FIFA 20

TheGoon

From almost being at promotion to Div 7, I dropped all the way back to the middle of Div 9! Battled my way back to promotion to Div 8 last night and will leave it there for the rewards.

Played a 93 rated team during that and managed to beat them 3-1, I am always more worried when I see, for example, a team of Gold EPL as they are generally much better players.

9 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

How do you get your defenders to get right tight into the other team!? Mine always seem to stand off compared to what it's like against me.

Yeah as others have said, defending (unfortunately) is more about anticipation and picking moments. I really miss the older defending formats that allowed you to effectively press and tear people apart with mad sliding tackles. Unfortunately this game has changed that, hence the reason you find so many people being forced into absolutely shitebaggery defending by dropping deep and having multiple midfielders just shifting from left to right on the edge of the box without actually putting in a tackle (ironically it replicates the modern footballer, lots of running and moving from side to side but not much in the way of physical aggression).

It also doesn't help that defending is broken in terms of tackling anyway. Attackers seem to be able to bundle through 80% of tackles so it doesn't matter if you have a player with 95 defending, it still sometimes feels like it is a game of chance at times (hence the reason some of these 'meta' players are so often used).

It's my biggest gripe about FIFA. I don't care about overpowered pace or dribbling, I do hate the defending mechanics though, and the passive nature of just allowing the computer to defend for you and this dropping back into your own box style of play. 

10 hours ago, AUFC90 said:
11 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I’ll need to go back and put GMS on my bench, I’m a sucker for higher end cards and once TOTS started he was relegated out of the squad.

Played him next to various icons and pretty much everyone under 2 mill and he still scores as many as any of them. Stupid basically.

I've put him back on the bench and will give him a bash today ahead of the weekend league.

I won 3 out of 4 last night and was on top in another before timing out for selecting a podcast on the Spotify app.

I think I'm getting better at the defending but going forward I was a lot better as well, think the key for that was making sure all my players took a touch unless under no pressure what's so ever. Was too used to previous games where you could just batter A and the ball would pinball around, only got one trick in my locker which is the fake shot so limited in what I can do.

Not really got any top pace players other than Werner but even then the best part of his game is a touch and finish, his finishing is unreal. Only got the 86 rated CL card but 18 goals in 20 games since coming in.

Not long until WL rewards are out.

Fully expecting to get the option of Oblak and Kroos since I've already got them.

A rare Gold 2 finish for me and the only La Liga player I was offered was 88 Lucas Perez, twice.

F**k that shit. If it is the Bundesliga tomorrow, I'm skipping the weekend league.

Screenshot_20200514-090537.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

And it looks like they've fucked up the red picks too. People finishing Gold 2 and higher and not getting offered any La Liga players.

A chance this'll be sorted or are you stuck with it?

Not logged on yet so if I'm better waiting I'm willing to do that 😂

Thankfully logged on before I took my Gold 2 picks. Will leave it and see if they fix the issue.

Rivals rewards have paid out though. Took untradeables since I’ve f**k all left in my club and got Ter Stegen and some Brazilian RM from the Turkish league. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A chance this'll be sorted or are you stuck with it?

Not logged on yet so if I'm better waiting I'm willing to do that 😂

I'm not expecting my picks to change as I was offered a La Liga player in both, but they'll have to sort it for people who didn't.

It'll take them ages to sort it out as usual.

If you finished Gold 3 or lower, your picks won't be affected.

I got a La Liga pick in both. Oblak and Kroos in the first one. Parejo in the second one.

I actually went for Visca over Oblak as I’ll actually use him off the bench. He looks amazing actually. Parejo from the other purely for rating. Underwhelmed. 

They offered me Mariano RB as well, so both my Guaranteed TOTS SBC players offered to me in my red picks. Pure pish. 

Edit, rewards absolutely terrible. As expected. 

Since I’ve moved my PS4 up the top floor I’ve literally packed nothing of use or value. 😂👍🏻 Pack luck is done. 😂

Edited by Wardy