The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

11 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Let’s not get too excited,Brora and Formartine scoring for fun while we could only muster 3 today

That's the spirit!

24 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Let’s not get too excited,Brora and Formartine scoring for fun while we could only muster 3 today

Win 1-0, win 2-1, win 10-0 still 3 points at the end of the day and that's what matters.

13 minutes ago, city1906 said:

Win 1-0, win 2-1, win 10-0 still 3 points at the end of the day and that's what matters.

While I agree in principle, you did miss out on the league title last season by goal difference 🤐

I'd wager a comfy 0-3 away win over a decent side like Nairn bodes well for when you're playing the relegation fighters like Rothes and Strathspey though.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

22 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

While I agree in principle, you did miss out on the league title last season by goal difference 🤐

I'd wager a comfy 0-3 away win over a decent side like Nairn bodes well for when you're playing the relegation fighters like Rothes and Strathspey though.

Aye agreed, but and the end of the day 3 points is what matters.

No need to be reminded though 🙈🤣

1 hour ago, city1906 said:

That’s what Gavin Price thought last season while he was telling Australia’s Grady McGrath to sit on the bench and fill in his sudoku book. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

12 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

That’s what Gavin Price thought last season while he was telling Australia’s Grady McGrath to sit on the bench and fill in his sudoku book. 

Thankfully Price is gone and we are now playing probably the best style of attacking football I have seen in around 40 years . 

We honestly missed more chances yesterday than we created in Price's last 10 games in charge. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Thankfully Price is gone and we are now playing probably the best style of attacking football I have seen in around 40 years . 

We honestly missed more chances yesterday than we created in Price's last 10 games in charge. 

If we keep playing like that, we'll have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully this season we'll take more points off those in the top half of the table.

Ticky night on Wednesday and Saturday though.

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Are we any closer to getting a 2nd keeper ? Seems to be taking a hell of a long time to get clearance. How long do we give it until we have to try and get some one else in ? 

Near enough done.

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Don't think he's played a league game for them yet he's been suspended 

Correct and as they have to fork out a considerable development fee ( tribunal to decide the amount), I would be very surprised if they got rid so quickly. 

23 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

At last - Isaac checks in. Hope he does well , he's certainly the right size!

Is this lad a young Right Back? If so, he has been training with Montrose, but was binned after failing to impress in U18 games for us.

9 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Is this lad a young Right Back? If so, he has been training with Montrose, but was binned after failing to impress in U18 games for us.

He's a 29 year old Australian goalkeeper, so probably not.