The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

On 31/07/2021 at 18:40, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’m just waiting for Boris to appoint himself Caesar.

Although the Romans never did defeat the Scots.

Unsurprising, as they never fought them. It's not even clear whether there were Scots in "Scotland" during the Roman expansion. They did eventually defeat the caledonians at mons grapius, but never subdued north of the forth. 

On 01/08/2021 at 13:54, peternapper said:

Is there a limit to how many kids you can claim family allowance for or is that just for normal folk, would be funny if Cummings gave Carrie one as a leaving present to the Johnson tribe.

Assuming you mean child benefit, no, but it's withdrawn if one co-habiting parent earns over £60k pa. 

I wouldn't put it past these two to have her registered as a single parent at chequers and any income she gets being siphoned into an offshore company just to claim it. 

Visiting Tulliallan and Pacific Quay is slightly less brave of Boris than that time Theresa May came up and visited an empty scout hut in Royal Deeside. At least she allowed herself to get told to f**k off going door to door for about 20 minutes before scuttling back to Wangland.

Presumably his itinerary tomorrow is Ibrox, the Louden Tavern and the Apprentice Boys of Derry rehearsal shed in Shotts.

Also, the Glenn Campbell interview on BBC Shortbread a moment ago was laughable. Just let him ramble on and make fart noises in response to his questions, while barely containing his starry eyed joy at being allowed to breathe the same air as his hero.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Also, the Glenn Campbell interview on BBC Shortbread a moment ago was laughable. Just let him ramble on and make fart noises in response to his questions, while barely containing his starry eyed joy at being allowed to breathe the same air as his hero.

Yes, that was some car crash.

For both.

:o

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Unsurprising, as they never fought them. It's not even clear whether there were Scots in "Scotland" during the Roman expansion. They did eventually defeat the caledonians at mons grapius, but never subdued north of the forth. 

They must have thought, looking around after Mons Grapius, what the f**k are we doing here anyway, what was the point of that? Much like in the present day when the oil price collapsed and the Council had blown the money on a bypass and lawyer bills on what to do with Union Street Gardens.

Edited by welshbairn

I got the feeling watching the portion of the interview shown on BBC News that BJ has pretty much tired of being PM and has 1 eye on raking in the cash when he resigns, especially with a new sprog on the way...

7 minutes ago, btb said:

I got the feeling watching the portion of the interview shown on BBC News that BJ has pretty much tired of being PM and has 1 eye on raking in the cash when he resigns, especially with a new sprog on the way...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-quit-2026-money-fun-dominic-cummings-leaks-claims-b940981.html

I'm a bit surprised that BJ doesn't have enough friends left in the British Establishment (dark state) to destroy Cummings credibility. Allowing him that back garden press conference was a huge mistake.

If you look at everything he does in relation to Scotland through a lense on him really wanting scotland out of the union, everything he says and does makes sense.

I'm genuinely of the opinion he could give a toss about Scotland and he and a large chunk of his party would secretly be delighted if Scotland left. 

Interestingly, there is a long standing agreement amongst MP's of all parties (PM's included) that if you are visiting another MP's constituency you notify them in advance. Boris pisses over this all the time, but almost certainly he has and will be in a SNP constituency and almost certainly he will not follow the norms, which will be of no surprise to anyone.

Also, I know he has had covid and was never exactly the healthiest looking guy, but my god, the man looks seriously unwell. 

Not a Boris grips as such, by why would him going to any part of the UK be seen as a 'visit' as if he was going abroad? If you were of the unionist mindset, would you not cringe at this as you'd be of the view he should be in all the nations fairly regularly? 

Edited by Theyellowbox

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'm genuinely of the opinion he could give a toss about Scotland and he and a large chunk of his party would secretly be delighted if Scotland left. 

Scotland is electorally inconsequential for the Westminster Tories. I'd be more confused why anyone would think they would actually give a toss.

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Flegs 

To an extent aye, but I'm of the view that for all of Boris' jingoistic Union flag waving shite, it's done without any thought or concern whatsoever for Scots Tories or the preservation of the union itself, rather it only involves the union flag because doing it with the St.George's would prompt awkward questions.

It's jingoistic English shite, but to them English/British is interchangeable, so using the union flag is simply more convenient. Doesn't mean they actually give a flying f**k about the union, but it pacifies the jock contingent stupid enough to believe they are held in equal esteem by their counterparts down south. Oh, and the dino-deniers/pallet burners of course.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Unbelievably Boris has returned to Fraserburgh, didn't think he'd have the cheek to go within a hundred miles given what he promised them. Staying well clear of the fishermen though, visiting a boat involved with offshore wind.