FIFA 20

TheGoon

I used to like having a silver Scottish team, first one I played was FIFA 13 with GMS on the wing a Russell in the right striker position. Russell cutting in on his right foot was unstoppable.

I was always the same, loved having a Scottish team and a couple of different silver squads. Totally redundant now. I’d imagine that out of the thousands of cards, only a tiny percentage are actually useable.

Why not have a return of daily tournaments or weekly tournaments where you have to play with random requirements, like an all silver squad with minimum two Spanish players or some other out of the blue league or nation?

I have managed to build this since the start of May, got easily have got TOTS Hummells but went for the two new CB's just to try different cards. So can easily see how you can get mega squads without much effort if you play all year. 

I've only got 40 Rivals wins and something like 1350 qualifying points, struggle to get out of D9 as well. But hopefully can qualify for the weekend league next weekend if I hammer rivals at the weekend. 

Should have more time to play when the new game comes as well, so hopefully manage to get up to a good level and enter the weekend league all the time.

Annotation 2020-06-10 134633.png

Edited by Brother Grimm

I used to like having a silver Scottish team, first one I played was FIFA 13 with GMS on the wing a Russell in the right striker position. Russell cutting in on his right foot was unstoppable.
Silver teams and tournaments were one of the best features they just chucked.

EA confirming that this weekend the weekend league will be for current TOTS rewards so same as this week (which is good), then they will re-introduce Team of the Week after that and the rewards will return to that original weekly format (which is bad).

16 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

EA confirming that this weekend the weekend league will be for current TOTS rewards so same as this week (which is good), then they will re-introduce Team of the Week after that and the rewards will return to that original weekly format (which is bad).

Will wait and see what I get tomorrow before I decide if the agony of last weekend is worth repeating 😂 

Will wait and see what I get tomorrow before I decide if the agony of last weekend is worth repeating [emoji23] 

Yeah originally I was looking forward to some post-TOTS games in champs to see how I would get on without that pressure (or the games being packed with mega sweaty players) but imagine that this weekend will be one final high intensity weekend league.

I haven't bothered with FIFA since 13 because I'm not too fussed with playing online and was sick of consistently broken career modes when that's what I was buying it for, however I see this is only £8.99 on the PS store just now.

Is career mode still an unplayable heap of shite or is it worth getting anyway when it's so cheap?

I haven't bothered with FIFA since 13 because I'm not too fussed with playing online and was sick of consistently broken career modes when that's what I was buying it for, however I see this is only £8.99 on the PS store just now.
Is career mode still an unplayable heap of shite or is it worth getting anyway when it's so cheap?
Career mode is still shite with limited options, unrealistic transfers and is tedious in between games.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Are they fucking mental? It's like they actively don't want people to play.

6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

No Ultimate TOTS SBC, just a repeat of last night with the addition of a Rest of the World one.

Great stuff.

I imagine Reddit is positively luminescent with rage right now.

It's poor stuff, but at this stage is anyone really surprised?  I'll still do the SBC because it really doesn't matter, and plenty of people who are absolutely raging will do it too.  EA continue to coin it in, nothing changes.  At this rate it's quite amusing to see what EA come up with next to be the big pantomime villain.

A few of their bigger streamers are giving it to them tight. I only really pay attention to the YoutTube videos of NepentheZ because he reviews players and content rather than gameplay. I don’t actually watch their streams just some of their videos. Anyway, Castro, MattHD, some guy called Pieface (something ridiculous like that). They are all having a go. Quite a few have switched to WarZone for their streaming content.

EA hold all the cards with football. I really, really wish Pes was better/had more licenses.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Career mode is still shite with limited options, unrealistic transfers and is tedious in between games.

Cheers, I'll pass then. Know I'd find it addictive for about a week before all the flaws in the mode aside from the games piss me off royally.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

A few of their bigger streamers are giving it to them tight. I only really pay attention to the YoutTube videos of NepentheZ because he reviews players and content rather than gameplay. I don’t actually watch their streams just some of their videos. Anyway, Castro, MattHD, some guy called Pieface (something ridiculous like that). They are all having a go. Quite a few have switched to WarZone for their streaming content.

EA hold all the cards with football. I really, really wish Pes was better/had more licenses.

Pieface seems to have jumped up.  His name's quite descriptive of his general appearance, and apparently he used to be on Big Brother or something.

End of the day EA have put themselves into quite the position.  People will complain that this is amongst the worst things they've ever done (just like everything is) but I'd imagine they can sink a hell of a lot lower before anything actually happens.  Streamers "abandoned" them around the time they went after that complete gimp Kurt, talking about how it was a revolution and how PES was going to be the new thing to play.  A week later they slunk back on, and probably continued to heavily line EA's pockets.

Just saw what that Nepenthez guy put on your other post...is he...is he actually serious?  I always assume streamers are just playing a character in order to get views, so I assume there's a degree of that, but is he really questioning why EA don't change?  Can he honestly not see why EA wouldn't change when they're already on a very tight schedule thanks to the yearly cycle, and can turn out a bug-riddled game that people continue to fire thousands into every day?  

The only thing that has even a small chance of making EA sit up and actually make any noticeable changes is if a sizeable proportion of people stop buying the game altogether, denying them of any potential FIFA points and engagement. No buying it second hand, no borrowing it from a friend, nothing.  That is something they're going to notice, not some half arsed "oh I just won't buy FPs this week".  Complaining about the game bitterly and continuing to give them 60 quid out your pocket, and A LOT of your time, is just so backwards.

Edited by forameus

There will still be an Ultimate SBC at some point. They're just trying to drain some more of the high rated cards people have built up. Dull but no big deal really.

I think the issue is that they are pulling back more and more with certain things and the ‘community’ don’t seem to be happy. Even the usual online cheerleaders for FIFA seem to be moving on to other things.

One thing I realised the other days was the fact that they used to, maybe three or four times a year, just give you some free packs for playing the game and logging into the app for so many days.

As you say, it’s just very dull and that’s the problem.