The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 03/08/2024 at 18:04, citydiehard said:

Let’s not get too excited,Brora and Formartine scoring for fun while we could only muster 3 today

Are you excited yet?

Hopefully you were at the game last night?

On to the Broch on Saturday and hopefully more of the same - fast, pressing , flowing football and kept it going until the end. Formartine didn't score for fun last night did they? 

48 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

On to the Broch on Saturday and hopefully more of the same - fast, pressing , flowing football and kept it going until the end. Formartine didn't score for fun last night did they? 

Fraserburgh away will be a proper test of whether Brechin have really improved this season or not. 

1 hour ago, Kev8122 said:

Are you excited yet?

Hopefully you were at the game last night?

Yes I was there while the result was pleasing the performance  In the first half is worrying,too many mistakes at the back especially by the captain,midfield is non existent in.Still think we will struggle against the better teams,Saturday think the Broch will be too strong our boogie team.

1 hour ago, offsideflag said:

Fraserburgh away will be a proper test of whether Brechin have really improved this season or not. 

Fraserburgh have proved too physical for us in the past.  Last night showed we can handle that side of the game.  I'm quietly confident we will get a result.

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Yes I was there while the result was pleasing the performance  In the first half is worrying,too many mistakes at the back especially by the captain,midfield is non existent in.Still think we will struggle against the better teams,Saturday think the Broch will be too strong our boogie team.

Well this is some absolute butchering of the English language here.....

Space bar must be broken on CDH laptop.

Apart from one at the beginning of the match where Locos were through on goal I can’t remember a single mistake that sparky/mckay made. I thought sparky was brilliant anticipating through balls and getting a head start on the locos forward who was clearly faster than him. 

McKay is such a classy player, you can tell he’s got that full time background, and he will be a rock back there. 

59 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Apart from one at the beginning of the match where Locos were through on goal I can’t remember a single mistake that sparky/mckay made. I thought sparky was brilliant anticipating through balls and getting a head start on the locos forward who was clearly faster than him. 

McKay is such a classy player, you can tell he’s got that full time background, and he will be a rock back there. 

Anyone with half a brain would recognize that Sparky was absolutely outstanding  last night.

As well as being grammatically challenged, Vics Die Hard knows SFA about football. 

Play like last night week in week out we have nothing to worry about.

Every area of the park was outstanding.

Good to see after going 2-0 up we didn't sit back but rather pushing for more while rotating the squad early and not the usual final 5/10 mins.

There's a buzz again around everyone which was lost after Gavin took the reigns.

9 hours ago, citydiehard said:

image.gif.173a7de67794145688d094f9f9eb4731.gif

18 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Well this is some absolute butchering of the English language here.....

Space bar must be broken on CDH laptop.

I don't think the issue lies with the equipment he's using. More likely the tool using it!

10 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

We’ve signed Jamie Richardson on loan, thoughts?And also how is Craig Tosh getting on?

Jamie started well enough and we thought that we had signed someone very special alas it didn't really turn out that way .Not sure we used him in his best position though. Tosh is not currently getting a lot of game time as we are playing Scott and Loudon either side of Dayle Robertson He usually gets about 20 minutes at the end so difficult to judge him at the moment. 

43 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Jamie started well enough and we thought that we had signed someone very special alas it didn't really turn out that way .Not sure we used him in his best position though. Tosh is not currently getting a lot of game time as we are playing Scott and Loudon either side of Dayle Robertson He usually gets about 20 minutes at the end so difficult to judge him at the moment. 

Where did Richardson play as opposed to where you think he should?hopefully Tosher gets some more game time soon, good to see Dayle Robertson doing well though.

58 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Where did Richardson play as opposed to where you think he should?hopefully Tosher gets some more game time soon, good to see Dayle Robertson doing well though.

He was chucked out on the wing and I think he is more of a central player - we have Anthony McDonald playing as a number 10 and I think that would suit Jamie

59 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

54 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Well that was a slog,Will the dropped points come back to haunt us,very poor today.

Quicker you're in a grave the better.

Your utter negativity towards the team/committee it inexcusable.

Week in week out, if we lose you're at it , if we win you're still at it.

You're not a supporter and you don't travel to away games.

On that note, piss off and let us enjoy speaking about football and our results without your drivel.

Edited by city1906

Tough game. Probably not our best performance but battled hard, we would have lost that game last season. Credit to the players for keeping going until the end, they've had a lot of matches at this early stage of the season. 

13 minutes ago, GP_Red said:

Tough game. Probably not our best performance but battled hard, we would have lost that game last season. Credit to the players for keeping going until the end, they've had a lot of matches at this early stage of the season. 

Agreed. First half was brilliant, 2nd half not so.

As you say had that been last season we would have been down at the break.

Early stages yet but I'm happy with that result, would have been better with 3 but coming away with a point at somewhere we've struggled is testament to th work going on.