Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2019-20

FairWeatherFan

As a way to increase relegation, maybe let the number 15 join a play-off with the highest licensed team in the East, West and South leagues (once the west are on board or there is a new west senior league). Play a round-robin and 1, 2 or 3 clubs play in next year's LL depending on the outcome of promotion/relegation with the SPFL. Play the last round at the same time or after the League 2 PO final second leg and all clubs know after the final whistle what league they will play in next season.
Cant do that because the Lowland league cup takes place at the same time as the play offs. Team 15 & 16 would expect to play at least one game in that.

On 08/09/2019 at 09:34, newcastle broon said:

Ohhh to have a magic wand and a set of floodlights,try t get a team on the park tae,canny be easy 🙄

Have watched the Vale a few times this season. Its a fairly young inexperienced side who are working hard but mistakes are being heavily punished by far more experienced sides.

Its going to be a struggle and at the moment I can't see where a goal is coming from never mind a point. 

Three different EoS teams at very short odds on to beat the bottom feeders in the LL, and that doesn't include VoL who seem completely rudderless. At the current rate, it will take a minimum FOUR YEARS for the aforementioned LL teams to all be relegated. Time for change.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Three different EoS teams at very short odds on to beat the bottom feeders in the LL, and that doesn't include VoL who seem completely rudderless. At the current rate, it will take a minimum FOUR YEARS for the aforementioned LL teams to all be relegated. Time for change.

Aye yer right ask any of the  fans of the 42 teams in the top 4 leagues in Scotland if they like playing each other 3 or 4 times or more a season. 

The relegated club from last seasons SPFL are at massive odds on saturday against EOSFL opposition. 😂

Time for change from top to bottom. 

Edited by newcastle broon

20 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

What a revelation. 

How many years will it take Falkirk to get back to the Championship?

Because you belong in the SPL with your attendances.......

33 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

How many years will it take Falkirk to get back to the Championship?

Because you belong in the SPL with your attendances.......

We'll get promoted this year. And if we don't, thankfully there is sufficient promotion opportunity in that league for us to bounce back in a reasonably quick timeframe. 

Five bottom teams out of the cup, eleven top teams through. Three of the five lost against EOS Premier division teams. No surprise. The Lowland League is turning into a high quality league, but the divide between the top and the bottom of the table is larger than before.

Five bottom teams out of the cup, eleven top teams through. Three of the five lost against EOS Premier division teams. No surprise. The Lowland League is turning into a high quality league, but the divide between the top and the bottom of the table is larger than before.
Having seen Gretna be lucky only to lose 5-1 against a second-gear Linlithgow Rose team without its two main forwards, best midfielder, right back and holding midfielder, I'd have to say the overlap between the bottom of the LL and the EoS was brought home to me. Gretna are the weakest opponent I've seen Rose play this season and if today is representative of their level then they'd have work to do to avoid being relegated from the EoS Premier, were they to drop into it.

The gulf between the top end of the LL and the bottom 4 or so is huge - and the gap between the bottom 4 and the top end of the EoS is pretty big too. I was a moderate on the issue of the number of relegation spots in the LL, but I'm a bit less so after today.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Having seen Gretna be lucky only to lose 5-1 against a second-gear Linlithgow Rose team without its two main forwards, best midfielder, right back and holding midfielder, I'd have to say the overlap between the bottom of the LL and the EoS was brought home to me. Gretna are the weakest opponent I've seen Rose play this season and if today is representative of their level then they'd have work to do to avoid being relegated from the EoS Premier, were they to drop into it.

Gretna would drop into the South of Scotland League. 

8 hours ago, lowenan said:

💰💰💰 

Surely you can see that. The LL has come on a lot from its origins and is gonnae get even better but teams at the top are affording to attract a far better player than teams at the bottom can only dream about. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

The gulf between the top end of the LL and the bottom 4 or so is huge - and the gap between the bottom 4 and the top end of the EoS is pretty big too. I was a moderate on the issue of the number of relegation spots in the LL, but I'm a bit less so after today.

Gretna wouldn't be in the EOSFL 😂

As stated above you can guarantee the top 4 in the EOSFL have a better player pool cash wise to attract a better calibre of player and good luck to them than the bottom 4 LL. Money talks even in the lower reaches of Scottish fitba.

36 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Gretna run the current fourth and fifth place teams in the Lowland league close in league games already this season and drew with Cumbernauld Colts as well. Sixth place Civil only beat them by three, hardly a pumping .  Its only the games away to East Stirling and Kelty where they have been uncompetitive.  One point from seven games perhaps but some of the criticism for them seems to be way over the top here.

They got humped by half a Linlithgow Rose team yesterday. They are murder and at least one level above where they should be. Ditto about 4 other teams.