FIFA 20

TheGoon

I done one and got Silva, delighted with that. Not sure how he will play but I can fit him in with Red Telles. Quite happy to be able to make a change to the team. 
I used if silva up until Christmas and he was excellent. Haven't had this on in about 3 weeks now though and I'm not missing it at all. It's a very bad game.

I'm going to have a significant number of upgrades once I'm done churning through them, bought up quite a few rares this afternoon.  In for a penny, in for a FIFA coin and all that.  Few packs waiting behind all the unassigned, so join me here later on as I tell you how I got f**k all.

Right then, shall we begin.  I fancy hating myself a wee bit.

17 player picks up first, because I can't open packs until they're gone.  I believe 15 of those are upgrades, 2 are league SBCs I completed.

1. ...sakes.  Saw the blue card but of course it's the Championship League SBC, so obviously there's one there.  The 90 rated guy taken, SBC fodder.
  2. First Ligue 1 pack, all gold, all shite.  Lecomte taken (but that does mean I had enough to complete another)
  3. Premier League SBC.  Maguire taken as I completed Nani with him a minute ago
  4. Eredivisie League SBC.  Took Berghuis, obviously.  All leagues down, just French disappointment from now on
  5. All NIFs, took Konate
  6. First TOTS, Rajkovic, 89 rated keeper.  I'm whelmed.
  7. All NIFs, took Simon
  8. All NIFs, took Icardi
  9. All NIFs, including Icardi again.  Took Paredes
  10. All NIFs, took Benedetto
  11. All NIFs, took Raphinha
  12. All NIFs, took Soumare
  13. All NIFs, took Payet
  14. All NIFs, took Cabaye
  15. All NIFs, took Aguilar
  16. All NIFs, took Niang
  17. All NIFs, took Marcelo

Last upgrade for tonight, and...oh...my...

All NIFs, who fucking cares who I took?

Well, that was shite.  At least I've got some more packs to really, REALLY rub it in.

2 x Silver Players Premium
1 x Small Rare Silver Players
1 x Premium Gold Pack
1 x Gold Players Pack
1 x Small Gold Players
2 x Small Prime Gold Players
1 x Small Rare Gold Players
1 x Mega Pack
13 x 81+ Upgrade Pack
1 x Small Prime Electrum Players
1 x Mixed Players
1 x Premium Mixed Players
2 x Small Rare Mixed Players

I'm expecting nothing less than Mbappe, Neymar and Ben Yedder out of these, so I'll just let you know about them plus other highlights, rather than everything.

Douglas Costa
Icardi (f**k off)
TOTS Moralez (NYC player...worth 50k)
Kimmich
Higuain (duplicate untradeable, had to quicksell)
Gundogan
Chiellini
Mertens

Spilt Drink GIFs | Tenor

Edited by forameus

I take it there is something programmed into this so it knows when you are trying to do their "Score 42 finesse volleys using an Egyptian left back with max 1 star weak foot" objectives that means it gives you all the most difficult opponents in your division?

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I take it there is something programmed into this so it knows when you are trying to do their "Score 42 finesse volleys using an Egyptian left back with max 1 star weak foot" objectives that means it gives you all the most difficult opponents in your division?

Been there...

I don't think there's anything specific, but totally agree it often seems that way.  I've always put it down to as the games plough on, you just start doing everything possible to just get that goal.  And the harder the try, the more it exposes how the game is a bit fucking shit.  I seem to remember having to score with a certain guy, and just as it looked like he might get the last one he pulled up with an injury.

Had some absolute riots of matches in Div 4 rank 1 tonight, just played shite. Probably 3-6 overall and the losses were proper scuddings. Centre of defence just getting overloaded with one touch passing from Neymar, Yedder, etc. Finding that even if you’re predicting a drag back in the box and you’ve positioned yourself behind them or in an area where you know you should catch them out on it they just seem to walk right through you, daft as f**k.

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Had some absolute riots of matches in Div 4 rank 1 tonight, just played shite. Probably 3-6 overall and the losses were proper scuddings. Centre of defence just getting overloaded with one touch passing from Neymar, Yedder, etc. Finding that even if you’re predicting a drag back in the box and you’ve positioned yourself behind them or in an area where you know you should catch them out on it they just seem to walk right through you, daft as f**k.

The rank system doesn't effect the level of your opponent - only the division or, more specifically, your skill rating. The rank is just a reflection of your rivals points from that week. 

12 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Really? Seems a bit pointless having the ranks at all then. I thought ranks made the matchups a bit more specific since the SR range in some divisions is quite broad.

Ranks are just for rewards. It's your skill rating that you get matched with.  Based on who you play against and the result will determine how this effects your skill rating points for each match.

That's how you know if you draw against someone and lose skill rating points then you had more points than them at the start of the match.

This shambolic systems in no way stops people relegating themselves on purpose which we can all agree is absolutely a great laugh.

8 hours ago, robosaintee said:

This shambolic systems in no way stops people relegating themselves on purpose which we can all agree is absolutely a great laugh.

Division 10 is an absolute shark tank at times :lol:

They need to make changes to Weekend League to fix the automatically relegating problem. Either make it more difficult to automatically re-qualify, or make the rewards worse for people in lower divisions.

I’ve been hovering around Divisions 4 and 5 for months now. Don’t enjoy it though. I’ve said this before but I find Weekend League games much more comfortable. Not sure why but I maybe just pre-judge divisions and assume everyone is up to something, whereas I know that in Weekend League everyone is in the same boat and needs to win using their main team. Divisions always feels so artificial and I do think I’ve found the gameplay more unpredictable too, but maybe that’s just a psychological thing.