Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

He is an arrogant little so & so. Remember his interview after the 5-5 draw with Kennoway last year, he was dismissive of anything ksh did any never gave them any credit whatsoever
He was being interviewed for Rose TV so naturally focused on the Rose.

Right or wrong decision... week in and week out you slaughter the team regardless of the result. There is only so long you can do that and not look for a change.

The rose can win 7-1 and we get 10 posts from you about how the goal shipped was awful and the team aren't good enough.

I liked Mark and Paul. But I guess those making the call had to consider whether there has been real improvement on last year.

Bearing in mind that last year, the constant criticism was the we lost all the tough games, but won the simpler ones and that cost us the league. We simply cant repeat that.
Agreed. The real disgrace are those proclaiming to be 'done' its just a change of manager.

It must be a concern that the ropey defence I called out after the first game of the season ships 6 goals to a team who had only managed 7 in 5 previous league games. Lessons not learned by the look of it and costs them their position.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It must be a concern that the ropey defence I called out after the first game of the season ships 6 goals to a team who had only managed 7 in 5 previous league games. Lessons not learned by the look of it and costs them their position.

The fans are understandably upset because hes a club legend. SOmetimes heart rules head and thats why the fans are upset. I do think its harsh to sack someone after two games but if you actually look they haven't played anyone from the top half in the league apart from us.  Maybe they were worried what Bo'ness or Tranent or Hill of Beath could do.

I did say I felt they needed an overhaul of the playing staff and I think they've held onto a lot of players who have been great servants but they probably need a change. They need younger more vibrant players.

Seems a bit disrespectful with a sprinkle of self-entitlement to me as there’s been no mention or credit given to what appears to be a good Musselburgh side this year.

Hi Gogs. How did you get on against Talbot out on interest? #pish

They got comfortably beat by a far better side, much like the wee Rose did yesterday. Only difference being Kelty took it on the chin, didn’t greet about it or lay blame to their manager and sack him.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Seems a bit disrespectful with a sprinkle of self-entitlement to me as there’s been no mention or credit given to what appears to be a good Musselburgh side this year.

Are they good? 4 defeats in 5 until yesterday? perhaps, but they hadn't shown it until yesterday.

Are they good? 4 defeats in 5 until yesterday? perhaps, but they hadn't shown it until yesterday.

I can only go on what I seen when we played them to be honest albeit BU were down to bare bones and ended up down to 9 men with no subs available! But Mussy looked a decent side that day. Hard working and hard to beat. Didn’t realise they’d had as poor a start though. Until yesterday [emoji4]

Right or wrong decision... week in and week out you slaughter the team regardless of the result. There is only so long you can do that and not look for a change.

The rose can win 7-1 and we get 10 posts from you about how the goal shipped was awful and the team aren't good enough.

I liked Mark and Paul. But I guess those making the call had to consider whether there has been real improvement on last year.

Bearing in mind that last year, the constant criticism was the we lost all the tough games, but won the simpler ones and that cost us the league. We simply cant repeat that.
Forums are about opinions and I state mine - but their again I'm a bit more regular at games than some.

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You will find out in less than a week Burnie! Didn’t start off well in the league, but in recent games have played all three teams, or who were in these positions; beat Bo’ness in the Alex Jack cup. Was a baws hair away from beating Tranent (caveat to that is a minute before Tranent got their winning, it looked as if we’d go into the lead, but for a great block by Dean Whitson). Yesterday we pummelled Lithgae - all the better as we were down to 11 fit players, all on park. Subs were two guys who’d played in the Under 20’s the night before and a played coming off a  5 week injury lay off.

i have criticised some decisions made this season, but you will find that 4 defeats in 5 is purely in league. Bad if you look at this in isolation, but we are into the semi final of Alex Jack cup so some stats can look worse if not clarified!

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You will find out in less than a week Burnie! Didn’t start off well in the league, but in recent games have played all three teams, or who were in these positions; beat Bo’ness in the Alex Jack cup. Was a baws hair away from beating Tranent (caveat to that is a minute before Tranent got their winning, it looked as if we’d go into the lead, but for a great block by Dean Whitson). Yesterday we pummelled Lithgae - all the better as we were down to 11 fit players, all on park. Subs were two guys who’d played in the Under 20’s the night before and a played coming off a  5 week injury lay off.

i have criticised some decisions made this season, but you will find that 4 defeats in 5 is purely in league. Bad if you look at this in isolation, but we are into the semi final of Alex Jack cup so some stats can look worse if not clarified!

My only point was that prior to yesterday, nobody would have described Musselburgh as a "good Musselburgh team" given your position and start. Yesterday you obviously made people sit up and take notice.  Hopefully Darren Downie doesn't want to score next week against his auld team......

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

My only point was that prior to yesterday, nobody would have described Musselburgh as a "good Musselburgh team" given your position and start. Yesterday you obviously made people sit up and take notice.  Hopefully Darren Downie doesn't want to score next week against his auld team......

I am not taking that away from you Burnie! Three good performances, but also a number of below par matches too! Hopefully Burgh can maintain that standard. With 2 matches in next 6 days, we will find out.

Darren scored twice yesterday; perhaps a hat trick next week?!?!

@8mileBU

"Seems a bit disrespectful with a sprinkle of self-entitlement to me as there’s been no mention or credit given to what appears to be a good Musselburgh side this year."

Have you had a look on the Musselburgh thread? You know, where talk of Musselburgh might be. Or were you too eager to try and score points on here?

@8mileBU

"Seems a bit disrespectful with a sprinkle of self-entitlement to me as there’s been no mention or credit given to what appears to be a good Musselburgh side this year."

Have you had a look on the Musselburgh thread? You know, where talk of Musselburgh might be. Or were you too eager to try and score points on here?

Haha, aye I dove right in there! [emoji1] My bad.