FIFA 20

TheGoon

EA are steadfastly helping me not to play the game again, so that's nice.  Did the bumper Thursday Content DLC yesterday with Marquee Matchups, the TOTS SBC and the Deluxe one.  Pretty much nothing from the tradeable MM, Sommer in the untradeable SBC (who I already have untradeable, so discarded), and then some 88 rated La Liga player in the Deluxe.  

First two games on Rivals tonight
Took a 1-0 lead after 6 minutes. Opponent quit.
Took a 1-0 lead after 2 minutes. Opponent quit.
What's the point?
Saves fitness, if you're 2-0 up in the first 5 minutes then it's clearly one of those games when the defence parts like the red sea all game, only to start playing when you're 5-0 down.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

EA are steadfastly helping me not to play the game again, so that's nice.  Did the bumper Thursday Content DLC yesterday with Marquee Matchups, the TOTS SBC and the Deluxe one.  Pretty much nothing from the tradeable MM, Sommer in the untradeable SBC (who I already have untradeable, so discarded), and then some 88 rated La Liga player in the Deluxe.  

Could have used the Sommer towards someone like Modric surely?

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Could have used the Sommer towards someone like Modric surely?

I'll bring him back if I get another player restore in time.  I think I've done pretty much every SBC I'd be that interested in.  It's another shite thing about 20 - this time last year there were all kinds of stuff you could dump players into.  This year I don't think there's anyone I could do that wouldn't just be for the sake of it.  I could do Modric, but out of all the leagues La Liga is probably the one I'm least likely to touch.

But...

51 minutes ago, Mayos Noun said:

IMG_1539.jpg

There you are.  One I would want to do.  And of course, I definitely don't have any restores to use right now, and will probably get a fucking Sommer again.

But honestly, who the f**k knows what EA are up to now?  Seems like they'll drag this promo out a little more, maybe over the weekend, and maybe they are, for once, planning a big bang for the end of a big promo.  

Incoming 90 rated squad...

1 minute ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Honestly not sure if I can even be arsed with it.

It's probably going to be 88-90 rated, and the pack weight will still be determined by market value of the players. If everybodies red picks were absolutely fucking attrocious, and you get 2 players out, from a choice of 4 different sets, why would it be any different here when you get 1 with no choice? WIll be Sommers, Oblaks and Alberto's all round.

It's the same deal as with every pack, you're buying a scratchcard.  I don't doubt there's people out there doing these thinking they're absolutely going to pack Ronaldo (there's enough of them bitching when they don't) but most are doing it to try their luck.  

Way I see it, despite the seemingly endless promos, content this year has been pretty poor.  I've got a pretty stacked club in most areas, close to 3000 player cards, but......why?  What am I doing with them?  There's barely anything I can do with the cards.  So when something like this comes along, why not?  I'll likely get someone shite,  but I think as long as you go in knowing that and make peace with it, it's fine.

Just as I thought.

The fuckers were trying to get everyone to dispose of their high rated cards. To then bring out the Ultimate SBC,  so silly people end up buying FIFA points to try and pack some high rated cards.

It’s pretty criminal to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Just as I thought.

The fuckers were trying to get everyone to dispose of their high rated cards. To then bring out the Ultimate SBC,  so silly people end up buying FIFA points to try and pack some high rated cards.

It’s pretty criminal to be fair.

Part of me admires it, to be honest.  It's seat-of-their-pants stuff and they're sailing very close to the wind, but end of the day the only reason they act like this is because they can get away with it.  And not just get away with it, absolutely thrive through people queueing up to give them money.

Can honestly say, if I was in their position, and had a financial stake in these kinds of decisions, I'd be doing exactly the same as they are.  And I expect anyone who says otherwise is lying.  It needs enough people to stand up and tell them no, otherwise they're going to keep shaking people down until the coppers stop falling out.

Well with The Last of Us coming out and my time probably being sunk into that I am convinced that EA knew that this would be one of, if the not the last Weekend Leagues for a long time for me.

They’ve somehow spun the wheel of FIFA shite and I’ve so far played an absolute gang of teams, with every FIFA rage cliche being thrown at me. We’ve had time wasters, the shoosh, the dab, the replays, the Kents, the drop-backs and, in my ultimate humiliation today, a pumping from ‘Linfield FC’ complete with UVF abbreviation in the team name.

Unfortunately I’ve also been experiencing the most awful pinball FIFA, and I haven’t been getting the rub of the green.

Part of me is okay with this weekend being horrific, means I am more relaxed about chucking it after this.

24 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Well with The Last of Us coming out and my time probably being sunk into that I am convinced that EA knew that this would be one of, if the not the last Weekend Leagues for a long time for me.

They’ve somehow spun the wheel of FIFA shite and I’ve so far played an absolute gang of teams, with every FIFA rage cliche being thrown at me. We’ve had time wasters, the shoosh, the dab, the replays, the Kents, the drop-backs and, in my ultimate humiliation today, a pumping from ‘Linfield FC’ complete with UVF abbreviation in the team name.

Unfortunately I’ve also been experiencing the most awful pinball FIFA, and I haven’t been getting the rub of the green.

Part of me is okay with this weekend being horrific, means I am more relaxed about chucking it after this.

f**k, hadn't realised it was so close to release.  

I'll give the Ultimate SBC a whirl tonight - if I get someone really good I'll consider it, but really could do with just sacking off this weekend.  Last one was fucking horrendous.