Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

If you get a positive LFT then my understanding is you must get a PCR test for it to be conclusive seen as the LFT's are notorious for being shite. We've surely not released confirmation he's positive without a PCR test having been done?  The fact it's now been confirmed the remaining 25 players, and entire England squad, are negative just seems rather odd.

Not in general society but for a footballer he might. Usually its just isolate immediately and contact tracing if you are registered. 

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:
It would have been a lateral flow test most likely, I assume they now will have sent a sample for a PCR test. Would be possible to get results by tomorrow but pushing it.  But I don't know as who is going to do the test, would you if someone had tested positive?  Normally they just isolate straight away. 

The twice weekly routine testing will be PCR not LFT same as club routines.

That's worse then as that means he tested positive at least yesterday, you can't get results on the same day. Maybe an elite football squad could but it generally takes up to two days. And he was playing table tennis with Robertson and McGinn last night. 

9 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

That's worse then as that means he tested positive at least yesterday, you can't get results on the same day. Maybe an elite football squad could but it generally takes up to two days. And he was playing table tennis with Robertson and McGinn last night. 

You can get same day PCR results from a chemist in Conon Bridge, a village up the road from Inverness, just costs more. Most expensive takes 2 hours. I doubt Scotland will be doing it by Royal Mail.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

You can get same day results from a chemist in Conon Bridge, a village up the road from Inverness, just costs more. Most expensive takes 2 hours. I doubt Scotland will be doing it by Royal Mail.

For a PCR test? Lateral flow our ones you get a result in about 40 minutes but the quickest I've heard for PCR is up to 48 hours that's just standard NHS though maybe elite sports have dedicated labs.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

For a PCR test? Lateral flow our ones you get a result in about 40 minutes but the quickest I've heard for PCR is up to 48 hours that's just standard NHS though maybe elite sports have dedicated labs.

https://www.highlandpharmacy.org/patient-services

Paid a little bit extra for 12 hour results last week going from Portugal to Spain, depends how far away the lab is.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

PCR, you generally get them back well within 24 hours. 

2 hours ago, Coooombe said:

After the initial hysteria, this could have been a hell of a lot worse. Shame for the kid but if it was Tierney, McGinn, Robertson or Adams who was positive then that would be us about done and dusted already. Fleck, Armstrong and Turnbull are all options to come in, albeit we may need to rejig the midfield slightly. I reckon I'd play Mcgregor in the deep role and have Turnbull and McGinn as the centre mids. 

I agree with this. I re-watched the game just to see how Gilmour played in the midfield and he was good, particularly for his age, but I have to say John McGinn and Callum McGregor were absolute heroes in midfield. I think it's just the usual media hype and I'm confident we can get the required result without him playing. He used the ball well, excellent passer but to be fair got caught out defensively a few times against England helping them to generate a couple of their chances.

There's no guarantee he would have played anyway as our midfield changes according to what's needed, just depends on how Clarke wants the midfield to run.  

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

We've surely not released confirmation he's positive without a PCR test having been done?  The fact it's now been confirmed the remaining 25 players, and entire England squad, are negative just seems rather odd.

Perhaps we've announced it to trick the Croatians into thinking he won't be there and then BAM he turns up Brazilian Ronaldo style

24 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

The SFA get results back from their testing of referees and coaches throughout the season in ~12-15 hours (tests done one evening and results available next morning).

I would assume that international squads get it back even quicker than that.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I agree with this. I re-watched the game just to see how Gilmour played in the midfield and he was good, particularly for his age, but I have to say John McGinn and Callum McGregor were absolute heroes in midfield. I think it's just the usual media hype and I'm confident we can get the required result without him playing. He used the ball well, excellent passer but to be fair got caught out defensively a few times against England helping them to generate a couple of their chances.

Definitely. McGregor was every bit as good as Gilmour was but didn't get the credit that Gilmour did. We also played the last 20 minutes without Gilmour and were every bit as good then as we were in the first 70, so it's not like we can't cope without him.

Obviously I'd much rather he was available, but the whole 'just our luck' routine from some people is over the top. Missing 1 player 3 games into a tournament is hardly being hard done to, the fact it's from a positive test result rather than a football injury/suspension does feel more frustrating, but it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Norwich are apparently "hopeful" of getting him on loan. Should be a good fit stylistically and you'd imagine he'll be a starter, forming the greatest midfield of all-time with Kenny McLean. Hopefully they don't bomb in the PL again.

Brighton would still be my choice for him though.

We missed his composure last night. Mcginn and Armstrong just charged about like maniacs and never kept the ball. mcgregor and gilmour compliemnt each other well and allows us to calm the game down at times.

hopefuly the partnership we see going forward.