our main starting lineup.

Real stuff starts on Saturday and no place for complacency

I fear for the season ahead especially if we go behind as we don’t have a clue how to get back into the game.

17 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Watching on the stream,this is worse than when Price was in charge.Players need to show some passion when getting beat as they are playing like headless chickens.Is Cregg another duff appointment.

It was a pointless game that offered nothing other than pride if we won.

I'd rather as did many others in the stand, rather have our strongest team out on Saturday rather than risk them getting injured tonight.

Common sense really.

Wasn't a pretty watch but Saturday is more important imo.

Saying that, we played well in spells, but some of the goalkeeping and defending was questionable.

Decent away support too!

16 hours ago, greendot said:

Apparently we've signed Mark Ridgers according to the BBC.  Not the first time we've had a keeper turn up to the wrong ground right enough.......

Untitled-1.jpg.69a56bfa46a3abf87d4406ea5d4f2d50.jpg

Bring back the days of the BBC having a highland league correspondent who knew which teams a player played for.  Is it too much to ask? 

Hopfully this new keeper gets clearance soon lenny looked like he was going back to his old ways after being great the past few games.  Wasn't too keen on Robertson last night think he just needs to get up to speed. Thought Scott logan looked decent 

I can see what the thinking is with Robertson, ironically I think he would have done well with the way price wanted to play. He’s the big man up top that can take in the ball and feed Loudon/Scott.

A lot of other highland league teams have a player like him so we will just have to wait and see how Cregg uses him.

Overall I’m very positive for the season and looking forward to Saturday! 

15 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Don’t get the negativity from some at all. I thought he was good last night. Especially second half

I think he will get more out of the likes of Loudon/Scott.  Not sure he will get as many goals himself but that's irrelevant as long as we win the league.

56 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

What a waste of a signing way overloaded with strikers now ,yet still no new keeper in to challenge Lenny who is prone to mistakes every game.

I admire the grift. I really do 🤣

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

What a waste of a signing way overloaded with strikers now ,yet still no new keeper in to challenge Lenny who is prone to mistakes every game.

Work permit issues (which you'll probably be aware of )