Euro 2020 tickets

27 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The one positive of the system is that points are only valid from the last 10 away matches and last 10 home matches. In normal times that would cover somewhere between 2 or 3 years worth of games so it genuinely does rewards those who have attended recently.

It doesn't, because you have to be in the SSC to get the points from those home matches. If you don't go to away matches reasonably often there's no reason to spend the £50 to join the SSC.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

UEFA will surely want to give sponsors loads of tickets.

Would it be surprising if reduced capacity crowds consisted of at least 80% sponsor tickets?

IMO it would be surprising. Given the nature of the sponsors most of their tickets will be for people who need to travel, especially internationally.

Corporate hospitality, on the other hand, there's no way they're cutting any of that at all unless they're forced to.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

UEFA will surely want to give sponsors loads of tickets.

Would it be surprising if reduced capacity crowds consisted of at least 80% sponsor tickets?

I wouldn't think so, as much as they are greedy, they will also want each game to look like it has fans there as opposed to a bunch of sponsors wearing lanyards.

You'd think anyway...

30 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It doesn't, because you have to be in the SSC to get the points from those home matches. If you don't go to away matches reasonably often there's no reason to spend the £50 to join the SSC.

Everybody has the option to join the SSC though so there is no reason to complain if people in the SSC get first dibs. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Not really true, for one thing you get cheaper home tickets if you're a member

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

How many people not in the SSC are attending more matches than someone who is and is travelling to away matches?  I'm sure there's the odd weird case, but I'd imagine if you're regularly travelling for away matches, you're at every single home game.

55 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Everybody has the option to join the SSC though so there is no reason to complain if people in the SSC get first dibs. 

It costs money and unless you're going to away games there's no reason to spend that money - well, other than the remote possibility that we'll come through a back door via two penalty shoot-outs and qualify for a tournament for the first time in more than a generation.

The other benefit is guaranteed tickets for home games, but I've never struggled to get tickets when they went on sale.

12 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Not really true, for one thing you get cheaper home tickets if you're a member

Not enough to offset the cost of the membership, you're still cheaper buying individual tickets.. I was a member for about ten years and I could have done fine without the badges and other tat they send you with the membership. 

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

How many people not in the SSC are attending more matches than someone who is and is travelling to away matches?  I'm sure there's the odd weird case, but I'd imagine if you're regularly travelling for away matches, you're at every single home game.

I've known a few people, mostly who live far from Glasgow, who go to a lot of away games and miss a lot of home games. Sure, it's not the normal pattern but it't not weird.

I don't have a problem with people who travel to away games being in front of me in the queue, even if they miss home games.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It costs money and unless you're going to away games there's no reason to spend that money - well, other than the remote possibility that we'll come through a back door via two penalty shoot-outs and qualify for a tournament for the first time in more than a generation.

The other benefit is guaranteed tickets for home games, but I've never struggled to get tickets when they went on sale.

Not enough to offset the cost of the membership, you're still cheaper buying individual tickets.. I was a member for about ten years and I could have done fine without the badges and other tat they send you with the membership. 

I've known a few people, mostly who live far from Glasgow, who go to a lot of away games and miss a lot of home games. Sure, it's not the normal pattern but it't not weird.

I don't have a problem with people who travel to away games being in front of me in the queue, even if they miss home games.

Over the course of 2 years you recoup almost all of the membership fee if you attend each games. It is certainly value for money. I think that has only became more prevalent in the last few years when discounted prices were given to members (similar with the season ticket plan).

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Over the course of 2 years you recoup almost all of the membership fee if you attend each games. It is certainly value for money. I think that has only became more prevalent in the last few years when discounted prices were given to members (similar with the season ticket plan).

That's only true of the most recent campaign, and if you bought the season ticket.

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That's only true of the most recent campaign, and if you bought the season ticket.

Even without the season ticket you are saving at least £30 over the campaign. 

I think the SFA knew they had asked a bit much for the Euro2016 campaign and since then prices have dropped and been relatively reasonable.

The cheapest tickets are £50 and there are no concessions, so I doubt we're going to see many unemployed folk at the games. I hate the ticket prices but not enough people care about them.

Ye you are right. We just have to be patient and hope for the best. Hopefully there’s a solution that suits folk who’ve already bought tickets in the ballot and for the ssc members with plenty points. I’ve been a member for years but only make home games and a few away games which is why I went down the road of the uefa ballot.

Could they not have a system where instead of simply offering tickets in descending order of points, each point is effectively a raffle ticket, so someone with fifty points has fifty times the chance of someone with one ticket. So folk are rewarded for continued attendance but gives hope to those whose circumstances don't allow them to attend often.

I'm sure there are plenty arguments against (and the hardcore will of course be dead against such a change) but it might be a more fair distribution. Just an idea I thought I'd throw out.

Whatever allocation the SFA get really has to be issued via the SSC in exactly the same way they'd allocate tickets to any other game - if they don't do people would lose faith in the very notion of having the SSC.
Of course, it was more an idea for some point in the future with advance notice of the change being given.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uefa-to-hold-ballot-of-ticket-holders-to-decide-who-misses-out-at-euros-mqmn7p3bq

Uefa is set to hold ballots to decide which fans will miss out on attending Euro 2020 matches this summer after accepting that stadiums are likely to be half-full at most.

A meeting of tournament organisers from the 12 host countries heard that thousands of supporters at almost every venue are likely to have to accept refunds because of restrictions on fans.

Uefa had considered starting the ticket sales process from scratch but is now moving towards a ballot of those fans who already have tickets to decide who misses out. The unlucky ones are likely to be held on a reserve list in case restrictions are eased.

The meeting also heard that restrictions on international travel imposed by the 12 governments are likely to mean that travelling fans will in effect be banned — those that have tickets for matches in different countries would have to abide by any quarantine rules.

England are playing all three group matches at Wembley, including one against Scotland with at least 10,000 fans due to be permitted, and possibly more if test events for Euro 2020 games are held after the planned lifting of lockdown rules on June 21.

Uefa is increasingly confident that Wembley will be half-full for the semi-finals and final, allowing European football’s governing body to maximise hospitality income by using the 17,000 Club Wembley seats.

The threat of Scotland losing its matches in Glasgow has receded after Uefa has received reassurances that some supporters will be allowed into Hampden Park. Hosts have until April 7 to declare their final plans for fans.

The Republic of Ireland is now the most at risk of losing its matches planned for Dublin — given that Ireland has not qualified the Irish government appears less keen to commit for supporters to be allowed, even with social distancing.

Wales are due to play two group matches in Baku, Azerbaijan, and one against Italy in Rome. Fans who have already bought tickets for those games and unable or unwilling to travel will be able to secure refunds from Uefa.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Ah well, that's any enthusiasm for this gone. The day trippers can enjoy the day out.

While those in the SSC who go to every home and away game miss out. What’s the point of being SSC member if you’re not being awarded?

While those in the SSC who go to every home and away game miss out. What’s the point of being SSC member if you’re not being awarded?
UEFA aren't going to put in a specific policy just for Scotland and their supporters club.