FIFA 20

TheGoon

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

People like to bitch about every little thing EA get wrong, but I see nowhere near enough abuse for the absolute shambles that these CONMEBOL cards are.  There's very few ways they could have made more of an arse of them.

The good thing is they are easy enough to complete (compared to other league SBCs) and the cards are actually either quite good to use, or to shove into an SBC. 

But yes they have made a right hash of actually finding the cards. It is much easier on the app though. 

Edited by Wardy

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

The good thing is they are easy enough to complete (compared to other league SBCs) and the cards are actually either quite good to use, or to shove into an SBC. 

But yes they have made a right hash of actually finding the cards. It is much easier on the app though. 

If by easy you mean cheap, then yeah, absolutely.  They're a good proposition for churning through given there aren't any big expensive players you need.  The rewards are also great - I'm using 3 of the 6 in my best 11.

But completing it isn't "easy" thanks to how much of an arse they've made of the cards.  Granted, it's a lot harder for me because I can't buy cards on the app anymore.  When I don't already have the players, I'm forced to complete in-game, and it's soul-destroying.

25 minutes ago, forameus said:

If by easy you mean cheap, then yeah, absolutely.  They're a good proposition for churning through given there aren't any big expensive players you need.  The rewards are also great - I'm using 3 of the 6 in my best 11.

But completing it isn't "easy" thanks to how much of an arse they've made of the cards.  Granted, it's a lot harder for me because I can't buy cards on the app anymore.  When I don't already have the players, I'm forced to complete in-game, and it's soul-destroying.

Yeah easier as in cheap. Also easier on the app, but as you mentioned that you cannot do that, so of course not as easy for yourself. I tried to do it once on console and gave up relatively quickly. Doesn’t even have the sudamericana and Libertadores “leagues” when you do it with a squad builder. It’s a disaster.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who would people choose to play beside Aguero? 

Domt worry about chemistry can link them in somehow.

Screenshot_20200407-111037_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c3529e88fdbeddc9934f4d04932f1646.jpg

If its a striker i'd play Griezmann, i've had all three at one point and he has been the most effective.

39 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

Mane 91 or mbappe 90 as striker? 

Need to play either at LW to get futbirthday sissoko on chem.

The answer to every French attacker question is always Ben Yedder.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Salah or Griezmann, think Salah’s pace maybe useful next to Aguero who isn’t the fastest. Greizmann more of a CAM for me.

That was my thoughts, but reluctant to go full EPL as I'm petty as f**k.

Griezmann and 88 Saul are my targets.

People like to bitch about every little thing EA get wrong, but I see nowhere near enough abuse for the absolute shambles that these CONMEBOL cards are.  There's very few ways they could have made more of an arse of them.

There’s a lot more to be negative about regarding gameplay than some SBC challenge that’s optional.

4 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

If its a striker i'd play Griezmann, i've had all three at one point and he has been the most effective.

Screenshot_20200407-153016_Companion.thumb.jpg.6875fa498c4aa92b1b4bb47f487bc904.jpg

Team now. If Griezmann is shite, I blame you for all my losses.

My aim was to get rid of my high cards by punting them into the mid icon sbc after I did the icon swaps.
Got pissed off after a few defeats doing the German one so went for the mid icon sbc now instead of waiting. Packed Zanetti RB which is shite as I was hoping for any position bar LB, RB and GK.

Also went and done the birthday pack and got winter fresh Nathan Ake.

Shite.

31 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

There’s a lot more to be negative about regarding gameplay than some SBC challenge that’s optional.

Yes, it's minor.  But considering the stuff that people do complain about it, it's far further up the list.  It's also a far bigger f**k-up than a lot of them.  It's not just about the SBCs.  It's random cards chucked onto the market, indistinct card types and visuals, lack of explanation as to what cards are what...a complete mess.

And considering people on reddit seem to lose their absolute shit over spelling mistakes, it will always surprise me how little attention this one gets.

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Ha ha, ok.

I'd be inclined to blame having Sir Tommy Wright as the manager instead!

How dare you!