Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Sad, but looks like Chelsea are reverting to the "spend whatever it takes" model with youth players essentially being used as whores to keep some money ticking in. Gilmour looks pretty gutted he's not working for Lampard any more either, I really thought he'd be the perfect mentor for him.

Hopefully he gets another EPL team on loan, does well and forces himself into the team next season. 

They’re all playing in midfield - that’s about as far as the similarities go.
How often do you see McGinn dropping and taking the ball off of the Villa centre halves?
Scotland really play a squint box in midfield - McGregor and Jack at the base with McGinn and Christie ahead. 
Gilmour is ideally suited to the McGregor role, albeit its harsh on McGregor who has been excellent of late.
McTominay is ideally suited to the Jack role.
McGinn is ideally suited to the McGinn role.
An argument could be made for playing McGinn in the Jack role with Turnbull/Christie/Armstrong etc taking that spot and Fraser where Christie has played.
Any which way, we’ve got a whole host of options.
But Gilmour IN is a must!
Eh. That's McGinns exact role for Aston Villa, he does it all the time

On loan, from what I'm reading.
Either way, you wonder how Tuchel can make snap decisions like that - possibly a preliminary report from the club staff?
He just wants to buy a load of mercenaries. It won't work, when the going gets tough..they won't play for him and he'll be sacked. Modern day football

Maybe not the worst thing to happen to Gilmour tbh. At 19 regular game time at a decent level is better than the odd appearance for Chelsea. Hopefully Boro sign him...
I know you're (sort of) joking but I really want him to get another PL team if he's going on loan.

Brighton would be good, actually: play nice stuff, got a progressive manager and a relegation battle should hopefully be a good lesson. I'm sure they also play with a back three which would be interesting to see from a Scotland point of view.

I know you're (sort of) joking but I really want him to get another PL team if he's going on loan.

Brighton would be good, actually: play nice stuff, got a progressive manager and a relegation battle should hopefully be a good lesson. I'm sure they also play with a back three which would be interesting to see from a Scotland point of view.
Aye another PL is what you want for him ideally but even playing twice a week with a Championship side is better than what he's getting the now I'd say.

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Tuchel has obviously disregarded that he is the next Xavi and Modric by the TA weapons on here.

On this occasion the "TA weapons" are  not wrong.   Gilmour is playing regularly for one of the biggest clubs in the world and absolutely strolling it.   

2 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

On this occasion the "TA weapons" are  not wrong.   Gilmour is playing regularly for one of the biggest clubs in the world and absolutely strolling it.   

And literally turned down Bayern Munich and Barcelona to sign for Chelsea.

Know what he is definitely? Better than any Irish youngster, which the plastic Paddy there will be raging about.

22 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Currently McGinn plays as an ACM for Scotland.   

If Gilmour comes in ( +1) you are dropping Jack or McGregor, if Gilmour and McTominay comes in they're both out.  

If we've got Gilmour, McTominay and McGinn in there, I'm not shedding any tears for Jack or McGregor.

10 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So you don't rate him?

I do (only watched him twice though) but think were getting carried away with a guy who's made a handful of senior appearances. We are also pretty well covered in that department at the mo so don’t see the rush to force him in the team. If he was a right back or a striker then yeah I would be absolutely looking to see if he can make the euros squad but I think for his position there are already a good few who have earned their spots.

47 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I do (only watched him twice though) but think were getting carried away with a guy who's made a handful of senior appearances. We are also pretty well covered in that department at the mo so don’t see the rush to force him in the team. If he was a right back or a striker then yeah I would be absolutely looking to see if he can make the euros squad but I think for his position there are already a good few who have earned their spots.

Don't give it the we pish and get yourself to f**k you plastic Paddy sad b*****d.

I know actual Irish people, loads of them, the sort you'd get all giddy around, and they'd laugh at you. Actual Irish people are just pro Irish, they wouldn't come onto a Scottish football forum to tell Scotland fans how shite Scotland are, same as I don't go onto an Irish one to slag them.

Everyone knows what you are so shut your puss and f**k off.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Only watched him twice but everyone else who says he's a top talent is wrong?

He’s played probably less than a thousand minutes of senior football so its hard to see him much more than that tbh. Its wrong to compare anyone with such little decent game to world greats imo. He certainly is showing composure way ahead of his experience though.

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Don't give it the we pish and get yourself to f**k you plastic Paddy sad b*****d.

I know actual Irish people, loads of them, the sort you'd get all giddy around, and they'd laugh at you. Actual Irish people are just pro Irish, they wouldn't come onto a Scottish football forum to tell Scotland fans how shite Scotland are, same as I don't go onto an Irish one to slag them.

Everyone knows what you are so shut your puss and f**k off.

I will message my family in Ireland to see if your head has landed in any of their gardens for you. Be handy if it lands in Dublin with the extortionate living costs as they will be able to live in it rent free. 

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He’s played probably less than a thousand minutes of senior football so its hard to see him much more than that tbh. Its wrong to compare anyone with such little decent game to world greats imo. He certainly is showing composure way ahead of his experience though.

Roy Keane, an actual Irishman not a pretend one, called him 'world class'.  

7 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Roy Keane, an actual Irishman not a pretend one, called him 'world class'.  

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You're a plastic Paddy self-loathing weirdo who appears on here every now and then to have a go at your own country.  Get yourself to f**k.

Is this a Roy Keane quote from Saipan to Mick Mccarthy? I suggest you calm yourself down Pep before you get banned again.