FIFA 20

TheGoon

Got pretty pish in my mega packs from squad battles rewards. Think my pack luck has ran out. Did get a discard in form though. The guy from Seattle Sounders. Vidal was in the other mega pack. Again meh. At the start of the game he would have been ok, but the market isint great the now. 

Did Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg and RB Leipzig Bundesliga SBCs and got nothing of note. Same with the 2 latest ultimate scream SBCs.

This morning's positives - packed Scream Trippier from Squad Battle rewards.

This morning's negatives - I accidentally hit Buy it Now instead of bidding 150 coins, so paid 10,000 for Heart's Ben Garuccio.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

This morning's positives - packed Scream Trippier from Squad Battle rewards.

This morning's negatives - I accidentally hit Buy it Now instead of bidding 150 coins, so paid 10,000 for Heart's Ben Garuccio.

I did similar.  Was bidding on some underpriced silvers to sell them on and making a nice little bit of profit.  Pressed the wrong button, bought someone for 10k and immediately wiped out said profit.  f**k sake.

I finally got the 2000 points required for the WL, and given there's only really 2 weekends left for it, I decided to try and get those 9 wins for the Icon Swaps token.  And it's reminded me how much I truly hate the WL.

Started off fine on Friday, felt like I was coping pretty well.  Got 3 in 5, defending...OK, and very good in attack.  Went on Saturday night and jeeeeezo.  Think I lost 8 on the spin.  Every single one of them by a single goal, usually in extra-time or in the closing minutes of normal time.  Usually I rage quit if I go 3 or 4 behind, just to save time, but I didn't even get battered badly enough to save face.  Finally managed to break the cycle and get 2 wins on Saturday leaving me at 5 in 15.  

Any ideas of getting to Gold well and truly out of  the window, I just wanted my 9.  Queue up another load of very narrow defeats, and then the odd win to push me closer.  Just about reached 9 after some of the least enjoyable games I've had on 20.  Just about made it to 11 wins and Silver 1, lost my final one to give me no chance of Gold 3.

WL can get to f**k from now on.

On 24/10/2019 at 17:49, Mr. Brightside said:

Yeah, so Nainggolan is superb.

At first he didn't quite fit how I wanted to play.  Then I realised that I should fit around how he wanted to play.

I'm playing a 3-4-2-1 with him at RM.  Usually use Cuadrado as he at least has the physical attributes to get back, but big Radger is something else.  Twice in one game I was cut open at the back, and then from seemingly nowhere, he steams in to block the shot a few yards out.  He is the absolute perfect option for how I want my wide midfielders to play.  Only negative is he can't quite do the other direction quite as well. He doesn't really have the pace to push on past the RW position, so may need to tweak instructions a bit to suit.  

I finished Silver 1 this week, never had enough time and when I did my internet was down. Think I was 11 and 3 before I quit. Still not really enjoying this year, the total lottery of gameplay being Good-Bad and not really finding a team I enjoy playing with. 

How do people play 30 games every weekend? I finished 15-14 in my first one and to be honest have no desire to go back next weekend and do the same - it's just too much. I have the points for another one now, but really just can't be arsed with it. 

1 hour ago, deej said:

How do people play 30 games every weekend? I finished 15-14 in my first one and to be honest have no desire to go back next weekend and do the same - it's just too much. I have the points for another one now, but really just can't be arsed with it. 

I could in no way do it every weekend.  On 19 I did the odd one, maybe a few more during TOTS, but it was an exception rather than the rule.  I usually need to have a distinct gap in my weekend to be able to manage it, either the wife being out on one of the nights, or Friday off or something.

I have no idea why people are willing to do this every single weekend.  And it fucking baffles me that people used to do 40 games in 2 days, rather than 30 in 3.

At first he didn't quite fit how I wanted to play.  Then I realised that I should fit around how he wanted to play.
I'm playing a 3-4-2-1 with him at RM.  Usually use Cuadrado as he at least has the physical attributes to get back, but big Radger is something else.  Twice in one game I was cut open at the back, and then from seemingly nowhere, he steams in to block the shot a few yards out.  He is the absolute perfect option for how I want my wide midfielders to play.  Only negative is he can't quite do the other direction quite as well. He doesn't really have the pace to push on past the RW position, so may need to tweak instructions a bit to suit.  

I've managed to get him into CM and still run with 100 chemistry. Had to drop SMS, but compared to Radja he's so slow.
He's an absolute machine at CM, always gets back to defend and has banged in about 15 in 20 games or similar.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I've managed to get him into CM and still run with 100 chemistry. Had to drop SMS, but compared to Radja he's so slow.
He's an absolute machine at CM, always gets back to defend and has banged in about 15 in 20 games or similar.

Maybe need to look into that, although I'm on a chemistry tightrope at the moment.  Packing Van Dijk has given me a problem given I've no intention of abandoning my Serie A love.  SMS is great, but he is probably the next to be upgraded if an option comes along.  I got Allan for the weekend, and he is just so good.  No wonder he's that bit more expensive.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Maybe need to look into that, although I'm on a chemistry tightrope at the moment.  Packing Van Dijk has given me a problem given I've no intention of abandoning my Serie A love.  SMS is great, but he is probably the next to be upgraded if an option comes along.  I got Allan for the weekend, and he is just so good.  No wonder he's that bit more expensive.

I'm using Allan in a 3-5-2 Brazilian squad at the moment and he's tremendous. Him and Paulinho are such a good pairing

34 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Best player i packed was Koulibaly. If I sold him what should i be ranging to get for him ?

Just have a look see what he’s currently selling for. I’d recommend waiting till like Thursdays night when prices will be up a bit. Prices always go up on Thursdays with people having fresh coins from rewards. 

Just have a look see what he’s currently selling for. I’d recommend waiting till like Thursdays night when prices will be up a bit. Prices always go up on Thursdays with people having fresh coins from rewards. 
Ah thank you.
I havnt a clue with any of this.
I enjoy doing the squad building. First team I did was Werder Bremen and that's who I got.
Havnt a clue when it comes to weekend games or whatever goes on.
Thinking least if I sell this guy i will get a fair few coins to work with. But coins go so quick. Saving is quite tough going