William Hill Scottish Cup 2019/2020

23 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Had a message earlier after the draw. Guy said it is a good draw getting Stirling uni. And wondered if they would go round with a bucket again. Tried explaining it was university of Stirling. And not Stirling university. (hope I was right) 😂

You were right...

You'll be playing University of Stirling of LL, at Forthbank Stadium in Stirling.

You'll not be playing Stirling University EOS of EOSL, at Gannochy Campus in Bridge of Allan.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

10 seasons ago (2009-10) you had Broxburn, Blackburn, Tranent, Edinburgh United, Dunbar, Dalkeith & Haddington all knocking around the East Region South Division, and Jeanfield, Dundonald, Crossgates & Oakley in the (then) Central Division. Penicuk were just above the relegation zone in the Premier (below the Super). Now five are full SFA members, with probably another two or three on there way,  Broxburn and Penicuk facing SPFL opposiiton in the second round of the Scottish Cup.

Contrast that with Bathgate Thistle & Whitburn in the Superleague (although out of the 12 team Superleague, only those two plus Lochee still play Junior). How times have changed.

Amazing progress Hibee. 

Penicuik v Stenhousemuir for the telly game ?  

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well that's boring. Beat Nairn County in the replay and we get to get pumped by Brora again. The romance of the cup.

Brutal draw for you guys! Think they’ve been putting some balls in the oven again to save the rest the trip lol

2 hours ago, ASD.LRFC1889 said:

Do Talbot have lights?
As BBC have the Friday night game
But I agree it is tie of the round

Does it have to be on the Friday? I know it's different in the early rounds, but they showed Auchinleck v Ayr on the Saturday lunchtime last season.

But yeah, I'd hope they'd show someone else this time. Penicuik v Stenny would be my pick, real chance of an upset there.

3 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Had a message earlier after the draw. Guy said it is a good draw getting Stirling uni. And wondered if they would go round with a bucket again. Tried explaining it was university of Stirling. And not Stirling university. (hope I was right) 😂

They're sitting in the LL table about where East Stirling were when we played them last season, so I'm nervous about this one. I'm really not sure who ought to be favourites, presumably the students? The only EoS side they've played this season was Blackburn, who they beat 2-1. But that was in August, when they're often struggling for players, so they should be stronger now. Their next two games are against BSC and Kelty, so we should get an idea of what they're about.

3 hours ago, ASD.LRFC1889 said:

Do Talbot have lights?
As BBC have the Friday night game
But I agree it is tie of the round

That's a really good point.

I think it does have to be a Friday night as the BBC Scotland Channel doesn't start broadcasting until 7pm. The Auchinleck v Ayr game was on BBC1 but I can't see a 2nd round game being featured on the main Channel.

You were right...

You'll be playing University of Stirling of LL, at Forthbank Stadium in Stirling.

You'll not be playing Stirling University EOS of EOSL, at Gannochy Campus in Bridge of Allan.

If this is correct then why can they swap players? It’s a 1st team & reserves whichever way it gets buttered up

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

They're sitting in the LL table about where East Stirling were when we played them last season, so I'm nervous about this one. I'm really not sure who ought to be favourites, presumably the students? The only EoS side they've played this season was Blackburn, who they beat 2-1. But that was in August, when they're often struggling for players, so they should be stronger now. Their next two games are against BSC and Kelty, so we should get an idea of what they're about.

I know, hence the  😂 I also knew it would cause some confusion. 😁

Given Talbot don't have lights, and the fact these games are on the BBC Scotland channel, that probably rules it out.

Bonnyrigg (LL leaders) v Buckie (HL leaders) is one of the ties of the round. Penicuik v Stenny could fall into the "shock" category. Both strong candidates for the game.

However if I had to put money on it, Spartans/Deveronvale v Queens Park will get the nod.

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

10 seasons ago (2009-10) you had Broxburn, Blackburn, Tranent, Edinburgh United, Dunbar, Dalkeith & Haddington all knocking around the East Region South Division, and Jeanfield, Dundonald, Crossgates & Oakley in the (then) Central Division. Penicuk were just above the relegation zone in the Premier (below the Super). Now five are full SFA members, with probably another two or three on there way,  Broxburn and Penicuk facing SPFL opposiiton in the second round of the Scottish Cup.

Contrast that with Bathgate Thistle & Whitburn in the Superleague (although out of the 12 team Superleague, only those two plus Lochee still play Junior). How times have changed.

Wee side note 16 years ago Penicuik Athletic never had a team unbelievable journey to where we are now 

Just now, cookieboy said:

Wee side note 16 years ago Penicuik Athletic never had a team unbelievable journey to where we are now 

Better tell the BBC that, they think it was your first Scottish win in 129 years!

It's great progress by everyone, more so Crossgates who were always small fry like us, and were out of the game completely only 3/4 years ago and now in the EoS Premier and working towards a Licence.

The enthusiasm out there is great to see, clubs are becoming more professional in what they do.  Hopefully the remaining WL and Fife Juniors are watching, and make the move over.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Better tell the BBC that, they think it was your first Scottish win in 129 years!

It's great progress by everyone, more so Crossgates who were always small fry like us, and were out of the game completely only 3/4 years ago and now in the EoS Premier and working towards a Licence.

The enthusiasm out there is great to see, clubs are becoming more professional in what they do.  Hopefully the remaining WL and Fife Juniors are watching, and make the move over.

The BBC were actually correct with that statement as much like Crossgates we were in abeyance for a few years 

1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

The BBC were actually correct with that statement as much like Crossgates we were in abeyance for a few years 

Without wanting to go off at a tangent, the club 129 years ago is not the club that exists now which, if you ignore the 10 years in the 1990's, can trace itself back to perhaps 1950 or thereabouts.  If however you're being hard about it, then you were right first time, your club is 16 years old.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Without wanting to go off at a tangent, the club 129 years ago is not the club that exists now which, if you ignore the 10 years in the 1990's, can trace itself back to perhaps 1950 or thereabouts.  If however you're being hard about it, then you were right first time, your club is 16 years old.

We had this argument before I think your wrong and you think your correct we will leave it at that

Just now, cookieboy said:

We had this argument before I think your wrong and you think your correct we will leave it at that

No need to argue, it's fact.  Even the history written on the pre war clubs "Cuckoos and Bluebells" or something like that which covers the period upto 1952 I think, acknowledges it.  Hence why the book stopped at that point.  The club confuse matters with "1888" on the badge.