Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Hopefully this is the last time we see Kilmarnock players in a Scotland top. 

Agreed, only Findlay is remotely close to being good enough as a back-up.  That's kind of why they play for Kilmarnock.

33 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbf to brophy, he probably isn't good enough but the cross for burke was probably the first one of the night that wasnt either too close to the keeper or miles over hit 

Our corners were pretty garbage ( as usual ? )

Who is a better right back than O'Donnell? Genuine question. I thought he showed how limited he is tonight but there's literally no one who can play the position better so what's the point in constantly slaughtering him?

Edited by MarkoRaj

3 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Who is a better right back than O'Donnell? Genuine question. I thought he showed how limited he is tonight but there's literally no one who can play the position better so what's the point in constantly slaughtering him?

Tierney, Fredericks, potentially Palmer, even John Souttar.

Despite what some are saying on here, McGinn was pish tonight, as was Mclean. McGregor got pass marks. Our best midfield is Mctominay, Mgregor and Armstrong.. with Fraser and Forrest playing old fashioned inside forward role. Brophy was miles off the pace, Burke from get go chased back and looked dangerous up front. Centre backs are bombscares and O'Donnell is too ponderous. Not sure we have better options mind. Few errors by Clarke especially midfield and up front. Wins a win and we move on to Brussels where we need to somehow dig out a miraculous point.

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Who is a better left back than O'Donnell? Genuine question. I thought he showed how limited he is tonight but there's literally no one who can play the position better so what's the point in constantly slaughtering him?

right back. no one - but the usual cringe and ignorance about Scottish football will rear its head. 

24 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Knowing that Rangers supporters will be fuming after every single Scotland victory, I have never felt so patriotic. 

Dreary fucking me.  You're an absolute idiot.  Imagine thinking about Scotland and posting about Rangers.

Glad we (eventually) won this evening and wish Steve Clarke and the team best Rangers wishes for a tricky tie on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dreary fucking me.  You're an absolute idiot.  Imagine thinking about Scotland and posting about Rangers.

^^^ Fuming.

Your argument would perhaps make a bit more sense if I was a supporter of international football. I'm not. I take more joy from a Rangers defeat than a Scotland victory. :thumsup2